Diablo® III

Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

This would be cool... Remove the speed bonus for dualwield but allow both bows to fire at the same time for arrow skills only.....so imagine 2 hungering arrows at the same time
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Slaughtermom
Keep em coming! We need way more posts and supporters if we want to achieve anything ;)

^Indeed we do.

The more I think about, the more I think this whole issue could be solved by simply letting us socket items via Shen. This would prevent any new imbalances to be introduced into the game, because let's not forget, barbs and monks also dual with the exact same benefits us DHs get. Adding a socket mechanic to the game would be a huge boon to those classes as well as us.
Reply Quote
This would be cool... Remove the speed bonus for dualwield but allow both bows to fire at the same time for arrow skills only.....so imagine 2 hungering arrows at the same time

While this does sound fun, and was okay in TL2, there are just too many skills where it wouldn't work, my grenades/strafe build for example, thus forcing DWers into the few specific builds that would benefit from this aspect of DWing. This would effectively reduce build diversity within the DW spec.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 07:17 AMPosted by RedCell

While this does sound fun, and was okay in TL2

I think it would be just fine

it would "double shot" 6 grenades,
toss out another 2 bouncy demolition grenades
fire an additional rocket
the sentry and pets could proc a double strike
spike trap could just drop an additional trap right on top of the other(s).
double LFB.. or cluster grenades
double shot multi shot,
FoK,
RoV
it all works, it is a SICK proc though to see some of these skills trigger twice in a row

however 100%??? it would be an INSANE buff
a 10% chance for a double shot is pretty significant...just take the paper DPS and x1.1, that's how it will function
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/3/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:22 AMPosted by zoid

^Heh, I like the sound of that. :)

Keep the posts coming. We need more DHs to comment on this issue so Blizzard takes notice.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 12/3/2012 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/03/2012 01:30 PMPosted by RedCell

^Heh, I like the sound of that. :)

Keep the posts coming. We need more DHs to comment on this issue so Blizzard takes notice.

yeah we do
Reply Quote
I think should gives a base hatred regeneration of like 3 seconds for dual wielding hbow is much more fair.
A 5% critical chance when dual wielding, since majority will just use calamity + dml for the 10% crit archery.
Reply Quote
You guys are crazy dual wielding isn't close to dead, check out Revrac's stream, he's dual wielding at least a Mastercard and a Visa.
Reply Quote
Hi jellybones! how are u? did not respond to my previous greeting =( Still playing pubs for ur epreen boost?
Edited by AuJo#6730 on 12/5/2012 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by AuJo
Hi jellybones! how are u? did not respond to my previous greeting =( Still playing pubs for ur epreen boost?

Ahh hurro rong time no see. I no pray pubric games. Monstah powrah onry zero. I at reast able to kill monstah powrah much higher. Still vewy vewy smart comment felwa. I rove it when you act so cool.
Reply Quote

Ahh hurro rong time no see. I no pray pubric games. Monstah powrah onry zero. I at reast able to kill monstah powrah much higher. Still vewy vewy smart comment felwa. I rove it when you act so cool.

ur engrish sibei power. wrish me cud rearn frm u. i rove it wren u behave rike ur trueself of a retard.
Reply Quote
Dps involvement for off-hand weapon aka statstick is good for the game because all the worthless weapon and set gained usage. It's much simpler to implement than 'releasing' new improved worthless gears.

I heard from the barb forum that stat stick still works, not sure though, but I really much wanted other classes to be able to utilize some form of stats stick as part of gearing strategy.
Not so much loves for wiz or wd though, let them equip quiver please!!!!! Dex and hatred regen is useless for them, but at least they won't fall behind so much when using bow/xbow.

I don't agree with disc regen bonus for dw since intention of DW is to deal damage as fast as possible, and disc is meant for defense. Since we're already sacrificing vitality from DML, adding them back to DW is like cheap way of fixing thing.

Hatred regeneration 'in archery perhaps' when DW is suggested, due to the fact that more damage can be done faster via hatred spender. A important factor in which players usually miss out.
Reply Quote
What about changing archery to give more dmg AND better resrouce regen to DW, something like this:-

Crossbows: +50%CC, +1 hatred/sec

Bows: +15% Dmg, +0.5 disc/sec

1h Crossbows: +10% CC, +1 hatred/sec & +0.5 disc/sec

2x 1h Crossbows: +15% CC, +1.5 hatred/sec & 0.75 disc/sec

Might leave bows too weak though as the windforce isn't as good as the manticore
Reply Quote
What about changing archery to give more dmg AND better resrouce regen to DW

Might leave bows too weak though as the windforce isn't as good as the manticore

Indeed, windforce is weaker when compared to manticore, but thats in terms of damage. WF still have utility and can equip DML. 1-h can equip DML too, which the problem stated in this thread is DW can never use DML.

By buffing the overall, most commonly used passive will make other classes eyesore for buffs.
Since we're only dealing with the shortfall of DWing, we shouldn't ask for more buffs.

Even though I would loves to have buff for all the classes. Thinking from the standpoint of blizzard, we'll get the DW fixed by dunno how many years if buffs were included.
Reply Quote
Well the easy way to fix this problem is to introduce a DW handbow set that offers set bonus that balances out dml.

Every other suggestion is too extreme because no other class has buffs specific to dw
Reply Quote
Well the easy way to fix this problem is to introduce a DW handbow set that offers set bonus that balances out dml.

Every other suggestion is too extreme because no other class has buffs specific to dw

This is what I was thinking. Heck it doesn't even need to be part of a set, if there was another hand crossbow nearly as good as a Calamity I think a lot more people would DW.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 12/7/2012 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

This is what I was thinking. Heck it doesn't even need to be part of a set, if there was another hand crossbow nearly as good as a Calamity I think a lot more people would DW.

still no reason Nats slayer and revenge should remain ugly stepchild
they botched itemization on those two ilvl 63's

Revenge - 900 LoH vs 100% crit_damage when we have shadowPower/Deathtoll/bounty hunter/NT along with hidden coefficients is simply not equivalent

slayers- ooh 1% crit mixed with horrible cold damage...no real point in weaker cold when more than 1/2 our skills convert it anyway. Cull the weak can't make up for it
Edited by zoid#1554 on 2/23/2013 1:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

The key issue here is to balance against what is available on dml. You can't put the mods on the handbow itself otherwise people will just SW with dml. The balancing has to be done on the set bonus to force DW. Perhaps if there was a range of handbows... like maybe 4 that are part of a set that you can mix and match and have different set bonus depending on which 2 you pick to dw. That would make things pretty interesting.
Reply Quote

The key issue here is to balance against what is available on dml. You can't put the mods on the handbow itself otherwise people will just SW with dml. The balancing has to be done on the set bonus to force DW. Perhaps if there was a range of handbows... like maybe 4 that are part of a set that you can mix and match and have different set bonus depending on which 2 you pick to dw. That would make things pretty interesting.

I see what your saying. Didn't think of it like that.
Reply Quote
View profile
Not my idea. Read this somewhere:
Archery grants 10% Crit Chance PER Hand Crossbow.

Blizzard dev team, pretty please make this happen?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]