Diablo® III

Zero CD dogs build

OK, how much will it cost to buy the gear for a "decent" zero CD dogs build?

What is the general consensus on it getting nerfed? It sounds fun and very effective, but I don't want to save up for something that will be ineffective after buying the gear.

Thanks!

Also, what is considered the best pet build on a budget (if there is such a thing).
Reply Quote
any build with pets is a pet build. You cant really build around your pets to do massive dmg if thats what you are talking about.
Reply Quote
As long as you can get at least 50k base damage for a Zero Dogs build, then you are set. The best way of going about this is getting CD Dog Reduction in the least slots as possible. The cheapest way to do it is Skullgrasp ring -6sec, Visage of Guiya -9sec, and a Homunculus -19sec. I think overall this should cost under 100m. Depending on the skullgrasp pricing, the Homunculus can be had for like under 40m now and Visage is only couple million.

I haven't been using it for that long, but I see no reason why it should/would get nerfed. It is not OP at all. From my experience it is about on par with standard Monk and DH builds for farming, speed-wise. Not even close to being as strong or as fast as a WW Barb or Archon Wiz. But, it is sure fun! Most fun I've had with a build in a long, long time.
Reply Quote
skullgrasp rings are expensive nowadays, even the non int ones. i think the cheapest would be 9sec visage, homunculus, Maras kaleidoscope, SoJ.

yeah, youre looking at 100m minimum for a 6s skullgrasp, 400m minimum for a 6s skullgrasp if you want INT on it. Definitely not the cheapest way to go right now.

You are gona have to get a visage, then split the rest of the cooldown you need between a SOJ, Maras Kaleidoscope, and Homunculus.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/3/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
As long as you can get at least 50k base damage for a Zero Dogs build, then you are set. The best way of going about this is getting CD Dog Reduction in the least slots as possible. The cheapest way to do it is Skullgrasp ring -6sec, Visage of Guiya -9sec, and a Homunculus -19sec. I think overall this should cost under 100m. Depending on the skullgrasp pricing, the Homunculus can be had for like under 40m now and Visage is only couple million.

I haven't been using it for that long, but I see no reason why it should/would get nerfed. It is not OP at all. From my experience it is about on par with standard Monk and DH builds for farming, speed-wise. Not even close to being as strong or as fast as a WW Barb or Archon Wiz. But, it is sure fun! Most fun I've had with a build in a long, long time.

Thanks! This information was exactly what I needed.
Reply Quote
Sorry for missing basic knowledge.
What is a WW.barb?

How fast/strong are they (WW barb, archon wiz) actually?
Reply Quote
I believe they are talking about a whirlwind Barb.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/03/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Luffy
How fast/strong are they (WW barb, archon wiz) actually?

I liken it to a hot knife saying hi to butter
Reply Quote
I also want to do a zero CD dog build, but I don't think I can afford it :(
Reply Quote
You can get 120k dps zero dog for less than 300m.
Reply Quote
If i buy the three or four pieces needed, does the damage of the dogs get calculated off your dps or is it its own damage . I seen the youtube vid of the guy with 45 k damage then after stacks he was around 89k . I wanna do 300 k dps.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 11:40 PMPosted by VI6SIX
If i buy the three or four pieces needed, does the damage of the dogs get calculated off your dps or is it its own damage . I seen the youtube vid of the guy with 45 k damage then after stacks he was around 89k . I wanna do 300 k dps.

i dont understand what youre saying, seems like youre just completely lost.

gruesome feast gives 50% more intellect, soul harvest gives more intellect max stacks 5, slam dance gives you 30% increased dmg 20% ias. Zombie dogs 275%wpn per dog explosion based on your weapon swing.

DPS on character sheet has nothing to do with dmg output.

your actual skills are based on your weapon hit, your weapon dmg +whatever%more dmg u get from your intelligence, you take that number then multiply by the % of the skill.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Soundb

gruesome feast gives 50% more intellect, soul harvest gives more intellect max stacks 5, slam dance gives you 30% increased dmg 20% ias. Zombie dogs 275%wpn per dog explosion based on your weapon swing.

your actual skills are based on your weapon hit, your weapon dmg +whatever%more dmg u get from your intelligence, you take that number then multiply by the % of the skill.

I am not him, but I am lost. So improving base weapon damage and INT are the only way to increase zombie dog damage, right?
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Travar
You can get 120k dps zero dog for less than 300m.

Please tell me how and sell me some of the items. I don't have 300m gold, but I can probably get there slowly.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:24 PMPosted by jst3p

I am not him, but I am lost. So improving base weapon damage and INT are the only way to increase zombie dog damage, right?

every skill we have is based like that.... you increase zombie dog dmg the same way as everyone else and every other spec, by getting damage stats. Zombie dogs will always be lower base DPS on sheets just for the fact we have to use a Homunculus. The strength and some of what makes up for the low Homunculus is the fact that Sacrifice is an 1100% AOE Weapon dmg move (with zombie handler 4x275%) , the highest scaling single target AND AOE ability we have, as well as the fact that we keep up gruesome feast, the 50% INT buff passive, nearly 100% of the time, no other spec can do this.

Another Pro of this build is that we heal for 24k health everytime we sacrifice, and once you reach a certain amount of DPS you can drop the 'For The Master' Rune and run with 'Provoke the pack' if you pick up an LS weapon, which is 15% more DMG buff.

Dont be fooled by character sheet numbers, although DPS on paper is lower than others, our DMG output is extremely high due to our build.

Compare it to, a 200k DPS WD spamming bears vs a 200k DPS WD spamming Poison Darts. The Poison Darts WD has far less DMG output than the Bear WD, its the same thing with us. From personal experience, a 100k Sacrifice build has far more DMG output than a 200k Bears build.
Reply Quote
I can definitly vouche for the fact that a 0 cd zombie dog build is far more effective than a 200k dps bears build in terms of damage over time and almost even damage per second. the paper dps is low but with SH + GF + the fact that sac is a higher % than zombie bears makes this build potentially output way more damage than most zombie charger + primary builds, and also makes you basically invincible...
Reply Quote
i just buffed my dps to max and it hits 275k paper, this is bbv+ sh+gf of course, 98k without. during bbv the dogs crit around 900k+++ (obviously you dont always have perfect stacks but with 5/5 its over 1m crits) with just a couple sh or gf stacks while running thru trash, crits are 400k-600k+, the biggest draw to this is that your invulnerable, each sac is like 26k ( so 26k hp per second)hp+globes, and you constant cast and never go OOM..ever..
Edited by HashAssassin#1855 on 12/5/2012 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
So do people mainly go "for the master" or "pride" or "provoke the pack" for the sac rune?

I have a lot of LoH and am going to periodically be casting acid cloud for proc effects + some healing. That and the globes, I would assume I wouldn't need to go "for the master"? Though I'll be blowing up my dogs, so they won't really be there to tank.

Does 0 CD ZD eat up a bunch of mana? I'll also be going GF, so would the mana from the globes be enough to refill my mana even with an occasional acid cloud cast?

If I don't need for the master or pride, I guess provoke the pack is the way to go as it's a PtV replacement.
Reply Quote
So do people mainly go "for the master" or "pride" or "provoke the pack" for the sac rune?

I have a lot of LoH and am going to periodically be casting acid cloud for proc effects + some healing. That and the globes, I would assume I wouldn't need to go "for the master"? Though I'll be blowing up my dogs, so they won't really be there to tank.

Does 0 CD ZD eat up a bunch of mana? I'll also be going GF, so would the mana from the globes be enough to refill my mana even with an occasional acid cloud cast?

If I don't need for the master or pride, I guess provoke the pack is the way to go as it's a PtV replacement.

I actually tested this earlier, at 62k DPS for me, in MP8, My 3% Lifesteal from my manajuma keeps me alive and I could use provoke the Pack for extra dmg. Although with For the Master+Lifesteal I am able to stand in desecrate, arcane lasers,+Reflect ontop of 10mobs beating on me constantly. Couldnt do it with just lifesteal. The only time I really die is when i get hit by 3 lasers at once, or a bunch of hardhitting mobs all hit me at once, basically effectively killing me in like 1/10th of a second.

I personally wouldnt go LoH with this build, kind of gets rid of the whole reason of the build. You wouldnt be spending your time in melee constantly healing yourself and exploding dogs for max DPS. You would be wasting a lot of time using skills to proc loh instead of taking advantage of the high DPS this build puts out. Wouldnt be effective with LoH and you might as well just go a normal build instead of Sac.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/5/2012 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
yea LOH is useless for this build, LS + for the master+ globes means that per sac ur rly getting 30K hp per second. ive also picked up humgoloid gargantuan just because my homunculus has a nice cd reduction for that and he does a rly nice burst of dmg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]