Diablo® III

What's the biggest Avengered mob in the game?

Just something light for General discussion since most of the topics are whining or complaining(actually, I htink that's 90% of them really). Just wondering. So far I think the biggest I've seen is Avengered Phase Beasts. Never seen tremor rams with Avenger, I imagine they might get even bigger.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think the largest Avenger monster I have ever seen was a Blood Clan Occultist. When I saw it I wanted to treat it like a punch balloon but I didn't have a Butchers Sickle or Ancient Spear.
Reply Quote
I think the largest Avenger monster I have ever seen was a Blood Clan Occultist. When I saw it I wanted to treat it like a punch balloon but I didn't have a Butchers Sickle or Ancient Spear.

Haha that is funny.
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 12/3/2012 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
phasebeast, hands down.

not even those bulls in a1 can compare to the size of a fully avengered phasebeast.

how big? almost azmo size
Reply Quote
I lol'd at Grimiku's comment with an actual image of a punch balloon!!! Hahahahahaha!!!
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 07:11 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
mine was an elite phasebeast

Yeah me too. Or at least the bigger I can remember. I imagine that the largest possible would be a mallet lord. The shield bubble looks so small on them. It is like their shielding their slippers to proctect their feet form the cold.

Gosh... now I want to see an avenger shielding mallet lord!

Dear santa,
Forget about the gifts. Now I want an avenger shielding mallet lord.

Thank you, Guybrush
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 12/3/2012 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think the biggest is the Grotesque
Reply Quote
Those guys in act 4 that have the huge slam attack. I don't know what they are called.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:32 PMPosted by CoasterMan
Those guys in act 4 that have the huge slam attack. I don't know what they are called.

mallet guys get massive
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:32 PMPosted by CoasterMan

mallet lord
Reply Quote
I've never seen a Mallet Lord elite pack, been wondering if they exist
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Elessar54R

They didn't exist for a while there, but some patch, I think 1.0.4, enabled elite possibilities for mallet lords and other kinds of monsters.
Reply Quote
You know those mobs in act 1 that get bigger when one of the bangs on a drum? Can the elite version of those get larger from that too? and would it stack with avenger?
Reply Quote
make avenger diablo. then everybody will taste the true inferno.
Reply Quote
Right, 'cause this is much more useful than a thread outlining problems with the game (and maybe possible solutions)...
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Elessar54R

Yeah they exist and they're worse than ugly if you're not prepared for them.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Traveler

Yeah they exist and they're worse than ugly if you're not prepared for them.

They exist all right... Avenger/Mortar/Fast/Vortex (or something like that) Mallet Lord Champion pack in Act IV Inferno. Killed me 9-10 times before I managed to whittle them down. Biggest (no pun intended) effing PITA champion pack I ever encountered EVER.

I should have reset the game, but I was too damn stubborn (and didn't want to lose my NV stack).

It wouldn't have nearly been so bad if it hadn't been a mob that hits so freaking hard even BEFORE the Avenger power-up.
Reply Quote
Highland Walker, oh wait... those elites don't exist...

Too bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]