Diablo® III

New to Diablo, what exactly do I do now?

I am new to the Diablo series. I never played D2, but I was a WoW player for many years and have played a multitude of RPG games.

I am currently Level 54 or so and am playing Act 2 Hell Difficulty.

I was wondering what exactly do I do when I hit 60. I've read and researched bits and pieces of information, but there are some things that confuse me.

First, do I just continue to play the game until I hit a wall in where I'm finding it hard to kill creatures? I have a feeling I will hit this wall somewhere in Inferno difficulty.

Once I hit that wall, I understand I have to farm for gold / items in order to progress. I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

Is farming mostly for people who have hit a wall in inferno? I assume Hell difficulty is not the difficulty I will need to "farm" in?

Just hoping I could get some comments and guidance as to what the Diablo 3 endgame is all about. I don't care if people says it sucks or its a grindfest. I like grindfests, its why I bought the game. I'm just unsure what to do and how to go about doing it.

Also, I keep hearing / seeing things about Uber bosses and keys / machines. Could someone also explain whats this all about?

Hoping to read a bunch of answers! Thanks for helping a newbie!
Reply Quote
theres something called monster power

google it
Reply Quote
The only thing you do when you hit level 60 is do farming runs in Act 3 until you get bored of them. Farming at this point is for everyone as inferno is no longer a wall at all. You just farm what you find fun, loot items/gold, rinse and repeat.

You can find out more about uber bosses and keys/machines from the developer blogs on this website.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey I am lvl 51 as of yesterday (new as well) so I will be interested in the answers here too :) Add me if you maybe want someone to play with sometime ;)
Reply Quote
Put your head between your knees and start crying about Reflects Damage elites.
Reply Quote
RMAH
Reply Quote
@ Justhackitup That's a great post, thank you for that. I'll definitely keep this in mind once I hit 60.

@ fingrknitter I may just do that =)

Sounds like what I had imagined, which is to progress through Inferno as far as I can and rinse / repeat runs to gather loot and gold.

Does Magic Find make a considerable difference in finding loot? Is it worth trying to keep a MF set in the stash?

Looking forward to hearing more opinions!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/03/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Tlegend
I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.
Ehhhh.... maybe. Depends how you farmed in WoW. Because here, from what i read.... you'll be farming the same area over and over and over and over and over...

and over and over...

Andover...

At least you could change spots now and them for a change of scenery, in WoW, a lot more than you can in here.

How far am i to be able to say this? Not very - that's irrelevant. I've been around the zones, i've seen enough to know that variety is a bit short. Be aware that most drops will be not-so-good. Now, if that doesn't bother you, then you're all set.

I bet you'll still end up going "Holy mac, this is nuts!!" (or something along that line).
Reply Quote
Leave before is too late.
Reply Quote
I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.
Ehhhh.... maybe. Depends how you farmed in WoW. Because here, from what i read.... you'll be farming the same area over and over and over and over and over...

and over and over...

Andover...

At least you could change spots now and them for a change of scenery, in WoW, a lot more than you can in here.

How far am i to be able to say this? Not very - that's irrelevant. I've been around the zones, i've seen enough to know that variety is a bit short. Be aware that most drops will be not-so-good. Now, if that doesn't bother you, then you're all set.

I bet you'll still end up going "Holy mac, this is nuts!!" (or something along that line).

I fail to see how it would be any different. Endgame in WoW was nice because Blizzard was nice enough to give us different dungeons to farm and acquire gear but from my experience, it was basically the same. In order to get BiS gear, or comparative replacements, you needed to farm the same exact dungeons and hope for the drops. With RaidIDS being reset once a week, it was limiting because you couldn't farm it more than once a week.

In D3 it seems the loot is randomized, but you can farm to your hearts content in order to find that item, or find enough money to buy the item. I understand there only so many places you can farm in d3, which will probably get to be a little cumbersome, but I haven't hit that point yet =)
Edited by Tlegend#1353 on 12/3/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
get life on hit or life steal in inferno. gear up for pvp
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/03/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Tlegend
I understand there only so many places you can farm in d3, which will probably get to be a little cumbersome, but I haven't hit that point yet =)
Then you should be good for at least a while.

Have fun!
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Tlegend
Does Magic Find make a considerable difference in finding loot? Is it worth trying to keep a MF set in the stash?

I say no...you get an added 3% every paragon level. I tried having a large amount of MF and it did absolutely nothing for drops.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Machiezmo

I say no...you get an added 3% every paragon level. I tried having a large amount of MF and it did absolutely nothing for drops.

Magic find helps initially, but once you go up past Paragon level 20, your DPS will rise, and your ability to go up the MP ladder will as well. Higher MP = higher MF.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:02 PMPosted by KhalARon

Magic find helps initially, but once you go up past Paragon level 20, your DPS will rise, and your ability to go up the MP ladder will as well. Higher MP = higher MF.

Good luck.

Alright, this makes sense. Thank you for this post.
Reply Quote
create every hero available and level them all to level 60! by then, youll get a firm grasp of the mechanics of the game. out of all your characters, choose your favorite to play and then paragon level them up! GRIND AND GRIND! :D

have fun with the game :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]