Diablo® III

Getting Disconnected From the Server

Before I say what the problem is, here is the scene.

-Happens everytime (And I mean everytime; not just once) I try to switch skills
-In multiplayer mode when this happens

The issue is when I was switching my skills around for my WD, no matter what skill I chose (I tested them all just to see if it was just one or two particular skills that might make a build over powered but to no avail) whenever I try to assign a different skill to the right mouse button than the original ones offered, I get disconnected from the server the moment I try. Why is this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Truth,

I see the last activity on your posting account was 10/24/2012 on a Starter account. It doesn't have a Witch Doctor on it at all.

Please post from the account experiencing the problem.
Reply Quote
My apologies Omrakos. It did not occur to me I posted on the wrong account. I use my brothers account for Diablo 3 which is que.quietus@gmail.com Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but with that account the WD is there. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Truth,

Ok, I tested with mine just now in a multiplayer game and I'm not having any problems at all re-assigning the right mouse button, using the skill selection window or by dragging a skill from another key over to it (elective mode enabled).

For something like this, I'd try the steps in this article first:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
Well I did try as mentioned to delete the cache folder but after I did the game would not start. So I restored the folder. The game runs as it has been. But I did not see the elective mode in the menus until you mentioned it here. I enabled the mode and I can use any skill offered for the right click button. However the other way that I have been doing it still makes me disconnect from the server. But thank you for your time and effort Omrakos. :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Truth,

Without elective mode enabled, you only had 4 skills to choose from, correct?

I'm not sure what's going on with your cache folder. Deleting it should not have any effect on your game running. It's just going to start rebuilding it again while you play if it's gone. Are you sure you were getting the one in the link I gave you and not another one?
Reply Quote
Correct. But you can still move skills around manually without using elective mode. Although maybe I should not be allowed to do as such and the game is acting as accordingly?

Yes. I did exactly as what the link you provided instructed me to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]