Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our webform.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.

good then you can do something about this guy "blizzard01" its only been about a month or so of me reporting him to you guys and your anti hack team . -_-
Reply Quote
thank you for acknowledging it to us the players. i think thats all we really wanted, some sort of official word/stance on botting. a non response to me indicated that blizzard does favors bots because it increases the amount spend on RMAH and blizzard getting their cut, etc.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Apoth
if you blizz is banning bots why are they still rampant?

Because 47% of all gamers are lazy and will cheat no matter how much effort they pour in.

Just because Blizz isn't constantly updating us with full disclosure, it doesn't mean they don't care.

So much immaturity and angst here.
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

Blizzard is not doing a good job I'm sorry to say. I don't understand how you go about finding out who is cheating when the community will hand you them on a silver platter yet they aren't banned.
It's not this hard and it doesn't take this long. It's impossible for a actual player to progress who are legit players to get upgrades we need and nothing is done to reward legit players.
What happens after whatever MONTHS and MONTHS you finally ban a player who is botting and making money doing that?
do you take the money back? nope, they keep it and just make a new account. Do you give the money you made on them selling and gold back to players who might of bought off the AH from a cheater since you don't display battle tags of seller.

Battle tags displayed needs to happen and happen fast. Everyone will see the bots and flippers and I personally would never give them a single piece of gold if I could see this.

I DON'T WANT BLOOD DIAMONDS!

I think the WHOLE community would feel like allot more was being done if a running list of people banned for botting and their battle tags were posted. Other games do this, it's just a battle tag.
Otherwise I don't see next to any action being taking.
First off, stop letting people in Asia on the NA servers....that's pretty easy. It should be restricted.
Reply Quote
Finally, a thread about botters with an actual blue post.
I simply don't understand how Blizzard is still allowing botters to run rampant in a game like D3 where real money is involved. It is completely ruining the integrity of the game. I have never considered botting and will never consider it. I hit Paragon level 100 very recently all legit and with hard work and I have a friend who I know in real life who has been botting in D3 for as long as I can remember. His bots did not even get banned in the recent ban wave and they have been Paragon level 100 for a very long time and have net him an insane amount of gold and good $ as well.
I have tried reporting various hackers that I know for a fact are hackers (I would put my life on it that they are hackers) by emailing to hacks@blizzard.com with as much detail as possible yet nothing ever gets done and no one seems to get banned.
Blizzard keeps saying that they are taking this very seriously and all but they are obviously not taking it seriously ENOUGH.
I don't understand why they don't IP ban the botters as well when they do bot them.
What do you guys think a botter will do when one of their account gets banned?
Say, damn I got banned. Looks like I'm done botting in this game ?
Obviously not. They are just gonna buy a new !@#$%^- game and bot again.
Seriously sick and tired of botters.
I enjoy Diablo. Very much so. It is apparent and evident by the fact that I am level 100 but bots have been detrimental to my experience to say the least.

Hire more people to ban the botters, please.
Thanks
Reply Quote
Not trying to shoot the messenger, but nothing useful in that post whatsoever. Thanks for taking the time to write it though.

Again, when I report people on my friends list who have run the same bot on the same account since 2 weeks after release and none of them have ever seen so much as a temporary ban, and I receive countless spam messages/invites a day, and many, many other people report similar issues, and nothing changes, it's quite obvious you're not succeeding in any way, shape or form.

Do you think I care if you announce you've ran a ban wave? I couldn't care less. I care about the problem being solved in my FORCED ONLINE-ONLY experience.

Hire more. Hire smarter. Invest more money into it. You know what you have to do, do it. Not you personally obviously, but the team in general. You're failing dismally in this 'war' thus far.
Reply Quote
Finally, a thread about botters with an actual blue post.
I simply don't understand how Blizzard is still allowing botters to run rampant in a game like D3 where real money is involved. It is completely ruining the integrity of the game. I have never considered botting and will never consider it. I hit Paragon level 100 very recently all legit and with hard work and I have a friend who I know in real life who has been botting in D3 for as long as I can remember. His bots did not even get banned in the recent ban wave and they have been Paragon level 100 for a very long time and have net him an insane amount of gold and good $ as well.
I have tried reporting various hackers that I know for a fact are hackers (I would put my life on it that they are hackers) by emailing to hacks@blizzard.com with as much detail as possible yet nothing ever gets done and no one seems to get banned.
Blizzard keeps saying that they are taking this very seriously and all but they are obviously not taking it seriously ENOUGH.
I don't understand why they don't IP ban the botters as well when they do bot them.
What do you guys think a botter will do when one of their account gets banned?
Say, damn I got banned. Looks like I'm done botting in this game ?
Obviously not. They are just gonna buy a new !@#$%^- game and bot again.
Seriously sick and tired of botters.
I enjoy Diablo. Very much so. It is apparent and evident by the fact that I am level 100 but bots have been detrimental to my experience to say the least.

Hire more people to ban the botters, please.
Thanks

This isn't a country with tax players, a police force, and prisons. They don't have the time or the resources to act as such, and even if they did, well, has police and prisons stopped crime? No, it hasn't.

Anyway, a guy who made $500 botting and selling gold isn't going to have a problem dropping the cash for another copy of the game to do it again for a few months, especially as the game will go down in price in the future. There is NO WAY to stop offenders from becoming repeat offenders.

It sucks, but you have to look at it realistically.
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

If you guys are banning bots, then why do I still see people on my friend's list still botting? Why do other people I know see their friends still botting?
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Scala
If you guys are banning bots, then why do I still see people on my friend's list still botting? Why do other people I know see their friends still botting?

Your friends are jerks, apparently.
Reply Quote
i don't see why one thread should be limited to the topic of bots when the whole community is outraged. next time you lock one of my threads, beware the beast you unleashed in this community.

and for those that don't know, i made a lengthy thread about what blizz needs to do about bots and it was locked immediately and i was directed to this thread. but for giggles i will post what i posted in my thread.

and what they are doing to combat them. this should include the following:

1) sales made from bots

2) bots that buy the game again after they are banned

3) how bots manipulate the economy

4) what programs the bots use, their behavior, and how they single out bots from real players

5) further procedures to enforce "no botting" a simple "report spam" is not effective enough

6) implement a captcha system to quell bots

7) flag accounts that have made 500mil+ gold or $500+ from the rmah

8) hire more GMs to actively seek out bots when they are reported

9) disable IPs and/or users from purchasing at least 4 copies of the game

10) listen to the community

bump or "like" this post if you agree. we need a real response from blizz.

A few of your suggestion actually make sense, but some are really really hard to implement from coding side, and some just doesn't make sense.

Point 1-4 are belong to the "easier said then done" category, it make sense that they should be doing it, but firstly, point 4 need to be establish, which I am sure as all avid mmorpg gamer know, there are always some bot programmer that manage to find a way to keep their bot working for awhile. Though i really hope bliz are able to establish point 4.

point 5,8,10 are good points and certainly within their means to be done (not sure how much expenditure they will incur from it, but from amtuerish point of view, it should not be eating into their profit margin too much =X.

Point 7,9 will risk hitting legit player. countless of player have mad over 500m / 500usd (seriously with item price now, you just need some mini jack pot loot of a 85 percentile rolled item) And one could easily have more then 4 family within the house hold playing this game, not to mention certain internet provider generate same or very similar IP addresses for their client within the same neighborhood from time to time.

point 6 is really a valid point but have you spare a thoughts for hardcore players? It could potentially kill them (not that the irregular server spike is not bad enough for them). Unless its a system that capcha appear only when you enter town, or when you are not in combat (this is hard to establish), or maybe you have better ideas to feed back to them as of how this should be done?
Reply Quote
So why exactly did you people need a CM to comment on the botting issue? Did you really think Blizzard does nothing about bots?

All Lylirra said were the exact same things that plenty of logical people have been telling you since people started complaining about bots. But, now it's official. ::rolls eyes::
Edited by Yura#2182 on 11/20/2012 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
well, i never cared for bots, but i hope we can stop with the bots qq
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]