Diablo® III

New to Diablo, what exactly do I do now?

Should help as well: http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/
Reply Quote
View profile
Once hitting lv60...

Depends on your class, stack all resist(unless monk/wd) whenever possible.
Choose LifeOnHit(1k+ hp/hit) until you have pass 70k+ dps, then switch to LifeSteal(get 5%+)
Don't bother yourself with Infernal Machine rings, yet. Nor spend gold on crafting plans(they suck atm).
Trophy hunting/leveling new hero class until PVP comes out(soon).

If you have trouble gearing, I can suggest you farm Leoric Signet, Legendary ring(lv17 - drops only Act II Normal, -- Vault of Assassins and Desolate Sands). A signet with 20% exp bonus sells for 29mil on the auction house excluding tax.
Reply Quote
I've played since launch... and i still don't know what to do...
Reply Quote
Once you reach endgame you will get bored of:

-The AH - It's pure business, don't be a fool and spend real money. They will make you feel like you have to - but don't, it's not worth it.
-Try to join public games that have people you know in them - otherwise, you will be joining with bots and/or poor players.
-Once you get bored with SC you might want to try HC, you'll become a better player and find a better community.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:01 PMPosted by randallross
Join a game and drop a gibbering gemstone on the ground in the middle of 50 lazer beams, molten, poison and 1342456 mobs while you spin away laughing at the bots trying to pick it up.

best tip in the whole thread

Does this really work? I guess you could drop any legendary?
Reply Quote
There are some great tips in this thread. :)

I'd also suggest checking out our comprehensive blogs concerning [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/"]Monster Power[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/"]the Infernal Machine Event[/url] (which becomes available at level 60).

monster power is available from the start of the game
Reply Quote
If you want to compare the farm grind of d3 to something from WoW, I'd compare it to the epic mount gold grind back in vanilla, before the advent of daily quests. I had a place in Azshara (I think that's what it was called, haven't touched WoW for like 3 years) that spawned these level 51-52 blood elves and dropped runecloth. Basically all I did was just run around in a circle around that place over and over and over and over (etc etc you get the idea) for runecloth/enchant mats to sell on the AH.
Reply Quote
I would say that MF does help. I run with a WD friend, and he has 0% MF only paragon levels. I run with max MF from gear (minus paragon levels) and I find roughly twice as many legendaries as he does. (Granted most of them are worthless, but so are his)

You may not notice much of a difference until you hit around 250% MF.

My personal strategy was start on MP1 with max MF, and slowly replace your MF gear with better MF gear, or DPS gear as you paragon level. As your DPS increases you'll be able to farm higher MP levels, which will add MF on top of your max level.

Right now I run MP4 pretty quickly with max MF from gear (as much as humanly possible from gear). And I'm slowly starting to replace my MF gear with DPS gear.

Its true! You will be able to farm higher MP faster if you gear for DPS. And its true that more MP = more MF. But running a high MP is slower due to their increased health.

Another strategy
, is to gear for pure DPS, run at the highest MP level you can to farm keys and get your hellfire ring for bonus XP and then grind XP to raise your MF. But I find that the lack of legendaries during the process of grinding EXP is boring. I'd rather level up slowly and find more legendaries along the way.
Reply Quote
1) reach lvl 60 in 1-2 days WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING from AH/RMAH
2) buy some items for 10-20m
3) farm Act III Inferno mp1 and sell the items you get

...profit. There's nothing more to do.
Reply Quote
Hi, I am close to about 2 weeks into the game and I've been having a blast. I was looking through the achievements and I wanted to get Naked Lust on single player. I almost killed Cydera and teleported out of the way to take off my gear.

Storm Crow Helm, Tal Rasha's Amulet(Vitality Flawless Star), Zunimassa's Pox and Morrow with 3 Flawless Star Topaz and a Flawless Star Emerald, Tasker and Theo and a Vile Ward.

If the little spider had not killed me, I would have taken it all off. I thought at respawn I would be able to pick it back up, but it was not there! Please help! So distressed. After looking at the forums and trying to get in contact with customer support I'm getting more depressed. Very disheartening to find out after the fact.

Please, any information helps for new players to understand how the game works without having precious items you'd pay real money for disappear.
Reply Quote
It's Diablo, it depends on your personality dude. Up until inferno first try, it has been quite linear. Afterwards, here is what people do:
1.) If you find fulfillment in efficiency and gear improvement, farm as much paragon levels as possible. Legendary drops are determined more by killspeed than MF. This might be a bug, but it was true for me last month.

2.) If you find fulfillment in trading and gear improvement, try buying and selling in the AH. You might try low end items at low gold prices at first, then you can step it up to higher priced ones. You might even do buy and sell... if you're a businessman by calling. My suggestion is try gold AH until you're ready for RMAH.

3.) If you find fulfillment in just gear improvement and bragging, try buying from AH, learn a build and show off in public games.

4.) If you find fulfillment in risk management, try hardcore... you will have to manage all unforeseen events like bugs and disconnects which are not your fault. But for me, it's hardcore and it's more useful in real life.

5.) If you find fulfillment in gear improvement against stronger and stronger foes... fight the uber bosses "ladder". Uber bosses are secret bosses. To get to them you must farm portals. Monster Power is a way of increasing difficulty and the chance of getting rewards from these bosses. The higher the MP, the harder the bosses and try to beat the MP10 uber bosses... which require high (not insanely high as prices are going down) gear requirements. Uber bosses are not as accessible as normal bosses because their rooms require expendable portals to open.

6.) If you find fulfillment in greater challenge, try hardcore no-AH or hardcore no-repeat-quests. These are unofficial versions and has been suggested by popular gamers like Kripp and Moldran.

7.) If you want entertainment, watch Athene, Kripp, Moldran, Kingkongor, Archon and other game streamers. They are fun and offer good insight about the game. You might also want to see hardcore death compilations on youtube.... see someone break the keyboard because their characters died due to lag or bad moves
Reply Quote
I also forgot about a few things:
8.) Achievement hunting
9.) Join or fight the trollfest in general chat or forums
Reply Quote
1. you play the game. :3
2. hmmm do what you like i suppose.
Reply Quote
If you want to compare the farm grind of d3 to something from WoW, I'd compare it to the epic mount gold grind back in vanilla, before the advent of daily quests. I had a place in Azshara (I think that's what it was called, haven't touched WoW for like 3 years) that spawned these level 51-52 blood elves and dropped runecloth. Basically all I did was just run around in a circle around that place over and over and over and over (etc etc you get the idea) for runecloth/enchant mats to sell on the AH

Do this only if you find fulfillment in trading.
Reply Quote
I'm not near lvl 60 but this game is good and have started 3 characters. Alot of negative people which is fine play WOW.
Reply Quote
avoid the real money auction house until pvp is released
Reply Quote
most important part is do what is fun for you, go at your own pace. Dont get burnt out trying to do everything all at once. Find a second game to play in addition, saved this game for me! I know alot of people will troll and say how bad or how much they hate this game, but it really is alot of fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]