Diablo® III

New to Diablo, what exactly do I do now?

mf doesnt seem to help that much until you get close to max mf. If you can farm with some monster power at max mf then drops increase dramatically.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/03/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Tlegend
@ fingrknitter I may just do that =)

Nice :) Hopefully I will be on tonight XD
Reply Quote
View profile
12/03/2012 04:44 PMPosted by fingrknitter
@ fingrknitter I may just do that =)

Nice :) Hopefully I will be on tonight XD

Hmmm also appears that I have gone ape !@#$ with upgrading the jeweler compared to you so, you might find some use out of me soon enough ;)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are some great tips in this thread. :)

I'd also suggest checking out our comprehensive blogs concerning Monster Power and the Infernal Machine Event (which becomes available at level 60).
Reply Quote
Quit and come back in 2 years,maybe...
Reply Quote
Join a game and drop a gibbering gemstone on the ground in the middle of 50 lazer beams, molten, poison and 1342456 mobs while you spin away laughing at the bots trying to pick it up.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would recommend that you do some multiplayer (public games), it's pretty fun. There is about nothing finer than a team working together, and just laying waste to the baddies.

But if your group has bots and/or people with poor teamwork it can take away from it.

Personally I don't really see that many who I think are bots, and I play a lot of multiplayer.
Edited by MagusHenosis#1202 on 12/3/2012 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am new to the Diablo series. I never played D2, but I was a WoW player for many years and have played a multitude of RPG games.

I am currently Level 54 or so and am playing Act 2 Hell Difficulty.

I was wondering what exactly do I do when I hit 60. I've read and researched bits and pieces of information, but there are some things that confuse me.

First, do I just continue to play the game until I hit a wall in where I'm finding it hard to kill creatures? I have a feeling I will hit this wall somewhere in Inferno difficulty.

Once I hit that wall, I understand I have to farm for gold / items in order to progress. I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

Is farming mostly for people who have hit a wall in inferno? I assume Hell difficulty is not the difficulty I will need to "farm" in?

Just hoping I could get some comments and guidance as to what the Diablo 3 endgame is all about. I don't care if people says it sucks or its a grindfest. I like grindfests, its why I bought the game. I'm just unsure what to do and how to go about doing it.

Also, I keep hearing / seeing things about Uber bosses and keys / machines. Could someone also explain whats this all about?

Hoping to read a bunch of answers! Thanks for helping a newbie!

My most honest advice: Never read any posts listed in any of the forum topics except the ones that are written by Blizzard. Whatever that are written by other players would have high chances to make you hate the game.
Reply Quote
Finding more and better magic items is critical to overcoming challenges and defeating enemies in Diablo III, particularly on higher difficulties. Magic find is a unique item property that can help you drastically improve your haul. It is tracked in the Inventory menu (Inventory > Details > Adventure).

But what does that really mean?

Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

When a monster drops an item, Diablo III randomly determines the item’s quality from a chart that includes item quality and the number of affixes present. The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

For example, if a monster has a 4% chance to drop a 6-affix rare item and you have +50% magic find, it now has a 6% chance to drop that item.

Item quality is checked in the following order:

Legendary
6-affix rare
5-affix rare
4-affix rare
2-affix rare
1-affix rare
magic item
Using the above example, when your roll ‘misses’ a higher-level item quality, the item generator proceeds to the next lowest item quality in the chain (in this case, checking to see if you got a 6-affix rare, then checking for a 5-affix rare, and so on). Your magic find bonus applies to each roll. If the same monster has a 10% chance to drop a 5-affix rare item and you have 50% magic find, you now have a 15% chance to get a 5-affix rare item.
Edited by Anastasian#1563 on 12/3/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/03/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Zaino
Join a game and drop a gibbering gemstone on the ground in the middle of 50 lazer beams, molten, poison and 1342456 mobs while you spin away laughing at the bots trying to pick it up.

best tip in the whole thread
Reply Quote
Congrats on joining late! With 10m you can have gear that's 80pct of the way to what someone invested 1000 of hrs has due to super low prices.

Since you're starting I suggest a barb as your first class since they seem to be everyone favorite farmer. I had a 60on all class and barbs are pretty fun to farm with but they're not my style since they run slower then my monk.

Look up on YouTube 1.0.5 budget ww barb guide. You should be able to get an awesome set for 3m gold if you follow some of those guide.

I say invest 2 dollars on gold then you should have 6 or 7m.
That's enough to get a good starter set and help you grind. Grind act 3 inferno. Starts the act on the lag quest and work back words. Look up an alkaizer run. That the farm run most people use.
Reply Quote
Once you hit 60:

- The game is 100% an item hunt, and this hunt only really begins at 60.
- You have 100 more levels to grind. Relative to the time it takes to reach plvl100 you have played about 1% with your progress from 1-60.
- You have 4 more classes to level.
- You have 5 classes to level in Hardcore which is particularly fun.
- There are a LOT of achievements to hunt!
Reply Quote
Welcome to Diablo : )

Just wanted to say don't listen to the haters that complain the game gets boring because it lacks content... They paid a one time fee... sure a thousand hours of play time later they've seen everything many times over but that's plenty of bang for you buck if you think about it. If you play for 4 months you've gotten you moneys worth out of it.

MisterAjikko is somewhat correct also, lots of Negative Nancy's here on the forums. Not that it's not useful, just be prepared to navigate an ocean of pessimism trying to get anything out of it. As you are a WoW player, I'm sure you sailed those seas many times already and it will not be any great leap.

Anyways, have fun and may fortune shine upon your rolls.
Reply Quote
-If you have a good net connection, do not forget to try the hardcore mode. It is much more challenging.

-Also, if you can help it, and if you do not have a brain fitted with the mega forum qq filter, do not bother reading other threads a lot in the forums.

- With respect to gearing, you could have people tell you everything, about everything and gear you to the neck. But your skill would remain mediocre then. If you take my advice, just try to enjoy the content, don't rush it. Gear according to your needs. For e.g. don't try to invest in too much life sustain (LOH/LS) until you feel you are dying a lot for the lack thereof.

It'll cost more. You will make mistakes. BUT it will be more rewarding in the end.
Reply Quote
I definitely agree with the level every character to 60 and then settle on which one you like best approach. Try out a WW barb if you want, I did because everyone else was doing it, decided it really wasn't to my taste and settled on a weapon throw barb for a long time that worked great for me. The best advice I can give is don't neglect the gold AH. I hit a big wall early on because I didn't want to use the GAH, but at level 60 all of a sudden you can get weapons with 800-1000 dps for 50k, which should be a fraction of the gold you've accumulated playing through the first three difficulties. Bear in mind, for that price that DPS is about all you'll get on those items (no stat mods, sockets or crit damage most of the time) but it'll work.

To really get yourself on your feet financially I recommend making a gold finding character and doing 1-2 minute runs of the Arreat Core on hell difficulty. Get yourself up to 300% gold find, find some music or an audiobook or something, and just space out and do that run until you're bored to tears. You should make about 400-500k per hour, which should be enough to get you to the point where you can afford to farm more interesting places for items instead of just gold. Feel free to add me and I'll help you out if I can, but I'm not exactly pro myself, just speaking from experience.
Reply Quote
hey bud,
well ur lucky because u havent done all the mp leverls yet or ubers. after that though we have nothing to do at all. We didnt get given new characters, pvp or any new quest. There is nothing left at all to do except the same act3 run over and over and over and .........
i hate to admit that to u. but hey u still got another 3 weeks untill u do ubers and everything! good luck bud enjoy ur 3 weeks
Reply Quote
hey bud,
well ur lucky because u havent done all the mp leverls yet or ubers. after that though we have nothing to do at all. We didnt get given new characters, pvp or any new quest. There is nothing left at all to do except the same act3 run over and over and over and .........
i hate to admit that to u. but hey u still got another 3 weeks untill u do ubers and everything! good luck bud enjoy ur 3 weeks

...Did you not understand the concept of a Diablo game when you bought it? It's not like Zelda or something where you get a lot of content and it takes you a long time to play to the end. They're grinding games, they always have been. If you don't like grinding, I recommend finding a new game. Certainly this one has its flaws, but people have a tendency to compare it to post 1.11 D2 X-Pac, which had been perfected over years of patches (not to mention an X-Pac). Give it time.
Reply Quote
Buy gold, purchase good gear, farm in no time. That's the point of this game, may as well get to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]