Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though.

It's too late. This game is terminally ill because of the botters !!!!

I do not know anything about how botters work and if it's even theoretically possible to stop them, but what I do know is that whatever Blizzard has done to stop botting has been a miserable failure

I have been looking to upgrade my weapon,a WD ceremonial knife. I have 30 million gold and had been using that as my max limit. Well I have been searching for months and could not find anything even close to what I have. Today I learned why. I paid 2 Mil on the GAH for my present knife (a definite "steal"/bargain I admit) Today I forgot to set a max price and because I forgot to do that I learned that a comparable knife is today selling for 1.5 Billion to 2 Billion . Botters apparently continue to prosper in the D3 environment.

How can a legit player progress in such an environment?
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 5/2/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
Yesterday, I spoke with one of the guys on the team for over an hour

This is why bots are running rampant. The anti-hack team is busy talking all day.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 03:33 PMPosted by JJLXL
Yesterday, I spoke with one of the guys on the team for over an hour

This is why bots are running rampant. The anti-hack team is busy talking all day.

Is it possible to stop them????
Reply Quote
Did someone else already mention this? Go after the maker of the software. I know when I boxed WoW the creator of the software I used was in contact with Blizzard to make sure he was in compliance with them. I can't believe Blizzard can't just sue the crap out of these guys.

Then again I'm not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Luthaer
. I know when I boxed WoW the creator of the software I used was in contact with Blizzard to make sure he was in compliance with them.

And Blizzard said YES??????????????????

And with all the botters out there the cats kinda out of the bag and I don't see how suing the manufacturer now will cure the present botter malignancy. And make no doubt -- botters are like a malignant cancer that spreads and is killing this game. Who else can survive in this game other than the botters and those that support them with their off-site gold purchases
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 5/2/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 03:46 PMPosted by hawkeye
. I know when I boxed WoW the creator of the software I used was in contact with Blizzard to make sure he was in compliance with them.

And Blizzard said YES??????????????????

And with all the botters out there the cats kinda out of the bag and I don't see how suing the manufacturer now will cure the present botter malignancy. And make no doubt -- botters are like a malignant cancer that spreads and is killing this game.

Yes. ISBoxer. Check out dual-boxing.com.
Reply Quote
I just dont understand how you can report someone for something like botting, they continue to do it, and then still not get banned. How is that sliding past Blizzard? Are they looking into reports? Or just launching ban waves that can technically be avoided?
Reply Quote
I've contributed to making one bot getting banned woohoo!!!
That took a few reports tho. It's a neighbor's account that got from lvl 50ish to 60(70)ish in 2-3 weeks.

It was obvious that he got hacked and that a bot was playing it as this neighbor was workin outside right b4 i start seeing him online 100% of times (He hadnt even got a lvl60 after 10months of D3 release)
Reply Quote
lol ive only been playing a few weeks (not even 100 hours) on my monk and i am almost 70. You can level much faster when you are playing higher MP levels. Most obvious bots are the ones playing on MP 0-2 24/7
Edited by kodebob#1457 on 5/2/2013 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Please fix the friend request issue, as logging in to almost a hundred requests+ is not acceptable nor will be tolerated anymore. They are in violation of the TOS and COD that Blizzard itself has laid out, but does NOT enforce. I will no longer log in to spend all my time reporting these idiots (which you can only do a certain number of times before you get 'input limit error') and they blatantly violate Blizzards terms, nor will I pay for expansions or and more content with this simple but major issue continuing. I will return this game for it is not working properly.
Ban these idiots or lose your paying customers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]