For comparisons sake I will compare strafe to barbs as well as monks as I have played both classes. WW barbs as everyone knows are very efficient at farming, and so are monks with sweeping wind builds. Barbarians are never at a loss of fury and are overburdened by it trying to dump fury by spamming sprint. They can attack on the move at normal movement speed (24%) not including sprint and WOTB, while demon hunters are forced to select runes that augment dps (demolition, stinging steel, rocket storm) just so farming mp0 is viable.
Stafe DHS are effectively moving at -25 % movement speed because we cannot use drifting shadow for 100% movement speed since we are pigeon holed into such odd builds to maintain strafe by dropping all our dps passives unless we have a legacy nats set.
We have to stack hatred regen on everything we can, avoid IAS, and are forced to run with a templar/ bat to make the build even work. This isn't a problem for barbs or monks as they can make their farming builds work with hardly any build specific gearing.
Not to mention our passives which typically consist of nightstalker, vengenace, and tactical advantage which are used as a great loss to survivability (perfectionist) and dps (archery, steady aim). Demon hunters need some love so we can have build diversity other than ball lightning & hungering arrow.
*Now that my rant is over here is how I propose to partially fix the problem, Ideas are encouraged from fellow DHs*
#1 Across the board Damage Increase to strafe damage.
- Currently 156% wep damage. 190% seems like a fair request. Subsequent rune buffs as well.
#2 Buff stinging steel to 200% crit dmg so it is actually worth using.
- A completely underwhelming skill for 100% more crit hit damage yet it only increases my crits by 10-15k. (70-85k)
#3 Reduce the hatred cost of strafe to 6 hatred.
- It currently costs 12 hatred per second to channel, at this cost it drains hatred like there is no tomorrow. By reducing the cost of the skill it will give us more choices in gearing, passives, and active skills.
- Demolition may be the only effective rune for lesser geared strafers, it crits for 180k for me while all other runes crit for 100k less. Why is that if they only do 30% more damage?
- Strafing is a fun build that has a lot of potential for farming but until some changes are made it will not be a viable farming build across the board for all different gear levels of DHs