Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

Lylirra, I think the community would like some clarification on Macros if it's at all possible.

There are threads that pop up all the time asking for clarification on mouse macros and whether or not they're considered automation.

Pretty please with cherries on top Gojirra!?

I can't link anything, but I'm fairly certain I've seen a blue post regarding keyboard macros, which they include as using software to gain an advantage (cheating). I assume any macros are included and I completely agree.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 11/20/2012 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Teelo
Pretty please with cherries on top Gojirra!?
Why should we have to beg to get an answer to a valid issue?

You're not begging. I am. >.< (Rather, I have been for a while)
11/20/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Triphex
What if we just simply macro a potion to the G key to the left of ` is that bannable?

Are you asking if you can use those extra keys in game? You most certainly can.
I remember a post from a Blue. You find it on Diablofans. Macros will be a ban if caught due to changing of the program.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible.

Thanks for the lip service.

Since launch I've seen only an increase in junk mail gold.com, bots, dupes, complaints about bots, etc, etc.

It's getting worse in spite of all your butt busting. I'm not impressed.
Reply Quote
From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams.

Unfortunately many of us Europeans on the European servers are starting to doubt this...

For the past week any attempts to report advertisement robots or farming robots has thrown back an error saying that the report was unable to be generated. As such advertisement robots have been running rampage and the only way to stop their spam is to block them (which only stops you from seeing it).

what if i Macroed Q to a G key?

Blizzard should be unable to detect Macros as they are part of the input driver functionality and thus completly transparent to the applications. They might be able to tell you are using a macro supporting input source by checking the drivers but they will be unable to tell if a key press is generated from a macro or manually. They cannot block all macro supporting input sources as many are completly legitimate gamming tools.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 11/20/2012 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Triphex
I meant what if the key had a logitec macro running it to use a potion, I know I could just hit the Q button, but what if i Macroed Q to a G key?

Yes, like I said you most certainly can do that.
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

What about loot alert users? I have reproted several users. Nothing has been done. Is this program okay to use then?
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:03 PMPosted by WideAsleep
Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible.

Since launch I've seen only an increase in junk mail gold.com, bots, dupes, complaints about bots, etc, etc.

It's getting worse in spite of all your butt busting. I'm not impressed.

Just curious as to how you are getting those junk mail... Have you been to any of those hack/bot/gold selling sites by any chance? A lot of you tend to know how a bot work as though if you are yourself operating a bot. Please do tell.

I say ban those guys who say they wanna bot in public as well. Ban 'em all.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Triphex
I'm trying to agree with you here! help me out. a g key and a mouse macro aren't too far apart.

A mouse macro moves your mouse to a specified location and clicks. (Yes, I know it doesn't work like this but all the same it's what WOULD happen if you clicked on something)

Now if you wanted to bind your "Q" key to a mouse button, you most certainly can. As long as you are not looping or using time delays (Recording a macro that performs multiple actions for use later) you should be fine.

When I asked, I was asking for something that says this officially so I don't have to argue it every other day. =P
great now clean my list of friend requests, i'm lazy to do that one too (i once let it accumulate to 20 it was hilarious)
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:17 PMPosted by vexorian

This is the reason Blues should just stop answering to threads.

*Blue replies to some thread*

- " Buah why won't blues reply to bot threads? Instead of thread I don't like?"

*Blue replies to bot thread* .

- " That's just lip service, still angry!"

Kids man. Spoiled kids. I am by no mean a blizz fan boy but, I know for a fact that no company would let their game sink due to hacks/bots. It's a day-to-day process getting rid of bots and blizz always known to go on a rampage when they do ban bots.

To all those who think that blizz doesn't care because they've made their money, well you are wrong. There is so many millions more to make. Mind you PVP hasn't even implemented yet.
Reply Quote
Bump agree
Public game is a joke, only play with personal friends now.
So much for 'multiplayer'
Edited by Contra#1729 on 11/20/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

Really? thats why dups lasted like 3 months, and spread in each continent, and just when it was in all 3 continents you did something?
or maybe bots who have been up from the bennining and now are ridiculously everywhere?
you should fire all your "Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams" because they arent busting anything, they are like turtles, thats what they are, and they do nothing like turtles.
And instead of posting this lie, you could please answer the razer/logitech/steelseries macro theme about mouse and keyboards, we have been asking clarification on that since last week.
Edited by Darion#1864 on 11/20/2012 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
First up why do bots exist?

1. Rmah - My CPU can do the tedious work of trying to find legs (0.0001% drop rate)
2. Paragon - My CPU can do the tedious lvling which is needed to attain Paragon 100
3. Game sucks - Botting is way more fun when 99.9% of items are vendor trash

Get rid of RMAH and Paragon lvling, have higher leg drop rates and itemization, throw in uber tristam instead of the current fail ubers and who knows, we might see a 80% decrease in bots, ie give players a reason to play/enjoy the game rather than a tedious lottery grind.
Reply Quote
not perma ban
Automation Programs ("Bots")
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.
If a player is found to have used such a program, they may:

Be temporarily suspended from the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]