Diablo® III

molten impact MP5 build in development

In terms of exp/ time:
MP0 blizzard or meteor shower

In terms of loot / time:
MP0 archon
MP1 archon
MP2 archon
MP3 my healing blade CM build (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199910399?page=1)
MP4
MP5 <- where i am focused today
MP6 wicked wind
MP7 wicked wind
MP8 wicked wind
MP9 wicked wind
MP10 wicked wind

Here is my current iteration:

living lighting
safe passage
unleashed
diamond shards
molten impact
pinpoint barrier

arcane dynamo
conflagration
critical mass

Once again like my previous builds, wands are bad. Life steal weapons are good. I have no met reduction on gear. Shock pulse dmg upgrade might be better then met reduction.
I am playing like normal cm just button pushing. I am not focusing where to place meteors or if i have arcane power. Only thing to micro is Safe passage: when to use it and where to do. If you see RD cast it, move out of position of bad things etc.

Compared to my MP3 Healing blade build; this moves slower; has a higher dps multipler; the dmg has a larger aoe; has more mitigation; takes about 44% longer to run the same route on Act 2 however at MP5 instead of MP3. It should be yielding about same chance at a legendary / time. This build also scales better with similar dps players in terms of increased legendary/time. I will test on Act3 shortly and will post videos soon.

other comments:
This build is amazing with other wizards: 1 runs conflagration, another swaps shards to run bone chill/cold blood etc, a 3rd could run a bubble with cold blood. Once again the goal is no spinup time.

inspiration / credits:
Rock#1954
Dragonfly#1941
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/7/2012 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Was playing around in a speed farming mp3 group running meteor shower:

19apoc no reduction
meteor shower
wormhole
unleashed
prism
living lighting
scramble
arcane dynamo
prodigy
critical mass

seemed fun will test how it is solo and at higher mp in the morning.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/2/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about MP 4 !
Reply Quote
i dk which met works best at mp4 nor if safe passage is required; alot to test.
Reply Quote
Woohoo i made the credits! Thanks ;)

Looks good! Definitely agree with the idea of meteor shower in low MP farming builds, i figured it was only a matter of time until the blizzard build aquired a bit of APoC, slotted CM and realised how good meteor is. Not to mention Wormhole with no cooldown is pretty useful.

Once again i'll share my thoughts on a few of the things you're using, incase any of it is helpful to anyone:

Living Lightning + Arcane Dynamo + Meteor is really good. Placement of LL to max your AD procs can be important, as well as making sure you get enough AP back to cast your next Meteor. I've been using Liquify for extra procs vs elites but i think Meteor Shower is equally viable - better for trash clearing, worse for elites.

Because of the lack of Frost Nova, i've had pretty good success using Paralysis for crowd control, and every time i drop it out for Conflagration thinking the DPS will be better, i wind up changing my mind and swapping back. Especially with liquify, i do more damage if i can keep things still better. For low MP though elites are going to die much quicker so it's probably not much use.

Meteor cost reduction gear can be nice, but the best stat for this build is definitely APoC. Plus, because of Arcane Dynamo, i think the ideal rotation is just cycling LL : Meteor 1:1, and i can seem to do that just fine against 2 or more mobs with only 19 APoC and 52.5% CC. If i have excess AP against trash i might throw 2 or 3 meteors at a time to cover a larger area, and against single champion mobs i'll often switch to 2LL : 1Meteor, 1 LL won't always be enough to get your AD stack to 5 against only 1 mob.

If you do love wands, just spam LL more than meteor so you're not wasting your attack turn on a wand attack. That said, i find the wand attack quite useful for one very important thing: goblins! LL moves too slow, but wand will almost always hit, giving you AP for more meteors and putting the goblin in hit recovery, slowing him down.

Oh, and i actually find Electrify quite useful if you want to save your AP for more Meteors instead of EB, since you don't actually need to be near the mobs for it to proc, so you can drop a few meteors behind you and run on ahead and the trash will just melt behind you. It's also good for ranged elites, since you can spam Meteor from a distance and still get plenty of procs.

For the record, i reckon both this and the Storm Chaser + Spectral Blades build are entirely viable around the MP3-6 area, it just depends on your DPS.
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 12/3/2012 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still looking for a LS, 900 LOH high dps black weapon ...
Reply Quote
View profile
<3 Erics builds...Eric which SOJ would you advise for this build?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/22/2012 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
yo for MP0 perhaps even MP1 at ~300K+ sheet dps, theres actually a better build for kills/time (i.e. exp/time & loot/time)

stack high life regen
high mitigations
oculus w/ +4 TP cooldown & blizzard bonus, high av dmg
~220K+ sheet dps
24% MS
blizzard stark winter (cast once on all mobs appearing on screen - it one shots them)
spectral blades thrown blades (use 3-4 casts on each elite mob, move on)
scramble (you are constantly being hit as your run past, much like a WW barb moves/is hit)
MW+sparkflint (blood magic if needed more suvival; ive also tried arcanot here, it works wonders to your passive arcane regen combined with astral, you can cast endless TPs and blizzards, making your moving killing power and speed better than a WW barb)
cold blooded (ensures more dps for your primary attack, blizzard -- this build is entirely contingent on your ability to one shot all mobs with blizzard casts so that you can run/TP by without stopping, except for elites which may take a couple blade swiped)
evocation (cools down TP more, totaling at 9 sec cooldown)
wormhole (primary means of transport)
astral presence (keeps blizzards coming, we dont use apoc nor CM here)

This builds sounds wacky, but it is tested at 91M/hour exp by KiwiKaki, a well known SC2 pro player who also plays D3 on his spare time/for da gaimz. Downside with it is you farm no items, except for maybe some elite packs. all others will drop after you are gone because of how fast oyu are moving

This build is made by him and I am taking no credit for it, but you should really consider it when evaluating all builds
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/22/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
yo for MP0 perhaps even MP1 at ~300K+ sheet dps, theres actually a better build for kills/time (i.e. exp/time & loot/time)

stack high life regen
high mitigations
oculus w/ +4 TP cooldown & blizzard bonus, high av dmg
~220K+ sheet dps
24% MS
blizzard stark winter (cast once on all mobs appearing on screen - it one shots them)
spectral blades thrown blades (use 3-4 casts on each elite mob, move on)
scramble (you are constantly being hit as your run past, much like a WW barb moves/is hit)
MW+sparkflint (blood magic if needed more suvival)
cold blooded (ensures more dps for your primary attack, blizzard)
evocation (cools down TP more, totaling at 9 sec cooldown)
wormhole (primary means of transport)
astral presence (keeps blizzards coming, we dont use apoc nor CM here)

This builds sounds wacky, but it is tested at 91M/hour exp by KiwiKaki, a well known SC2 pro player who also plays D3 in his spare time.

This build is made by him and I am taking no credit for it, but you should really consider it when evaluating all builds

Yep nothing beats mp0 for exp. I listed that category of build first. You end up wanting to go meteor for the quicker deaths and you end up wanting to stack tons of radius gear to pick up globes for arcane etc. So i listed both for exp. But i focus on loot now try to finding the best loot/time builds.
Reply Quote
Do you think MP5 is going to end being best for you for loot:time? ALso, have you noticed anything about the prices off Oculus offhands? I nticed you use one at least sometimes, but they seem like they are suddenly getting pricier... maybe people thinking ahead to pvp?
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/22/2012 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Okay this build straight up rocks. Used my meteor chants apoc source and I changed things around a bit cuz i have a lot of mitigation and wanted more ap for molten spam so i use prodigy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bQXPhT!Tgc!cZcaaY

meets dropping for like 1-1.2m with arcane dynamo boosted.. nothing lives for more than a few seconds in mp5

guess I'm buying a good butchers sickle:P
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/22/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Alesso
Do you think MP5 is going to end being best for you for loot:time? ALso, have you noticed anything about the prices off Oculus offhands? I nticed you use one at least sometimes, but they seem like they are suddenly getting pricier... maybe people thinking ahead to pvp?

Oculus teleport reduction did not impact wormhole until around 2 months ago, so it worthless before. At the initial release of 1.05 everyone was looking for chat sources to perma freeze ubers / wicked wind cm. I use oculus because it gives me the highest dps verse elites of any source that has apoc or uses its random affix for apoc. Today I think people want oculus to exp on mp0-1. Look at how expensive signet's are. Exp is still sought after. In terms of pvp, Tal source might be better for a full set regen buff. I imagine people will be using illusionist to reset teleport.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/22/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Should i use oculous or Force in my profile?
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Aimless
Should i use oculous or Force in my profile?

your chant has mer reduction which should work well. Assuming both are the same dps you will get more loh with chat bc of the higher attack rate.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/22/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do reasonably well in MP5 using the build in my profile now. Healing Blades, Meteor Shower, Calamity, Reactive Armor.
Reply Quote

Oculus teleport reduction did not impact wormhole until around 2 months ago, so it worthless before. At the initial release of 1.05 everyone was looking for chat sources to perma freeze ubers / wicked wind cm. I use oculus because it gives me the highest dps verse elites of any source that has apoc or uses its random affix for apoc. Today I think people want oculus to exp on mp0-1. Look at how expensive signet's are. Exp is still sought after. In terms of pvp, Tal source might be better for a full set regen buff. I imagine people will be using illusionist to reset teleport.

The way i see it is that Illusionist will supplement a naturally low cool down. You don't want to solely rely on being slammed in order to have a rapid cooldown. You want to have that ability faster without needing to be hit as well for some builds, maybe. You can say this same sort of thing about the tal's set bonus too -- you could instead use arcanot or astral presence or both to cover and surpass tal's bonus, freeing up those item slots, but maybe it could be nice to have all 3 for certain builds, who knows

if anything this is good... there seems to be a lot of theorycrafting and possibilities in store for pvp
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/22/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do reasonably well in MP5 using the build in my profile now. Healing Blades, Meteor Shower, Calamity, Reactive Armor.
Reply Quote
View profile
EDITED.

Hey I see you're using Safe Passge for RD resistance…I've found wormhole to be 3x more effective.

I use meteor reduction gear, but that's besides the point, here's how it goes:

I get in close, cast Time bubble, Prism, Bone Chill.
Then I drift one LL, quickly followed by seven molten impacts.
Because it takes a few seconds for the meteors to come down, I only receive damage from the first 2-3 meteors (estimated.)
Then I begin wormholing like a mad man while the last 4 meteors make impact.
The LifeSteal far outweighs the reflected damage (because, as far as I can tell, Wormhole doesn't stop you from Leeching, but does block RD.) and I usually end up with full health and reset cooldowns due to the LL procs as well as the stacked AoE's caused by Molten Impact.

I realize your'e using slightly different skills without meteor reduction, but you could still...

drift a LL
deplete all AP on Molten Impacts
and wormhole x3.

That's the essence of the most efficient defense against RD Elites at mp5 using a heavy hitting meteor build IMHO.

note: The reason I drift LL's before dropping Meteors is because of the crazy AP returns from LL as well as the LoH & CM benefits caused from it. Basically, by the time my LL dissipates, I have already cast 2-3 meteors, but still have a full globe of AP to deplete. By this time, I'm also experiencing slight returns from AoE Procs, allowing for even more Meteors to drop. Using Prism and Meteor Reduction gear is kind of O.D., and i normally start worm holing with 1/3 - 2/3 of my AP Globe still full. This is okay though, because by the time I'm done wormholing, I position myself for another round of heavy Molten Impacts, normally killing the RD Pack and ending the RD effect.

If they happen to be extra health+shielding or something else like this, I simply spam LL and the LoH returns (800 LoH+2.7LS) is just enough to outweigh the reflected dmg, no meteors. Slow, but surefire.
Edited by aceD#1243 on 12/22/2012 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Also, I doubt illusionist will be popular in PvP because I'd rather risk getting one-hitted just so I can escape the chance of getting one-hitted lol.
Edited by aceD#1243 on 12/22/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
:)

Dragonfly, thanks for the post that bolsters Erics OP. Couple helpful hints (gobs +_+) that I've gotta keep in mind when I play.
Edited by aceD#1243 on 12/22/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]