Diablo® III

Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

Uber 1 was SK & MAGHDA which took 8min 50 sec (eDPS = 480k per sec)

On that note, how do you measure your effective DPS?

monsters total health / seconds = eDPS

you are better off benchmarking vs ghom/Rak as = 500k eDPS (mostly stationary with both getting hit) if you can hit that benchmark = your build does it

while the others are lower meaning other variables are at play

so 500k vs sheet dps of 220 means approx 220% output

oh also
03/03/2013 03:49 PMPosted by bob778
One of my main goals for my DH was to solo MP10 UBERS.

congrats'; I don't think I have it in me to try to pull it off, but I also know with 1.07 ruby came the death of my DW experience

so now that you have heeded this challenge , are you going to continue playing DW? or put a marq ruby into the calamity and get a fair DML?
Edited by zoid#1554 on 3/4/2013 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is thread with suggestions for the new patch in which Lylirra answered and seems to be watching, I posted something about our problem there, if you guys would like to upvote it...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8156835610?page=17#330
Reply Quote
bump... i want that Nats Slayer with a Rain of Vengeance proc! :D lol
Reply Quote
Well ive moved most of my gear over to my Monk now and will mostly be playing her until some buffs come to Dual Wielding Demon Hunters. Here's to hoping that it will get better for us Demon Hunters before the 2nd expansion pack comes along, if at all :(
Reply Quote
It really depends on on your gear. I hit a ceiling with my DW... I switched up some items and was able to jump about 40k dps by switching to DML along with Witching and Zuni boots. It really boils down to your gear. With DW you really are dependent on CD along with CC since you dont have the raw damage numbers of a Manti. WIth DML it opens the door because you gain EHP 5% more IAS and the 10CC. I was on the DW bandwagon for a while... but I ran some numbers and the DML came out on top. Really if you are just comparing DML to Danetta the danetta will look more appealing to most people because not everyone can drop 100m on a ruby plus 100m+ on a Witching and another 150+ on a good nats ring.

I jumped from 230k dps to 270. Current gear is for MF runs. I could even go into the 300k range pretty easy if I was willing to switch out some items and sacrifice about 6k hp and 60AR but i wont do it.
Edited by Vici#1618 on 3/9/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
DML killed DW since 1.04 patch.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I've seen DW people with 300k DPS. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to stick to the Danetta set I have. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix my DPS? Preferably without spending too much money.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Nianque
I've seen DW people with 300k DPS. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to stick to the Danetta set I have. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix my DPS? Preferably without spending too much money.

Hitting 300k DPS isn't the problem that easy lol the problem is your sacrificing other stats to get there like an extra 10% Crit Chance potential 5% attack speed and huge vitality not to mention our skill % damage bonus. Not using a quiver gimps you in every way except the cool aesthetics factor lol
Reply Quote
So, I am a dual wielder since the beginning. I was always disappointed that in this game you NEED to use a Manticore and a DML and pursue CC/CD/IAS. I decided I would not. After a lot of learning and testing, I managed to achieve over 900k effective DPS (eDPS). Don't get me wrong, as bob778 already said, I'd probably do better with a DML, I still think dual wield is flawed. I just decided to go against it and achieved something I am pleased with. I posted it here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196653171
Reply Quote
Well done MarcusSC2Br succeeding in-spite of the system. With the next leg buff coming up we might be able to run a greater variety of builds. Oh how i hope some of the DH gear from the lower levels gets buffed, you might be able to run one of those Beckon Sail cloaks instead of wiz gear.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 02:40 AMPosted by bob778
Well done MarcusSC2Br succeeding in-spite of the system. With the next leg buff coming up we might be able to run a greater variety of builds. Oh how i hope some of the DH gear from the lower levels gets buffed, you might be able to run one of those Beckon Sail cloaks instead of wiz gear.

Holy crap, you are so right! I'd love a level 63 Beckon Sail! Perhaps even the Asheara's set will be buffed? If so, perhaps her boots (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-lock) could be better than my Zunimassa's.
Reply Quote
About patch 1.0.8, anyone seeing some hope for us? I've been looking at the low level 1 hand xbows (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/hand-crossbow/#type=legendary). Do you think any of those has potential to be great at iLevel 63?
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 12:21 PMPosted by MarcusSC2Br
About patch 1.0.8, anyone seeing some hope for us? I've been looking at the low level 1 hand xbows (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/hand-crossbow/#type=legendary). Do you think any of those has potential to be great at iLevel 63?

i posted about how the best companion for the calamity will be a nice rolled Balefire caster 1hander, it auto rolls dex, and attack speed thus bringing it up to the speed of a calamity and has two random rolls so the best being either socket cri dmg or socket LS.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/21/2013 02:11 PMPosted by METATRON

i posted about how the best companion for the calamity will be a nice rolled Balefire caster 1hander, it auto rolls dex, and attack speed thus bringing it up to the speed of a calamity and has two random rolls so the best being either socket cri dmg or socket LS.

Yeah it does look very powerful if rolled right.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 02:11 PMPosted by METATRON

Cool! Does anyone have one? Is it too ugly? LoL! I'd be so happy using the Danetta's set, but they can't roll IAS and socket :-(
Reply Quote
I love Danetta's. I have as much as if not more dexterity than any other setup I've seen coming from my weapon slots. I've got about 500 dexterity between the two slots which in my opinion makes up for the lack of a DML. I suppose my vitality is a bit lacking but meh. I'm trying a tank build anyways. Its been working pretty well so far but I need more resistance. Also can't decide between Lacuni's and Strongarm. What would you all recommend for a DW tank? The other thing I've been using is Inna's belt for the same reason as Danetta's set. Also because both of Danetta's are black weapon I've got pretty much the same dps as a Witching Hour (I think).

Hmm I need to upgrade one of my rings and my amulet though. (both rings if Nat crit wasn't so expensive.)
Reply Quote
Hey dual wielder friend!

In my opinion the main prob with dual wield is the huge spread in terms of dps with a 2 hand. We CAN sacrified vitality but it HAS to be offset by higher dps (crit chance bonus, range damage increase on left hand, ddc bonus?). I calculated that I could reach 350-370k unbuff (400-420k with archery) when a manti user could have 550-570k UNBUFF!

However I Will Never swap the dual wield style for the clone style (manti users...) but some attention could be appreciated.

By the way I got 310k unbuff (357k with archery) and mp10 capable with my current build. Other high dps dual wielder here to support the best play style?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Lyxor-2803/hero/706226
Edited by Lyxor#2803 on 3/21/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think archery just needs to be fixed, then I'd go back to dual wielding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]