Diablo® III

Lag on elite encounters, game doesn't recover

I have been getting increasingly worse Lag spikes randomly while playing.

90% of the time it is during an elite encounter.

The game plays fine then all of a sudden I am running around but the mobs are frozen and the game is unresponsive. During this time I can still run around in the game but can't pick anything up or interact with the environment.

It would be one thing if the game caught up after a few seconds and I could keep playing. The only way to get out of the situation is close the client or spam the leave game button until I disconnect. If I don't do this the game will just stay in this useless state permanently.

After I force a disconnect I get booted back to player screen and can immediately start a new game.

This is really frustrating, while farming keys or just trying to play with 5nv ever.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem and it's driving me insane. I've never had any issues whatsoever since launch up to 1.05. It usually happens during elite fights for me as well.

The strange thing is that I can still use any chat channels, chat with friends, etc. It's just my character that can still move around but can't pick up anything, mobs don't move, nothing responds.

Updated everything I can possibly think of, opened all ports, etc.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure I have updated everything possible with regards to drivers. I will have another look or maybe try getting a usb wireless adapter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]