Diablo® III

Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

So i switched from Calamity + DML (291 DEX/ 300 Vit / 18 AS/ 9 CC) to Calamity + Danettas Spite DW build (1080 / 9x CD/ 18x Dex/ Sock)

My mainstats:

DML Danettas
~ 2850 Dex ~ 2650 Dex
~ 60 Crit ~ 50 Crit
~ 430 Crit DMG ~ 630 Crit DMG

According to some guys Danettas should push the DPS by 5-20k. In my case - with really nice stats (imo) - i receive a 100 DPS "push", losing 11k HP and 12% DMG on mainattack.
*Note 100 DPS - not 100k*

So is DW worth it - nope. The calculators are correct.

With the "new" DML (great roll vs great roll Nettas) we gain ~ 10k HP losing 100 DPS and style...
Edited by Slaughtermom#2521 on 11/23/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I might try this sometime soon. Your DML would give me 16k+ HP and lose 8k+ DPS according to my calculator. Might partly because the dex diff for me would be around 90, not 200.
Reply Quote
was a mistake - im only losing 110 Dex

Added screenshot:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/326/c/2/wdawaddaw_by_slaughtermom-d5lu6sx.jpg
Edited by Slaughtermom#2521 on 11/21/2012 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
are you selling your quiver?
Reply Quote
hmm maybe true but in my case, a 900-950 dps danetta is around 16k dps stronger than a 200 dex/200vit DML... i guess this may have something to do as well with your other gears....

also, for nightstalker/bitter pill/echo blast builds such as mine, DML the 200%CD from danetta spite helps a lot in boosting the traps dmg... aspd is not so much important for me as i can already perma gloom...

it actually depends also to your gamestyle..
Reply Quote
The reason why you didnt get a big dps increase is because of the significant difference in base dmg between your calamity and spite.

Calamity base dmg: 462-1020
Spite base dmg: 429-909

You alternate shots, so every time you fire the spite, you're doing less base dmg. You will need an 1100+ dps spite to match your calamity. The calamity's ias isn't a factor.

Under 1300 dps calamity is the sweet spot for pairing with a spite. Once you get into the 1300 dps range its hard to find a matching spite that can outperform a 300 dex 9 crit dml by a good margin to be worth the additional cost.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 11/21/2012 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
for me the problem with dual wielding is losing 10% crit
I dont see any amount of stats that can make up for that. best 1h combo will always be calamity +DML imho

o/
Reply Quote
I have been using DML with Calamity more often than not. Faster equals more damage and more chances for crits (and stun procs/night stalker procs). More HP, hatred...Can't argue with it. Though my Spite is solid at about 1090 dps with 180+ dex, 92 innate CD plus 100 from gem puts CD at 660 or something. Even with CC at 68% up to 74% the return isn't there. It shows up only if I allow for lolSS... With SS/SA, dps is around 550k, just over 300k with archery only. Paper dps never got me anywhere though.
Reply Quote
for me the problem with dual wielding is losing 10% crit
I dont see any amount of stats that can make up for that. best 1h combo will always be calamity +DML imho

o/

yeah DW needs to be buffed..
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 11/21/2012 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
So is it true that if we get a 1300dps calamity, we should use DML? If our calamity is below 1300dps then we should duel weld?

I always have this question
should I get a 250 drx 250 vit 9% cc 20% as DML now? My calamity is just 1090 dps, 80% crit + soc
Reply Quote
So is it true that if we get a 1300dps calamity, we should use DML? If our calamity is below 1300dps then we should duel weld?

I always have this question
should I get a 250 drx 250 vit 9% cc 20% as DML now? My calamity is just 1090 dps, 80% crit + soc

No, at all times, 1-h + DML is better than DW. eHP plays important role too. 10% Critical chance / 5% Atk spd / discipline / hatred / vitality is too much to sacrifice for either one just to have 100% more crit damage.
If you want to have high crit dmg, go with manticore, DW is imo is always about fast attack speed and crit chance ability like nightstalker.

I bought a 30m spite but end up using my 1m DML.
Reply Quote
My Calamity, 1234.2 dps 175% cri dmg
The dps calculator showed that i got 194k dps with a DML 10% cc 20% att sp and 200 dex, with Danetta's spite i got 206.8k dps (check my profile for the details).
Reply Quote
The dps calculator showed that i got 194k dps with a DML 10% cc 20% att sp and 200 dex, with Danetta's spite i got 206.8k dps (check my profile for the details).

I don't know if i should be happy or not. I have a spite in stash, and from your case scenario, I'll need to upgrade my calamity again =/

I think the reason is probably u have high crit from your other gears already that can take advantage of the high crit dmg, but from the difference above, you basically gain 12k dps at the expense of 10% crit chance for nightstalker and vitality. Not to forget your spite cost allot more than DML.
Reply Quote

I don't know if i should be happy or not. I have a spite in stash, and from your case scenario, I'll need to upgrade my calamity again =/

I think the reason is probably u have high crit from your other gears already that can take advantage of the high crit dmg, but from the difference above, you basically gain 12k dps at the expense of 10% crit chance for nightstalker and vitality. Not to forget your spite cost allot more than DML.

Hmmm.... Im a legacy nats user, tats y i can skip passive skills like vengeance or nightstalker.. Vit yes, i scarified around 200 vit just for dual wielding coz im really bored of Manticore. Though Manticore+DML definitely will give me better stats and dps, but i prefer the play style of dual wielding.

Spite i won an auction with around 45m last time lol
Reply Quote

Hmmm.... Im a legacy nats user, tats y i can skip passive skills like vengeance or nightstalker.. Vit yes, i scarified around 200 vit just for dual wielding coz im really bored of Manticore. Though Manticore+DML definitely will give me better stats and dps, but i prefer the play style of dual wielding.

Oh, you just dashed my hope of having to play nicely DW =*(
How I regret not buying nat legacy

I'm tired of seeing ppl with Manticore, all of my dh friend using manticore + dml, so creative that I want to DW. The DML make me regret my choices again, at least calamity is cool.
Edited by HachiKumo#6695 on 11/22/2012 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still you lose APS over the DML and speed's the only real reason to even use a 1hand Xbow :/
Reply Quote

Oh, you just dashed my hope of having to play nicely DW =*(
How I regret not buying nat legacy

I'm tried of seeing ppl with Manticore, all of my dh friend using manticore + dml, so creative that I want to DW. The DML make me regret my choices again, at least calamity is cool.

If u dont have much gold, i would suggest u go for manticore+ DML coz it really will help u to boost ur stats and dps with the same amount of gold.

11/22/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Slaughtermom
Still you lose APS over the DML and speed's the only real reason to even use a 1hand Xbow :/

I gained DPS over DML with my spite, maybe because of my Calamity is not as good as urs?
Reply Quote
For now, I'm dual wielding, but due to the nature of my goal in my experiment, i'll be FORCED to get DML with 20% IAS and 10% Crit chance >_< haha.

Still, I'm madly in loved with DW-ing.
Reply Quote
Dual wield needs a serious buff.

Something like 20%ias and 5% crit just for using 2 x 1h

Or:

Allow to wear a quiver. The quiver is in the character graphics anyway, and we still shoot arrows!
Reply Quote
Dual wield needs a serious buff.

Something like 20%ias and 5% crit just for using 2 x 1h

Or:

Allow to wear a quiver. The quiver is in the character graphics anyway, and we still shoot arrows!

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]