Diablo® III

Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

Dual wield needs a serious buff.

Something like 20%ias and 5% crit just for using 2 x 1h

Or:

Allow to wear a quiver. The quiver is in the character graphics anyway, and we still shoot arrows!

Being able to use the quiver would make DW overpowered. I think another 100 CD and 10 max disc would be appropriate
Reply Quote
Or at least some reasonable Offhand. Danettas would be just fine with additional 200-300 DPS.

But yes Archery or Dualwield itsself need some serious work
Reply Quote
or ignore dps for off-hand, we'll have a usable Natalya slayer at this point.

Abit unfair for those who already bought the high end handbow though. This is the 'drawback' I willing to take though.
Reply Quote
So we can switch our offhand for way better build variety?

I actually really like this idea!

PS: Dualwielders join us to get a bluepost ;)
Reply Quote
I'm with you guys on this.
Either we increase the raw dmg of the off hand, or leave out the dps in all.
We definitely need improvement.
Reply Quote
View profile
A small DW buff would be good
Reply Quote
where is your DH? you only have WD
Reply Quote
Yeah, DW sux even though I am still sticking with it just because I used it since lvl 1 and liked the way it looked and the attk spd boost was significant at lower levels when DML did not exist. I think I have pretty good gears for a Danetta's set user but I am still way below on the rank of paper dps n eHP. Losing the vit alone in the DML is a big difference since the dps is about a wash. They should at least give us an eHP boost of sorts.

Maybe Perfectionist for free if you DW since you have to be perfect to use both hands!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/vondoe-1938/vondoe/25362343

(note my profile has my exp gear, diabloprogress has my normal gear)
Reply Quote
I use Manticore and Deadman's for MP 8-10 bosses or MP5 above farming. Then I use dual wielding Danetta set for farming MP1-3, it's fast, effective and there are no survivual issues. I particularly like the design of the Danetta set with 1 red and 1 blue indicating hatred and discipline.:-)
Reply Quote
Do a search for the top calamity's in the world. Not one of em is used as for DW. It is either no equipped or 1H + DML. That tells u much about the feasibility of DW.
Reply Quote
Works fine for me:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D3MON-2220/hero/2018925

DW calamity and danettas with 200k unbuffed dps
Reply Quote
I have 200k unbuffed dps as well without a danetta's set but the question is... can you get to 300k-400k or 499k (#1 in the world) dps like the SW users can? ;)
Reply Quote
Personally i dont think i'd want to. Id be happy in the top 100, and i'm certain DW could get up to 300k dps unbuffed without much trouble. 135x calamity with 200crit and danettas 109x with 200 crit.

I dont think i could bare the slow asz shooting of manticore..
Reply Quote
well first you arent DW if you are using a quiver. I'm dw while i have my scoundrel out I'm at 307k dmg so yea you can get quite of bit dmg while dw'ing but a quiver will not out dmg a decent spite yes it will give you more hp but besides that spite will always win
Reply Quote
Make an additional effect of Archery that is specifically for Dual Wielding.. heck even using a 1hand non-bow weapon + shield on that matter.

It WILL, and SURELY WILL, add more DIVERSITY in this game.
Reply Quote
The problem with dual wield is actually not a problem with dual wield. It's more to do with the fact that the DML exists and the manticore exists. The DML with 20% IAS and 10% crit and a manticore that can have 2 sockets more than outshines any and all combos possible for dual wield.

Either make the calamity not unique bound so you can dual wield those and provide a 2 piece bonus to that, or upgrade the heck out of dannetta's revenge on the actual as well as the 2 piece bonus. Give danetta's revenge crit and make the bonus 6% life steal and I would LOVE to use that set.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 05:22 AMPosted by BoyNamedGoo
where is your DH? you only have WD

on europe...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Slaughtermom-2521/

11/23/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Kalms
well first you arent DW if you are using a quiver. I'm dw while i have my scoundrel out I'm at 307k dmg so yea you can get quite of bit dmg while dw'ing but a quiver will not out dmg a decent spite yes it will give you more hp but besides that spite will always win

It will, as soon as you try to reach the limit. Using a 11xx Calamity doenst even get you close to that - sorry.
Real endgame -> DML > Dualwield

Im @ 205k unbuffed with nats legacy and am losing alot (20k DPS / 12k HP) without archery - gaining 90(!!!!)DPS over DML with archery. Still losin 12k hp ofc.

Dualwield shouldnt be that far away from a slow*** manticore and i really like the idea HachiKumo came up with.

Dualwield for everyone - the heavy hitters (Danettas for trap/bomb build) or speed freaks (give us some echoing fury equivalent)

They talk about build variety and stuff and all we can - sorry MUST use - is a maxed out DML no matter what.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
or ignore dps for off-hand.

I'm not a fan of stat sticks, that type of game design

would rather see Nats slayer/dawn/revenge get slight buffs
&
Dual wielding on the DH can gain an additional class bonus of +.10 APS, that will adjust for the DML without having to nerf it

it could be apart of archery 10%cc & +.1 aps when dual wielding
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/23/2012 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Korba
or ignore dps for off-hand.

I'm not a fan of stat sticks, that type of game design

would rather see Nats slayer/dawn/revenge get slight buffs
&
Dual wielding on the DH can gain an additional class bonus of +.10 APS, that will adjust for the DML without having to nerf it

it could be apart of archery 10%cc & +.1 aps when dual wielding

I disagree, that would just kill sw. DW needs a different type of buff that makes dw option interesting. Like 10 masc disc, or additional crit damage. Or maybe additional dex..
Reply Quote

I disagree, that would just kill sw. DW needs a different type of buff that makes dw option interesting. Like 10 masc disc, or additional crit damage. Or maybe additional dex..

Would rather have like 6% life steal. Something survivability instead of damage related.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]