Diablo® III

Bonus XP From Increased MP Lvl Does NOT Work.

MP level increase XP definitely works.
Reply Quote
I always find it intriguing that people value the xp bonus of massacres and mighty blows, yet have no problem in leaving 10% of monsters almost but not quite dead.

Those rarely achieved and much sought after huge killing sprees still grant less bonus xp than even 1, single, solitary monster that is almost but not quite dead.

Yeah, leaving some might be the best xp/hour, I get that, but put the tiny bonus for chains etc out of your head, and concentrate on a more efficient clear via mobs killed, as 10% left by trying to chain is not efficient.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 12/2/2012 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
XP%+ from MP works
only the effect isn't as big as you think.

for example :
on ACT3 monster where all the monsters are lvl 63 on all MP

on MP0 where no bonus XP at all
you with 5 Valor = 75% XP bonus, hellfire ring = 35% XP, hellfire ring on follower = 7%, and ruby gem on helm = 31%

will give you total 148% bonus XP right?

so if a monster normally has an 10.000XP,
that 148% bonus XP will increase it from 10.000XP to 24.800XP

if you play on MP5 where increase the bonus XP further for 60%,
your total bonus xp will be 148% + 60% = 208%

so if a monster normally has an 10.000XP,
that 208% bonus XP will increase it from 10.000XP to 30.800XP

30.800 - 24.800 = 6000/24800*100 = 24.19%
so that 60% bonus on MP5 is actually only increasing your PLevel efficiency for 24.19%

also don't count XP per run, because the monster density always differ for each run, also some little xp from kill streak count too.
try count the XP per single monster kill instead, you'll see the difference.

TLDR : so that 60% bonus on MP5 is actually only increasing your PLevel efficiency for 24.19%

EDIT :
Using above formula on ACT3 monster where all the monsters are at lvl 63 at all MP

MP1 +10%= PLevel efficiency increased for 4.03%
MP2 +20%= PLevel efficiency increased for 8.06%
MP3 +30%= PLevel efficiency increased for 12.09%
MP4 +45%= PLevel efficiency increased for 18.14%
MP6 +75%= PLevel efficiency increased for 30.24%

will be lower if you're using Leoric signet/cain set
Edited by SIONG#1872 on 12/2/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is the dumbest troll thread I've ever seen.

ANSWER
Go into game on mp0, kill 1 monster, look at how much xp you got.
Go to mp10 game, kill 1 of the same type of monster.
You will notice how much more xp you get.

Are you people really that foolish you don't see OP is being a huge troll? Cause if this is not the case I'm the only person in here that understands basic logic. Why would you try and manipulate data for an entire run when you have your answer after a single monster kill?
Edited by Weism#1217 on 12/2/2012 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

ANSWER

Are you people really that foolish you don't see OP is being a huge troll? Cause if this is not the case I'm the only person in here that understands basic logic. Why would you try and manipulate data for an entire run when you have your answer after a single monster kill?

Learn to read perhaps?
Adding total exp gained per RUN, not monster, is not adding up to the expected increase.
Reply Quote

ANSWER

Learn to read perhaps?
Adding total exp gained per RUN, not monster, is not adding up to the expected increase.

Wow... You guys amazes me.... To test per run is not the way to test it. If you want to test if the game is also adding the ex points correctly, test killing 5 different monsters 5 times, do the same in 5 different Nav and see?

Simple enough?
Reply Quote
Good troll and a good read, thanks.
Reply Quote
Why are you guys doing all this extensive testing?

Go to Mp0. Kill a spear throwing goatman in the fields of slaughter. Record the increase in experience.

Go to Mp5. Do the same. If the amount of xp gained is 50% higher, it works.
Reply Quote

ANSWER

Learn to read perhaps?

Of course you will end up with more total experience on a lower MP. You gain more EXP PER MONSTER (not PER RUN) in higher MP's but it takes too long so you end up with around the same or less than if you ran on a lower MP. They only way to make higher MP's more efficient is to get insane DPS levels so MP3 becomes as easy as say MP1 was.

Nothing is "broken" about this. Blizzard clearly set it up this way on purpose.

They saw it happening like this:

1. Determine which MP is the most efficient for you. Lets say it's MP1.

2. Grind MP1 until you get to a higher DPS and survivability.

3. Now that you have higher DPS you can go up to MP2

4. Grind MP2 until you get higher DPS and survivability.

5. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Now you could argue that maybe the bonuses from higher MP levels should be increased (and I would agree), but don't say that something "isn't working" when it clearly is.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
I killed and compared the exp gain per mob for the same monster at different MP level with the same gears and NV stacks, bonus exp gain via items and MP level DEFINITELY works, if you don't believe just go try it
Reply Quote
I dont know y I gane duhhh sem experniance on mp levels all! gam is brokdeded!

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, you are taking LONGER to kill something? If you had 300k unbuffed, MP 5 would give you more exp than MP 3 if you had 150k unbuffed. Get it? Same damage = same experience on the quickest MP for yourself. I gain less exp per run on MP 4 than I do in MP 3 in my farming gear. I gain less exp per run in MP 5 than I do in MP 3 in my dps gear. Know why? I don't have the damage output to match it. If you had 2B damage unbuffed, MP 10 would be far superior in experience than any other MP. Better average, better exp, same speed.

TL:DR
Faster you kill, more exp you get.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 12/2/2012 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please explain to me how it is possible that I received the same amount of average exp on MP1 as MP10 over the course of MANY runs. This should be almost impossible to occur even once, let alone multiple times.

I will test it by monster your way and report my findings.

Because you are trolling us and purposely kill less monsters the higher MP you pick? *shrugs*
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 12/2/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
its because half the mobs arent dying that you are attacking higher MP most likely.

the monsters have to actually die and when people do Alk runs they leave half of everything alive...

I'm not an idiot.

In order to test these runs properly. I made SURE that over 90% of the monsters I encountered met their end. Obviously there are discrepancies between mob spawn amounts in each instance, which is why I ran each MP lvl at LEAST 15 times. Some times I will even kill every single monster I see just to see the kind of EXP I could gain. I did this in MP10 several times and gained no more than 16m exp. If the exp was working as intended, I should have gained more than double that amount.

EXP bonus is absolutely NOT working for me. At least not to the extent that Blizzard claims it should be.

It's a very simple test, and it failed time and time again. The fact that I have NEVER gained more than 16 million XP or LESS than 12 million XP in ALL of my hundreds of runs is evidence enough in itself. If bonus XP were working, it should look more like 12 million minimum and 38 million max (160% increase from MP10).

No it shouldn't. The 160% is applied additively.

Assuming you kill about 15 elites, evenly distributed throughout your run (typical for an Alkaizer route), you're averaging 62% xp bonus from NV throughout the run, with an additional 31% from a Radiant Star Ruby and 35% from a Hellfire Ring, totaling 128% bonus experience already.

MP2 yields 20% bonus, while MP3 yields 30%. If you receive 13M experience in an MP2 run, that means you earned about 5.2M base experience, which would result in 13.5M experience on MP3. So if you're rounding down to the nearest million, then yes, MP2 and MP3 should be giving you the same amount of experience.

More importantly, at 13M per run on MP2, you should expect only about 20M a run on MP10. 160% over the existing 248% (100% base, 128% gear and NV, 20% MP) is only ~65% more experience.
Reply Quote
Higher the MP the more HP, meaning takes 12x longer to kill a monster in MP10 then it does in mp0 so really you should have lower XP gain at mp 10.
Reply Quote
wouldn't a sure fire way be to just kill 1 monster of the same type in each MP IE: kill 1 zombie in act 1. Because you get different mobs and there for different potential exp grants in any given run..Just saying :)
Reply Quote
Try a simple test and it works.

Kill 1 zombie on MP1 and record the XP gain.
Kill 1 zombie on MP10 and record the XP gain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]