Diablo® III

BattleTag is next-to Impossible to type

(If anyone reads this: to make the story short, do you think you could type my name in Diablo 3, without having to look up how to type ø & é, or not copy & pasting my BattleTag?)

I've contacted blizzard support & they told me to post in this section to see if feedback got to the devs. to see if they do one more free wave change for BattleTags, or if they add a pay to change BattleTag option.
either one is fine to me, as I just need to make my BattleTag more user friendly.

I would have brought this problem up sooner, but I haven't been playing much lately & been out of the country for quite some time, with the occasionally login, here & there when I'm back in the states, but now that I'm back & playing Diablo III again, I hope to get this fixed.

So when I first made my battletag, I wasn't sure what it was used for, I just needed it to play D3Beta. When the free name change option came out, I was planning on changing it to something, but while I was thinking about it, my friend had got on my computer & changed it while I was getting food out of the kitchen. (He changed it as a joke he said, but thought I would be able to change it)
I know that this was my fault, but I just want it so I can change this terrible BattleTag.

If I want to have another user add me, & I have not played with them prior to adding me, I have to login on the site & then copy & paste my BattleTag. Then tell them, copy & paste that in-game to add me. Or if one of my friends friends, are looking to play with a barb or dh for example & I'm on, they have to ask me in-game how to type my name & all i can say is "you have to copy & paste this, as I don't know how to type it"

If I have the ability to add someone with an easy name, I do. But I can't always add people, sometimes they don't know there BattleTag when I'm talking to them, so they say they'll add me later, but when it comes to people adding me, this is a huge annoyance.
The huge problem with this name is, people can not type it unless they know the alt+numpad combo for the "ø & é".

So thanks for reading & I hope something is able to be done about this~
-Kami
Reply Quote
Solution: Choose a battle tag without the special characters...

Quit crying when you know the solution.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MrLøvély,

Every user is allowed one chance to change their BattleTag. If you've used your one chance already, you can't change it again.
Reply Quote
MrLøvély,
Every user is allowed one chance to change their BattleTag. If you've used your one chance already, you can't change it again.

Yes, I understand that we only get 1 free tag change.
I don't understand why the 2 agents that I talked to, both told me to post it in the forums.
If I cant get it changed I know I have to stick with it, I'm just trying to see if I have any other options available.
& Thanks for the quick reply.
Reply Quote
I am a little surprised there is no paid name change service available.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
MrLøvély,

I don't understand why the 2 agents that I talked to, both told me to post it in the forums.
If I cant get it changed I know I have to stick with it, I'm just trying to see if I have any other options available.

Alt code for ø = Alt+0248
Alt code for é = Alt+0233

Not sure if you knew this already, but perhaps that'd be easier to tell people.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Kiefin
I am a little surprised there is no paid name change service available.

That's what I'm surprised about :D
I bet blizzard would make some decent money off of it.
(as I know personally about 20-30 people who would pay to get the BattleTag changed)

Alt code for ø = Alt+0248
Alt code for é = Alt+0233
Not sure if you knew this already, but perhaps that'd be easier to tell people.

Thanks!
I do know what the code is, because I had to look it up after my name was changed to it.
I have gave it to a few people, some don't know how to use alt+numpad (surprisingly)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]