Diablo® III

still cannot install, when will this be fixed

still getting error code: BLZPTS00007

have tried all the troubleshooting options blizzard gives on the link and tried other fixes that people have suggested but nothing is working. I uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall and it still goes to this checking for updates before the launcher actually comes up.

If i remove all blizzard and battle.net related files from my computer before attempting the reinstall it will start the "updating" process but then gets stuck 1/3 of the way thru and the error reappears.

Why is this happening, when will it be fixed so I may play again?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Matez0r,

Please list all of the steps you've tried so far in resolving the issue.
Reply Quote
I have tried Enabling Secondary Logon
I have tried Opening as administrator
I have tried Closing backround apps
I have tried deleting Battle.net tools folder
I have tried Restarting my computer
I have uninstalling the entire game in hopes of reinstalling
I have cleared every d3/battle.net related file on my computer
I have tried calling your support hotlines but the queues are always full
I have tried sending a ticket
Reply Quote
So basically i came on after the patch was live and it wouldnt go past the checking for updates screen. I was getting that error code as stated above. I have attempted all the troubleshoots from your link that comes when you click the error code. I then decided to uninstall the game and remove all files related to it attempting to reinstall.

Now when i go to open the setup.exe to reinstall it still goes to that checking for updates screen before giving me the same error.

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated
Reply Quote
Here is a post I made last night on these tech support forums which may give more detail but basically the same information.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199032679
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Matez0r ,

Ok, start by doing the steps in these two articles, even if you've done them before.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

Then, temporarily disable any antivirus or software firewall programs you may be using. Then try the game again. It's normal for it to show the "updating" screen but it shouldn't last long as it's just getting the Agent files which aren't that big.
Reply Quote
ok will try again now, thank you for the reponse, will get back to you in a few
Reply Quote
Ok just repeated all of those steps, turned off norton and windows firewalls completely. It is still getting stuck 1/3 of the way through updating setup files before popping up the same BLZPTS00007 error.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Matez0r,

Try creating a new Windows user and add it to the administrators group. this article will show you how if you're unfamiliar with the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/creating-a-new-administrator-account-pc

Then log off Windows, and back on with the new user account and try the game again.

If that doesn't help, please open up Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" then "Internet Options". Now go to the "Connections" tab and click on the button that says "LAN settings". Make sure that "Automatically detect settings" is checked, and that you are not using a proxy server and then click "OK." Try the game again afterwards.
Reply Quote
the new admin account seems to have worked. the game is installing as we speak. Thank you very much for you help. Ill let you know when its done installing if everything worked out. Thank you again Omrakos, you have made my day!
Reply Quote
thank you again Omrakos. The game has installed and im currently in game again. You have been a great help! Have a good night, i appreciate your quick responses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]