Diablo® III

All WD Players Fooled By Blizzard!Buff? Joke!

Actually WD's have been steadily nerfed since day one

Bears proc LOH -nerfed ( would be OP if not)
VQ 300% mana -nerfed
pet proc rates for LOH and CC - nerfed

I would happily go back to V 1.0

Acid+bears
VQ for 300% mana
all pets freeze+stun+LOH

I would love to be playing that way again!
Reply Quote
WD is the only class which has never been buffed from the game start.

They buffed base mana regen from 20mps to 45 mps.

Thats a pretty huge buff.

They made pets essentially un-killable if you gear properly.

Your argument should say
"WD's are the class that has had the FEWEST changes since launch"

That doesnt mean we are broken, it could mean we are the baseline.
Of course, i personally dont agree with that for a second, because if it was true, WW barb/CM wiz would have been nerfed by now.

Truthfully I think the WD is simply the Warlock / Hunter of D3.
If you played either in wow you would know what i mean.

I was a Warlock on release, and they were a great solo class, but were no where near balanced in PVP. PVP of course, mattered when you play on a pvp server.

The only reason i can think of this happening is because the devs, have their own favorite characters, and tend to focus on fixing them because they play them more often. Warlocks were a very low played class on release and im sure thats why they didnt get the attention.

OR it could simply be because lower player base means less people unhappy.

IE if 35% of the playerbase plays barbs and 15% plays WDs, who would you focus on first if you had to assign time. The answer is easy. Pick the one that effects the most people unless WDs are somehow breaking the game and require fixing.
Reply Quote
WD is far stronger than they were before. Pets were absolutely worthless until 1.0.4. Our original mana regen was underpowered and VQ was blatantly broken in it's old version. Additionally, a few moves have received really nice dmg buffs and Acid Cloud is much stronger than previously. Trust me, we have far more build options than say, a DH or Monk, as someone else mentioned.

The people who say we need Mana on Crit are asking too much. That would completely break our entire resource regulation system. Hell, with that in place, you probably wouldn't need to use ANY (maybe one...) of the three primary mana return passives: SA, BR, and VQ. You would just have wds running JF, BM, and some other random passive tanking as well as monks with life steal on their weapons and their mana bar would barely budge. Bears are not meant to be this massive damage attack that you can simply spam until the end of the time - you're supposed to use other moves as well. That's what Blizz wants: Build Diversity (rightfully so).

Yes, several runes need buffs. There will be new changes and steady improvements with each patch, just as there have been these last two. Be patient. The only real enemy of the Bear doctor atm honestly is reflect dmg - and come on guys. SOMETHING has to be our kryptonite. And RD is even mitigated nicely either with Skorn or by simply swapping out one of your mana passives for JF. That passive combined with a Litany ring is great for helping out. Try it some time. And keep it positive. WD = most diverse and fun class in the game. No regrets here.

Edit: I would, however, love for Blizz to implement a weapon swap button like d2 had. Would be so nice to just click W and swap to my Skorn instantly whenever I hit a RD mob.

Edit 2: Columbus, you must be trolling. Your gear isn't even close to MP5 quality. Don't make such brash statements.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 11/28/2012 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
HOGWASH!!! All honesty what i meant by that is that its ridiculous to maintain mana while using bears. And if your disagreeing with me an your gear is worth over 500m then you should reread the original post by ddfans
Reply Quote
Digitalmn*** Idk here i gy ddfans from
Reply Quote
@OP

If you had played WD from the start through all the patches, you will know that we have been buffed.

I have done such.

NO WE HAVE NO BEEN BUFFED BRO.

AC/Bear still the best (ok so zd cd build now viable). Nothing has changed as they took away our best mana regen ability (old VQ) and gave us a bit more mana regen in the process (which still isnt enough to compare to other classes at higher MP's).

you are wrong, sorry.

when i dont have to worry about what spell i use being the end all/be all of my dmg then we have been buffed.

cause any spell YOU WANT to use, isnt anywhere near as good as the aforementioned options, including SB (which was the closest thing to a 'buff', wd's got.)

i expected some more buffs in 1.0.6 but blizz just cannot seem to get anything right.

Barbs are totally overpowered and have been so FOR MONTHS, its actually a complete joke at this point that they can even use the word 'balance' at all since they have no f'ing clue what that actually means.
Reply Quote
JESUS CHRIST forget i said nethin. Idk how to edit these effin posts wit an iphone
Reply Quote
@OP

If you had played WD from the start through all the patches, you will know that we have been buffed.

I have done such.

NO WE HAVE NO BEEN BUFFED BRO.

AC/Bear still the best (ok so zd cd build now viable). Nothing has changed as they took away our best mana regen ability (old VQ) and gave us a bit more mana regen in the process (which still isnt enough to compare to other classes at higher MP's).

you are wrong, sorry.

when i dont have to worry about what spell i use being the end all/be all of my dmg then we have been buffed.

cause any spell YOU WANT to use, isnt anywhere near as good as the aforementioned options, including SB (which was the closest thing to a 'buff', wd's got.)

i expected some more buffs in 1.0.6 but blizz just cannot seem to get anything right.

Barbs are totally overpowered and have been so FOR MONTHS, its actually a complete joke at this point that they can even use the word 'balance' at all since they have no f'ing clue what that actually means.

Is the 200k+ dps Acid Cloud/Firebat build not working out for you Sayga? -_-
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 11/28/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you can't figure out that WD got a huge buff, then I'm sorry for you. WD are NOT the most powerful class, but previously it was darn near unplayable. At least we have a build that can go toe-to-toe with all the others. If you played a WD early on, you knew that it was a joke. Many of us switched to other classes to stave off the embarrassement.

Now, WD isn't overpowered, sure, but it is damn fine so far.
Reply Quote
View profile If you can't figure out that WD got a huge buff, then I'm sorry for you. WD are NOT the most powerful class, but previously it was darn near unplayable.

when was it 'unplayable' again? im glad you are full of sh*t. that statement is completely false. in fact, BEFORE THE VQ NERF IS WAS ARGUABLY MORE PLAYABLE.

lol wd did not get a HUGE buff... ever. you are smoking something to think otherwise. one step foreward, two steps back does not net an overall gain.

lol it works just fine. but a wizard in my gear would never die in MP10. CM build OP. period. just sayin there is this word called RELATIVITY here that ppl seem to ignore, taking their idea of 'buff' and just sticking it into a vaccuum.

relatively speaking, WDs have not been buffed. buffed, in a relative sense means that (at a high level) in the 'pecking order' of classes we are on par with more of them NOW than we were before.

well guess what? we are not.

we are not the most survivable, not the most dmg dealing, not the most 'cc'ing, not the most agile. not the fastest farming. not the best for pvp (even with no pvp in sight, this is prob the truth).

maaaybe the most cool looking (with visage of guiya). and maybe we provide the 'best' buffs to others thru gimmick builds (0s zd) and BBV.

but thats about it.
Reply Quote

SayGa
View profile
View profile If you can't figure out that WD got a huge buff, then I'm sorry for you. WD are NOT the most powerful class, but previously it was darn near unplayable.

when was it 'unplayable' again? im glad you are full of sh*t. that statement is completely false. in fact, BEFORE THE VQ NERF IS WAS ARGUABLY MORE PLAYABLE.

lol wd did not get a HUGE buff... ever. you are smoking something to think otherwise. one step foreward, two steps back does not net an overall gain.

lol it works just fine. but a wizard in my gear would never die in MP10. CM build OP. period. just sayin there is this word called RELATIVITY here that ppl seem to ignore, taking their idea of 'buff' and just sticking it into a vaccuum.

relatively speaking, WDs have not been buffed. buffed, in a relative sense means that (at a high level) in the 'pecking order' of classes we are on par with more of them NOW than we were before.

well guess what? we are not.

we are not the most survivable, not the most dmg dealing, not the most 'cc'ing, not the most agile. not the fastest farming. not the best for pvp (even with no pvp in sight, this is prob the truth).

maaaybe the most cool looking (with visage of guiya). and maybe we provide the 'best' buffs to others thru gimmick builds (0s zd) and BBV.

but thats about it.
17 minutes ago

Listen to him boys nd girls
Reply Quote
High end Wizard build : Int + Crit%.
High end Demon Hunter build : Dex + Crit%.
High end Monk build : Dex + Crit%.
High end Barbarian build : Str + Crit%.
High end Witch Doctor build : Int + Crit% + Mana Regeneration.

Resource regeneration with the high end build :
- More then enough for every 1.0.3 class.
- More then enough for every 1.0.4 class, except the 1.0.4 Witch Doctor class.

The 1.0.4 "Vision Quest redesign" took the worst 1.0.3 Witch Doctor shortcoming (of requiring one more stat then the other classes to achieve enough resource regeneration) and "doubled it" (now failing to achieve enough resource regeneration despite requiring one more stat to achieve what little it can...).

As a result :
- 1.0.3 Witch Doctor : In need of a buff and a fix (because of the crippling extra stat requirement on equipment, and the broken pets at the high end levels).
- 1.0.4 Witch Doctor : Fixed but nerfed (main stat requirement problem not fixed one bit, resource problem added to that stat problem, broken pets finally fixed to work at high end).
- 1.0.5 Witch Doctor : In need of a triple buff (still one excess stat requirement to equipment, not enough resource regeneration available with a high end crit% build, pets broken at the high end levels again).

If anything the mana regenerating stat should be removed from all equipment, and mana regeneration should just scale up with the Crit% stat instead, just like it works out with any other class. Then pets should be fixed to scale up to MP10, which apparently they currently can't.
Edited by Stranger#2443 on 11/28/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

This is what is so hard to explain to people.

Either A. Barbs / CM wiz are the "baseline/normal"
or
B they are OP and need to be nerfed.

Based on the fact that Bilzz openly said they wernt touching WW barbs (at this time i think they said) doesnt that imply WW barbs are balanced?

I do not totally agree with all these statements.
1. We are not the most Survivable - 100% agree. We only have a few defensive CDs/skills where as others have tons. (sure we have pets, but they dont stop lazers!)

2. We are not the most dmg Dealing- I am not 100% sure on this, but I would question this point. I think a Bears WD, with the right skills can produce a heck of a lot (if not the most) DPS in the game. The problem is that it is not sustainable over a long fight in MP10. At the same point however, we dont have any skills like Wizards magic weapon or barbs Battle cry that increase dmg passivly. at no cost other than the skill.

3. Not the most CCing - Agree
4- Not hte most agile - Agree
5 Not the best at farming - Perhaps true, but if you look at Chuck Ns data of him getting 90m per hour i would say we are right up there. Of course he is gearing specifically for it, and Barbs can probably do the same without gearing for it lol
Reply Quote
I need more power!
Fk BZ!

I like your name. "I am a big bad guy!". :P
Reply Quote
I think there are only two builds that are overly powerful: WW Barbs and CM Wizards.

Everything else seems pretty balanced to me.

WD's problem is that Zombie Bear is what's keeping WD competitive at the top level. Without ZB, WD's weapon damage isn't superior and several things that are unique to WD don't scale well at higher MP.

WD still has a lot of room for improvement. DoT needs a HUGE buff IMO. Fetish needs to be a lot better. Thorn damage and Pick-up radius design need more.

WD is very solo-friendly. The improvement on Dog/Garg are HUGE.

Yes, they nerfed VQ but they also gave you +20mana regen from Zuni and you don't have to keep cool down all the time. They've also improved Mass Confusion and control powers in general.

The only problem is that most runes are not on-par with Zombie Bear yet. They need to work out a better equation for other runes to match it competitively.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/28/2012 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I know many people think "mana" is a big issue that's holding WD back but in reality, even if you can keep channeling Firebats nonstop, WoS all day or keep raining Acid Cloud, the damage output still can't match WW Barb's greatness because WW Barb with Wrath has god-mode defense and mez protection. We can already achieve 2 of the 3 (Firebats -mana and WoS all day long). There's not much point in spamming AC nonstop because the dot portion doesn't stack and Bomb only does 230% weapon.

WD needs to get damage/survival elsewhere to be at WW Barb's level.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/28/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Theres a huge difference between unlimited WoS and WW/ RLTW etc. AOE vs single target etc.

IE I can spam firebomb all day long. If it hits 4 targets it does 440% damage which beats out WoS, and it requires zero extra abilities, and i can spam it indefinitely. That just seems wrong to me.

All im saying is we have a lot of cool spells, but their costs and damage simple arnt comparable when you look at the ENTIRE toolkit of WD vs other classes.
Reply Quote
Theres a huge difference between unlimited WoS and WW/ RLTW etc. AOE vs single target etc.

IE I can spam firebomb all day long. If it hits 4 targets it does 440% damage which beats out WoS, and it requires zero extra abilities, and i can spam it indefinitely. That just seems wrong to me.

All im saying is we have a lot of cool spells, but their costs and damage simple arnt comparable when you look at the ENTIRE toolkit of WD vs other classes.

I think since Zombie Bear is THE top-end WD rune at the moment (85% top 500 uses Bear), they should use the Bear formula to buff other runes.

WoS can probably use some buffs on the extra souls to make it more "aoe" friendly and of course there is Phantasm that is stupidly capped at 3!

My point is even if we can spam our secondary non-stop (like having Mana on Critical system), WD's damage may not be able to match except for Bear at closer range. There are other ways to get more damage without using Mana (IE: Fetish, Thorn) but they just suck atm. :(

I play DH sometimes and I feel DH doesn't have many high damage spells. Most are around
180-230% and Cluster Bomb costs a lot of resource. Echoing Blast is probably DH's highest ST damage. I have not really tried the new spike trap yet.

Monk? The spirit cost of many secondary are very high. 99% of the Monks I see are Thunder Fist + Cyclone. :(
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/28/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 12:02 AMPosted by crzytimes
I dunno...I played witch doctor since launch day. I'm quite happy where we are at now.

Same, I have played WD since launch day and I'm completely happy with where we are currently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]