Diablo® III

Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

How about just letting dual wield stack with archery, effectively giving up +20% crit chance??
Reply Quote
Bump.

Have been hovering around the 200k dps mark (with archery) for ages with no foreseeable/affordable way to bump dps any higher without seriously gimping survivability.

All the DHs (fairly) complaining about the TDPS issue, spare a thought for us dualwielders, we have it even worse!
Reply Quote
Bump.

Have been hovering around the 200k dps mark (with archery) for ages with no foreseeable/affordable way to bump dps any higher without seriously gimping survivability.

All the DHs (fairly) complaining about the TDPS issue, spare a thought for us dualwielders, we have it even worse!

You can craft a pair of bracers and get a quick upgrade in 5 minutes. Your strongarms aren't even good strongarms, so definitely craft an upgrade.

Also, a good Nat's sight would be a nice upgrade as well considering you get a free 125 dex out of it and 6% crit >>> attack speed for dual wielding.
Edited by Seeyle#1735 on 4/23/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Seeyle

Nat's sight doesn't help, the costs and the dps v EHP tradeoff just isn't worth it.

- One with 70 AR and 4.5 crit chance costs way over 100m and gives me 2k DPS at the cost of 30k EHP
- One with 150 dex (so 280 with set bonus) and 5.5 crit chance costs 100m and gives me 8k dps at the cost of 50k EHP

Much better to save up the several hundred million for a crit mempo or good calamity (which I've been trying to do but am a long way away from).

As for my bracers, that's the obvious upgrade and exactly what I've been crafting recently - just haven't had any luck with the rolls yet (I've crafted quite a few epic fail ones).
Reply Quote
Check a dps calc and see what kind of dps some rubies would give you.
Reply Quote
@Roliel rubies are useless for Dual Wielding as they only effect the bow that the ruby is in while having 2 emeralds in will stack the crit damage, hence the reason you will see very few Dual Wielders have a ruby socketed in.
Reply Quote
bob778 is correct, I thoroughly investigated this just last week, as I had the funds to make a second marquis and wanted to spend it wisely. I used both my own spread sheet and D3up, and the results were a net DPS loss of around 10 K when using rubies.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 4/24/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think some one should write up a new topic, listing all the possible "fix" for dual-wielding. And this time don't include in the title "Blizzard". I have see a lot of repeated ideas, the worst one being add +10 cc to Archery for holding 2 hand crossbow.

Right now the problem with dual-wield is not the style it's the items we have. If you only have rare to use, you will not get a dml with +20% as, and 10% cc = 100% cd. No Manticore = no double socket 2hand. Dual gain 100% cd for the lose of more vit and/or dex.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I anticipate that 1.08 will introduce a new hand xbow set, or a legendary one that gives, among other things, 0.25 Attacks Per Second like an Echoing Fury does when put in the off-hand (main hand gets the APS bonus too).
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 5/14/2013 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
sometime i wonder why i still dw
but i guess looking badass is just too good >_>
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 11:02 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
I anticipate that 1.08 will introduce a new hand xbow set, or a legendary one that gives, among other things, 0.25 Attacks Per Second like an Echoing Fury does when put in the off-hand (main hand gets the APS bonus too).

I hope you are right!
Reply Quote
Bump Bump!

I still want my Nats slayer that has a chance to proc Rain of Vengeance! :O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]