Diablo® III

All WD Players Fooled By Blizzard!Buff? Joke!

Same, I have played WD since launch day and I'm completely happy with where we are currently.

Do you think if you have a Wiz / Barb with equally as good gear as your WD, they would be equally as powerful, or would they be more, less?
Reply Quote
Wiz are more powerful at high MP. (CM/WW build)

WD are better at low MP.
Reply Quote
Wiz are more powerful at high MP. (CM/WW build)

WD are better at low MP.

And when you judge the power of a character, do you judge it based on how easy it can do farm content or how easily it can do the easiest content?

Sure WDs are amazing when the content is trivial but who really cares? Would you rather be the best at trivial content or the best at end game content?
Reply Quote

we are not the most survivable, not the most dmg dealing, not the most 'cc'ing, not the most agile. not the fastest farming. not the best for pvp (even with no pvp in sight, this is prob the truth).

I do not totally agree with all these statements.
1. We are not the most Survivable - 100% agree. We only have a few defensive CDs/skills where as others have tons. (sure we have pets, but they dont stop lazers!)

Spirit Vessel - its like getting a 1up.

I think for survivability, we have a pretty good skill set. Pets + Spirit Vessel means big hitting things never kill you.

If anything has that "oops killed you" moment, you get a get-out-of-jail-free card, and continue on. I think that Spirit Vessel is one of the most powerful passives in the game for survivability. One With Everything is just better all the time, but Spirit Vessel is better when you need it the most.

It is a SAVE button, or a reset button. Frankly, I call it my "stand-in-desecrator-as-long-as-I-want" skill. Who cares if I get down to 10% or less life. What's going to happen? I die? Nope. Chuck Testa. I mean, Nope, 1up. Free life. Hit POTION and keep on playing.

WD only have to play cautious when that little white globe thingy is on cooldown. Which only lasts like 90s ... or less. The rest of the time, we can play absolutely reckless and walk away scott free. If we die, we just keep playing until Spirit Vessel is ready, and then we go into face-rolling reckless mode again.

Just don't die twice, back-to-back. That's it. That's the mantra of my WD. Play hard until I die, then play smart for about a minute and a half, then play hard some more.

Sure, we don't have a gimmicky build like CM or WW, but neither does DH or Monk.

Spirit Vessel is the best (or at least one of the best) defensive skills in the game.
Reply Quote
i like WD and think we can play a variety of styles, my sheet dps says 90k and i can solo mp5 act3 just fine and i might add fairly fast - i came from 110k dps achon wiz that could barely do mp3 - i have LS/Siphon/Jaunt in most cases i can face tank any elite/champ afflix just fine - i do think we could do use a gear change - 2 seconds saved off zombie wall has never saved anyone!
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 07:13 PMPosted by mellojoe
Sure, we don't have a gimmicky build like CM or WW, but neither does DH or Monk.

0s zd build isnt gimmicky bro?

Spirit Vessel is the best (or at least one of the best) defensive skills in the game.

agreed, but you conveniently forget that YOU ARE REMOVED FROM SPIRIT REALM if your giant face takes 50% dmg, so in situation where SV triggers while you are on desecrator or in a beam of death you can kiss your 'get out of death free card' GOODBYE.

while still good, there is NOTHING that knocks you out of diamond skin, ss, etc. at least as far a i am aware of. just keep that in mind, thats all.

this is especially evident in higher MP levels where that 50% dmg can tick extremely fast.

@ ppl saying that the pet buff was a 'buff' i would say that they brought them to the level where they SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. i do agree the change was great, but frankly it was NECESSARY and blizzard should recieve no credit for fixing something that was clearly broken to begin with and then call it a 'buff'.
Reply Quote
5 Not the best at farming - Perhaps true, but if you look at Chuck Ns data of him getting 90m per hour i would say we are right up there. Of course he is gearing specifically for it, and Barbs can probably do the same without gearing for it lol

lol this is the sad truth, and there is no way to farm as fast as a ww barb with wotb. they are just too fast.

and chuck and me have played a lot together, and yes, he can farm damn fast in MP0-3, but once you get into the upper MP levels the barb farming speed is so much faster just keeping up can be tedious.

pickup radius only carries you so far... and will be pointless for pvp. so keep that in mind before you drop the gold chuck has on a speed farming build.

it still holds that our class has no apparent comparative advantage (economics term there), which should be the case.

farming mp2 'fast' doesnt count.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 11/29/2012 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pets used to be great, they didn't need the extra health they have now cause they could stunlock most enemies just like a CM wiz can now, but it was nerfed.

VQ was SOOOOOO much better.

it was ONE passive skill and you were done, VQ gave you all the mana you needed.

Now i have to run VQ+BR+ spiders to get my mana.

Higher base regen + 2 passives and an active to get similar mana regen was a horrible nerf!

I would way rather have old VQ back and be able to use the other passive and active skill to help my character.
Reply Quote
I miss the old VQ... that was fun.... (Imagine spamming non-stop bears and Acid Rain? You can hardly do both now)....
Reply Quote
I think for survivability, we have a pretty good skill set. Pets + Spirit Vessel means big hitting things never kill you.

I guess what i was getting at is all of our stuff has CDs. Sure SV is amazing, but it only works so often.

Consider mobility.
A barb with WW can simply WW away from any pack.
As a WD, if i get cornered, the ONLY way i can get out is to hope SW is off cooldown and walk though them.

I cant tell you how many times a waller cast wall On me (yes on me) pinning me to a location and SW is down and i then die to something. Or i get stuck in a corner with mobs blocking my exit.

If im not mistaken, other classes have great escape / defensive utilities. We have SW, (i guess horrify but its kinda of blah). Thats about it.
Reply Quote
it still holds that our class has no apparent comparative advantage (economics term there), which should be the case.

But we got Bears!

ROOOooaaaR!
Reply Quote
The conclusion of this thread is that if you ignore the posts from the ignorant few, most Witch Doctor Players were not fooled by the Blizzard "Buff" : The Witch Doctor "Redesign" was widely perceived as the Witch Doctor "nerf" that it was.

It's like giving any other class a 20% DPS buff but reducing their ability to regenerate resource through critical hits by 80% : On the character sheet the DPS increase would look like a big buff, but in the game the change would translate to a big nerf, specially at the higher MP levels where the resource cost per monster kill is vastly increased.
Reply Quote
Yes... Now that you wrote everything in bold letters, I get your point
Reply Quote
no more agree about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blizzard,!Give us back 4CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
don think so , WD is powerful
PVP is coming , it is the only way to verify
Reply Quote
View profile
Ive recently been putting some time in on my wiz. first time since paragon patch came out... and damn gotta say wiz has gotten some nasty buffs in the last few patches that put wd to shame.
Storm armor?!?! holly !@#$ there is no way they can let this op skill in pvp. And with proper use of teleport wiz is just soo much faster than any thing wd can do.

any one arguing that wd isnt deserving of some major buffs has their head in the sand.
Reply Quote

I do not totally agree with all these statements.
1. We are not the most Survivable - 100% agree. We only have a few defensive CDs/skills where as others have tons. (sure we have pets, but they dont stop lazers!)

Spirit Vessel - its like getting a 1up.

If anything has that "oops killed you" moment, you get a get-out-of-jail-free card, and continue on. I think that Spirit Vessel is one of the most powerful passives in the game for survivability. One With Everything is just better all the time, but Spirit Vessel is better when you need it the most.

It is a SAVE button, or a reset button. Frankly, I call it my "stand-in-desecrator-as-long-as-I-want" skill. Who cares if I get down to 10% or less life. What's going to happen? I die? Nope. Chuck Testa. I mean, Nope, 1up. Free life. Hit POTION and keep on playing.

WD only have to play cautious when that little white globe thingy is on cooldown. Which only lasts like 90s ... or less. The rest of the time, we can play absolutely reckless and walk away scott free. If we die, we just keep playing until Spirit Vessel is ready, and then we go into face-rolling reckless mode again.

Just don't die twice, back-to-back. That's it. That's the mantra of my WD. Play hard until I die, then play smart for about a minute and a half, then play hard some more.

one word......................................................................................LAG lol
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:17 AMPosted by SayGa

0s zd build isnt gimmicky bro?
Got me there. I always forget about it because it isn't a huge part of the community. Most WD's are not running it; most are running a Zombie Bear build. As opposed to Barbs and Wiz's, where the gimmicky build is the main build.

agreed, but you conveniently forget that YOU ARE REMOVED FROM SPIRIT REALM if your giant face takes 50% dmg, so in situation where SV triggers while you are on desecrator or in a beam of death you can kiss your 'get out of death free card' GOODBYE.

while still good, there is NOTHING that knocks you out of diamond skin, ss, etc. at least as far a i am aware of. just keep that in mind, thats all.

Meh. Not too much of a concern, really. Diamond Skin falls off at like 27,000 damage. I have about 2x that in life (50k). Therefore the damage soak of both is about the same. Plus, since you are automatically in the spirit realm, you can walk through mob packs very quickly to get out of danger.

While a valid point, I think you might be overemphasising it.
Reply Quote
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

WD are obviously not the best class. By a wide margin. But they are the most FUN class. By a wide margin.
Reply Quote
Sure WDs are amazing when the content is trivial but who really cares? Would you rather be the best at trivial content or the best at end game content?

+1

Meh. Not too much of a concern, really.

cause you dont farm MP10. I understand, its fine. But it becomes painfully obvious in MP10, just sayin.

this is why i also have to use horrify - armor + fear is more reliable than ghosting thru enemies in time and hoping you dont take a lot of dmg.

would also help IF WE DIDNT HAVE TO USE HONORED GUEST RUNE 95% of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]