Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

not perma ban
Automation Programs ("Bots")
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.
If a player is found to have used such a program, they may:

Be temporarily suspended from the game

What?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
not perma ban
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.

Be temporarily suspended from the game

What?

They're more specifically quoting this.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

• Be temporarily suspended from the game
  • Have further action taken, up to and including account closure

Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 11/20/2012 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Would be cool if they had a bot kill count or a board with all the permanent bans on botting players.
Reply Quote
I reported the same player for botting three times and theyre still playing.
I know for a fact hes botting because I know him IRL, hes no friend of mine however.
Blizzard has yet to even log him off.

I find it hard to believe Blizzard actually wants to ban botters. They sell things on the Real money and Gold AH, Blizzard gets a cut and either sells gold (I don't believe for a second you don't sell gold, im sorry but its way too easy to make money off of) or sell for real money, giving them an actual money cut of an item.
Botters make Blizzard the most money and we know ACTIVISION blizzard is all about the money.
A lifetime sub to a bot and a new copy of D3 can be paid off in under a week through the RMAH and is equivalent to having a part time job. This is of course made even easier when you have discounts on the game (guess who bought out an entire Toys R Us when they sold it for 10 dollars, I'll give you a hint, it wasnt the fans of Diablo)
I've said my piece, I remain woefully disgruntled as I watch people profit off of this game, both inside of it and outside of it.
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

Do you mean like you guys banned by friend's account for botting when he has never botted a day in his life?
Edited by Necrotic#1575 on 11/20/2012 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Because, he runs into bots all the time? fail. Bots run in private games not public games dche
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

This PR stunt isn't fooling anyone. Actions speak louder than words...
Reply Quote

no people wont get banned. i know ppl who are botting since months 24/7 and when they got banned once, they called the support and said "im banned but no clue why". few hours later they were unbanned and continued botting
Edited by darki#2812 on 11/20/2012 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
There needs to be a quick way to report players in game for being bots. Just got off a public game where the bot had logged over 1100 hours...not ok. Keep fighting the good fight but please make it easier for us to report the botters!
Reply Quote
Duping flourish because of inaction, they get rich and make the playing field uneven. did blizz ever gave us a hint on this issue? I don't think so > take time to read @mannercookie's thread.
Reply Quote
That's all find and dandy Lylirra..

But what you doing to these players who turn around and buy 5,10,15, or 20 more accounts and continue to do the same thing? The amount of money they make off botting is no skin off their back, for them to buy the additional accounts is nothing.

Consider it the cost of doing business. What steps are being taken to prevent people from buying more copies?
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't understand why they don't IP ban the botters as well when they do bot them.

Companies like Blizzard will not perform IP bans because the majority of residential ISP customers are assigned a dynamic IP address. Most ISP's have a finite lease time for that address where eventually, that specific IP address will be picked up by a different customer who might be a legitimate user of Blizzard's products, and would find themselves banned for no apparent reason. Furthermore, anyone who does not have a static IP can initiate an address change by sending a release/renew command to the DHCP server (in some cases, rebooting the cable modem/dsl router will also do the trick).

Considering the amount of customers Blizzard has, IP banning will create a larger customer service/support issue for them.
Reply Quote

This is a fact. I worked before as a GM in RF Online and you need to check an account 1 at a time. The reason we cant kick all cheaters all at once because its not realistically possible. Diablo 3 has millions and millions of accounts which is massive compared to our hundred thousand accounts. If you dont wanna get banned you should stay away from any kind of cheating. Coz once its your account's turn to get checked the anti-hack team can trace everything you did since its all saved in the database. You cannot edit the database coz its untouchable in any gaming company. If they see your doing something not humanely possible they will try to find out more and once documented you will get Permanent Ban. Keep up the good work Diablo 3 team and more power. xDD

Edit - P.S. If your cheating and your still not banned yet its because your account hasn't been investigated yet. xDD
Edited by KJELDORAN#1282 on 11/20/2012 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
The botting has already destroyed the economy, so if Blizzard ever does stop the bots completely the game is already ruined because of them.

They not only need to stop bots but they need to remove all items that have been duplicated. They also need to add "Hardcore" exclusive items in D3 to entice people to start playing HC, this would help balance out the economy if more people played HC and all duplicated items were removed.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Krine
This PR stunt isn't fooling anyone. Actions speak louder than words...

Good freaking lord, you people..

That's all find and dandy Lylirra..

But what you doing to these players who turn around and buy 5,10,15, or 20 more accounts and continue to do the same thing? The amount of money they make off botting is no skin off their back, for them to buy the additional accounts is nothing.

Consider it the cost of doing business. What steps are being taken to prevent people from buying more copies?

You clearly didn't read what she said.... or anyone else who's pretty much said exactly what she said.

It's virtually impossible to stop botters. They do what they can and that's all that they can do. You people expect way too much. I would love for some of you to go into a developer meeting and get owned hard on your complaints/suggestions.

The only thing they can do more is allow for a better complaint system for botters and hiring a LOT of people to investigate them one by one (which is what has to be done for each complaint). Outside of that, there is absolutely nothing they can do to stop botters.

I find it hard to believe Blizzard actually wants to ban botters. They sell things on the Real money and Gold AH, Blizzard gets a cut and either sells gold (I don't believe for a second you don't sell gold, im sorry but its way too easy to make money off of) or sell for real money, giving them an actual money cut of an item.
Botters make Blizzard the most money and we know ACTIVISION blizzard is all about the money.
A lifetime sub to a bot and a new copy of D3 can be paid off in under a week through the RMAH and is equivalent to having a part time job. This is of course made even easier when you have discounts on the game (guess who bought out an entire Toys R Us when they sold it for 10 dollars, I'll give you a hint, it wasnt the fans of Diablo)
I've said my piece, I remain woefully disgruntled as I watch people profit off of this game, both inside of it and outside of it.

For starters, people would be buying the same amount of stuff regardless of how many bots there are. It's not like the bots are buying the items. Legit players also keep 10 auctions going at a time. If people aren't buying from bots, they're buying from them.

That being said, why do you care who profits from the game? If that's what they choose to do, so be it. They're not harming you. Were you this disgruntled about D2, where people profited off the game for a decade? Everyone profits from everything. I profited from my FFXI character that I sold five years ago for $7,500.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 11:54 PMPosted by ExzoSSG
They also need to add "Hardcore" exclusive items in D3 to entice people to start playing HC, this would help balance out the economy if more people played HC and all duplicated items were removed.

Horrible idea. Why should hardcore get perks that softcore doesn't? I don't like to play hardcore myself because I don't like my work having a chance to be wiped due to circumstances out of my control.
Reply Quote
Anybody playing 24/7 should be flagged. Any characters idle / afk, just disconnect them after 30 minutes. Nobody plays 24/7 two weeks straight -- that is a bot period unless a bunch of people are playing the same account nonstop in shifts...
Reply Quote
Horrible idea. Why should hardcore get perks that softcore doesn't? I don't like to play hardcore myself because I don't like my work having a chance to be wiped due to circumstances out of my control.

So doing something to help fix the economy is a bad idea? I'm sure that if there was something that made HC a bit more rewarding to play it would get more people to play which in return would help with the overly saturated SC AH. Just because you don't like to play HC doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
Reply Quote
Botting should be treated like a virus.

Invest further resources into Warden and update your signature database to recognise these malware to prevent them from working.
Reply Quote

LIES! like i said in my other post, 100% of the bots we reported from me and my mates are not banned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]