Diablo® III

Anyone get saved via Spirit Vessel? HC WD...

I now have a lvl 47 WD...will keep Spirit Vessel always but am over geared so I haven't needed it yet.

Curious as to how many here have had their guy saved due to SV?
Reply Quote
I think I have proc'd it 3 times in my WDs life. Thing is the only reason i proc'd it tho is because I play looser having spirit vessel. I take more risks plus if spirit vessel didnt exist I would have a nice helpful passive there that would help me live anyways.

In my case SV is more of an added layer to DC protection(although the one 60 I did lose was to a DC and I was using SV)
Reply Quote
My spirit vessel has being popped over 30 times.... if not 50.
Reply Quote
I was the same way... cocky. Didnt have SV proc while leveling but let me tell you... that one time you get a little too cocky and dont run when maybe you should have, you will be thankful it is on and learn from it :)
Reply Quote
Mine proc'ed once on inferno Act 4 KW.

Lost my first char about 20 min after I took it off thinking I wouldn't need it.
Reply Quote
I suspect there are many, many WD's who have been saved by WD.

I was messing around w/ BBV runes one time, had it on the one w/ a kind of red aura, and was not paying close enough attention - and missed that I was standing on a desecrate. That was the first time I had SV pop. It doesn't happen very often - but I've had it pop now and then.
Reply Quote
Quite a few times actually. Till I reached A3-inferno it never activated even once.
But since then it has saved my toon a few times. I am never going to remove it from my passives.

Just a few hours back while playing in the Keeps level-2 I ran into a double elite pack with molten, firechains, arcane and vortex. As soon as I opened the door I was vortexed into chaos and within 3 seconds SV activated. I immediately hit spirit walk and managed to get out of there alive.
Reply Quote
I proc SV between 4 and 15 times per day. This is not a joke or exaggeration, ask the people who run with me.

And if you're wondering - the dead p42 WD on my profile died due to disconnect, not a legitimate death.

Edit - there are several times per day that I actually proc it ON PURPOSE to get out of bad situations. If I'm at 5% life and in a situation where a health potion won't help me, I'll wait until SV procs so I get the free spirit walk and use the health potion while spirit walking.
Edited by Diomedes#1380 on 12/4/2012 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im my short life span of my First WD (P6) It saved me about two times. It is obviously a must have for HC. Never take it off, because as soon as you do BOOM it hits you like a train, and you will wish you would have had it. It will more than likely save you more times than you can count. (If you are not stupid like I was)
Edited by GreedyJew#1142 on 12/4/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
AWESOME posts. I enjoyed every comment. I saw the passive when I first rolled WD and was like "daaaaaaaaamn...really? I have to have me some of that...I mean how many classes have a Get Out of Death card?"
Reply Quote

Edit - there are several times per day that I actually proc it ON PURPOSE to get out of bad situations. If I'm at 5% life and in a situation where a health potion won't help me, I'll wait until SV procs so I get the free spirit walk and use the health potion while spirit walking.

I sort-of did that once. I had SW'd to run through a waller wall and for some reason, I clipped against it instead of moving through it. Basically, if I'd stayed where I was, I'd have been in a real, real bad spot when SV proc'd, so I ran the other way into the middle of a pile of mobs while my SW was still on. kept fighting once I got there, let SV proc, used it to run through the rest of the mobs, then started running until SW came off cooldown, SW'd again, ran some more, kept doing that until I de-aggro'd the mobs (they actually chased me through two full SW uses before I was far enough away), then ported to town and let my SV cooldown expire.

Was kind of scary. But I'm glad I thought quickly, made a plan, and executed it when my original 'SW through this wall and back off the mobs a little' tactical plan failed (due to clipping against the wall).

Which brings up another question - how many people have run into that 'SW doesn't move through a waller wall'? Most of the time it works but every once in a while I clip against the wall instead of moving through it.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 12/4/2012 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Now that i think of it, a afriend and i were in A3MP0 farming and he suddenly DC's as we are engaging a champ pack. If it wasnt for his SV he was a goner! I managed to stall them long enough for his 10 sec timer to expire and leave the game with under 10% life left!
Reply Quote
my brother was doing MP0 or we believe it was; he resumed a game and was in tower 2 with a pack of waller champion that throw fireball; were not sure what happened but he took 1 fireball and his 50k hp went to 0(with 400 res and like 3500 armor) and the thing proced and he ran to the door so fast lol.
Edited by Asura#1611 on 12/4/2012 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I will never play my WD without spirit vessel, you never know when bad things are gonna happen. Like encounter 2 packs of elite at once ect... if you believe you got the skill and luck to pull off without spirit vessel by all means be my guest.
Reply Quote
i get saved by it on a daily basis
Reply Quote
As someone above mentioned, since I have SV I play much more loose and risky. Essentially if I am running Zombie Bears I will run SV or I will usually not run SV if I am running an Acid Cloud/Sacrifice build style.

I just don't view SV as a necessity for HC-WD play, I have only had 1 SV rpoc and 1 death where SV would have saved me. My other deaths SV could not have done anything to help (extreme lag spikes [2 deaths])
Reply Quote
FinnishHymn (plvl 23) has only procced SV twice, but never since around plvl 3. Even so, I wouldn't dream of taking it off.
Edited by JiJin#3245 on 12/4/2012 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Had SV pop for the first time yesterday and it did it's job. Running on ACT 3 Inferno Mp1 and got vortexed into a large pack of those spider things and it popped almost instantly. Its proc gave me enough time to pop a health pot and kept me alive until SW was off cool down. That was the first time I was below 50% health in a long time and I'm soooo glad I kept it as a passive.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Jackyboy
Had SV pop for the first time yesterday and it did it's job. Running on ACT 3 Inferno Mp1 and got vortexed into a large pack of those spider things and it popped almost instantly. Its proc gave me enough time to pop a health pot and kept me alive until SW was off cool down. That was the first time I was below 50% health in a long time and I'm soooo glad I kept it as a passive.

And this right here is why it is so tough to take off your bar. even though it is "meh" for 99% of your play time, that 1% it is clutch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]