Diablo® III

looking for high dps meteor wizard

for some mp10 ubers lemme no!
you should be dealing somewhere between 5-8m DPS thx.

cm wiz will be using cold blooded+frost nova buff
monk buff another 48%
Reply Quote
5-8m......... right.
Reply Quote
5-8m? Molten is 390% weapon dmg, not 3900% weapon dmg. With 500k dps you only get 2m dps tops, and this is ASSUMING you stand still and spam meteors only, its a lot less f you need to move to dodge stuff or cast ww to regen ap.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by TasteDeath
5-8m? Molten is 390% weapon dmg, not 3900% weapon dmg. With 500k dps you only get 2m dps tops, and this is ASSUMING you stand still and spam meteors only, its a lot less f you need to move to dodge stuff or cast ww to regen ap.

we have a perma stun wiz we have the one of the BEST on server magda doesnt even spawn arcanes.

5-8m is very easy to achieve with meteor if youre properly geared.
Reply Quote
"Very easy" guys!
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Stever
"Very easy" guys!

i did say looking for mp10 player. right?
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:52 PMPosted by coco

we have a perma stun wiz we have the one of the BEST on server magda doesnt even spawn arcanes.

I showed you the math, its impossible.
Reply Quote
Well to be honest you could probably build a gear set close to this. Except on SB's reflect of course..

1600dps Skorn 200cd Open socket could drop some big meteors. Mm actually would need 1h+source for apoc return.

48% damage from monk
15% from CM Wiz - Bone Chill
20% Cold Blooded 10% Conflag from you.

Use Molten Impact,Force Weapon,Sparkflint,Pinpoint Barrier, Diamond Skin(Prism) +1 I havnt thought of yet. Passives - Glasscannon,Cold Blooded, Conflag
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/28/2012 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

390% WEP dmg

x

base weapon dmg

x

INT

x

Crit dmg.

and addition bleed effect after cast

'Increases the damage of the Meteor impact to 390% weapon damage as Fire and the molten fire to 90% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds.'

and you are forgetting theere is something called SOJ lmfao.
Edited by coco#1138 on 11/28/2012 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

390% WEP dmg

x

base weapon dmg

x

INT

x

Crit dmg.

and addition bleed effect after cast

'Increases the damage of the Meteor impact to 390% weapon damage as Fire and the molten fire to 90% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds.'

and you are forgetting theere is something called SOJ lmfao.

Good that you know the dmg formula now plug in those numbers and you will see that you dont get anywhere close to 5-8m dps. SoJ adds 30% dmg but it isnt free, you have to sacrifice a huge dmg slot to use it, so the dmg boost is far less than the theoretical 30%.

No meteor wiz is going to do 5m dps, unless you mean 5m dps with overawe + bone chill + cold blooded.
Reply Quote
Good that you know the dmg formula now plug in those numbers and you will see that you dont get anywhere close to 5-8m dps. SoJ adds 30% dmg but it isnt free, you have to sacrifice a huge dmg slot to use it, so the dmg boost is far less than the theoretical 30%.

No meteor wiz is going to do 5m dps, unless you mean 5m dps with overawe + bone chill + cold blooded.

lol. obvs 5m dps /second with buffs.. this is an UBER team
Edited by coco#1138 on 11/29/2012 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
3m is achievable with those buffs but also need some really good gears.

but 5m-8m Idk

don't forget that elites/bosses have an inherent resistance.
Reply Quote
I do 2.8mil DPS solo (without any party buffs) and without an SOJ... added you in-game so we can try it out if you want
Reply Quote
SOJ can be replaced these days . A 50CD Int Unity will be better.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:51 AMPosted by trihfh
I do 2.8mil DPS solo (without any party buffs) and without an SOJ... added you in-game so we can try it out if you want

Your gear actually seems pretty perfect given that another wizard is covering the lockdown. I'd be a little uncomfortable with you locking down ubers at the 2.51 breakpoint, but if you're just skipping frost nova to spam out dps it would probably be pretty epic thanks to that weapon being way better damage than chant's.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:51 AMPosted by trihfh

thx for helping . this guy is easily 5m+ DPS
Reply Quote
Might want to consider this thread for some serious wizard damage.

UberDeath Specs

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004033112?page=1
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 01:14 AMPosted by vishnu

Your gear actually seems pretty perfect given that another wizard is covering the lockdown. I'd be a little uncomfortable with you locking down ubers at the 2.51 breakpoint, but if you're just skipping frost nova to spam out dps it would probably be pretty epic thanks to that weapon being way better damage than chant's.

yep, that's exactly what I just did :)
Reply Quote
On another note... I can do 2.8m dps as SNS spec... I wonder how high it would go with dropping frostnova from the rotation. Since it uses an attack turn.

More WW = more Shocking aspects. Or I could try my Twisted Raid spec WW/meteor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VPXhgT!gWe!YaccZc
Reply Quote
By 5-8m dps to uber, IF what he means is againts 2 target at once fully buffed, then its easily achievable, but if what he means by 5-8m dps is againts single target, then its a bit hard to get, especially with meteor spec.

High damage meteor by using 2H is not sustainable since you only have 1 source of APoC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]