Diablo® III

Staff of Herding Plans cannot be discarded

If you pick up a Staff of Herding plan when your armorsmith already knows it, then you are stuck with it. It cannot be dropped in town or sold. It seems to me that the correct fix is to allow us to drop it in town like we can do with the other staff ingredients (Leoric's Shinbone, etc).
Reply Quote
I also have this issue. I also have plans for the portal device that I can not drop or do anything with.
Reply Quote
Just discovered this problem myself
Reply Quote
I opened a support ticket (in the wrong area) and got a helpful answer, I'll paste it here to help you guys:

Hello! Thanks a ton for letting me know that you needed to speak with us! And thanks for waiting for me. We're having a lot of our players contact us at the moment which is making the wait time go up.

I actually had this happen to me a few weeks ago.

While we do have plans to fix this, currently there's only one way to get rid of it.

To do that, send it to a character you don't care about or make a new character. Put it in their inventory, then delete the character.

After that you'll be good to go!

Regards,

Game Master Trelladon
Customer Services
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
They've got a plan for the plan, they just haven't implemented the fix yet:
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]