Diablo® III

Anyone get saved via Spirit Vessel? HC WD...

you should intentionally practice popping spirit vessel from time to time. it's really insane when it happens and you don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
Mine proc'ed once while leveling my WD. My lvl 60 friend was running me through Hell Azmodan MP5, and I was way under level/geared. I thought everything was cool, and I was hiding at the bottom of the map with full HP and no worries. I'm not sure what he did, but all of a sudden something hit me, the screen went red, and I saw that spirit vessel had proc'ed. Whew. Wish all my characters could have that ability :)
Reply Quote
Never procced it, but come close enough times that I'm so glad it's there as an extra insurance policy. I feel naked on my Barb/DH without a passive that gives me a second chance.
Reply Quote
I think I've hit it 3x so far, though not for a long while. Saved me from a fire grate, the ACT III keywarden (before nerf... holy crap) and a disgusting volley of like 2Dozen mortar shots.

Honestly though, the -2 secs on spirit walk is also very helpful. Along with grave injustice it keeps spirit walk available basically forever.
Reply Quote
I run with a buddy of mine and he seems to proc it every time we play. Once or twice. a session. It was his first dive into HC and he asked me what class to play and i definitely recommended WD because i knew he would die a lot.
Reply Quote
About 3 days ago was my first pop of spirit vessal on current WD (my dead wd I popped it like 6 times) MP1 in the Oasis where the unique monster appears with the suicide fallen that jump out of the water. Mistimed spirit walk and 2 of those guys hit me OUCH 'Whatever you do don't let those guys hit you :)~
Reply Quote
I've only triggered SV once. I was playing sloppy against a champion pack of fire chains/teleporter/fast/RD flesh rippers in the keep depths lvl 2. Almost ran into a fallen maniac while I was trying to get the hell out of dodge, too.

12/04/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Anomie
Which brings up another question - how many people have run into that 'SW doesn't move through a waller wall'? Most of the time it works but every once in a while I clip against the wall instead of moving through it.

I don't think you can ever use SW to run through waller walls.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 12/4/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Anomie
I sort-of did that once. I had SW'd to run through a waller wall and for some reason, I clipped against it instead of moving through it.

So I didn't know you could run through waller walls with SW. I tried it just now though and i couldn't do it.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Sunshine
don't think you can ever use SW to run through waller walls.
Reply Quote
Dont try to run through a waller wall with any sort of spirit form. Thats a quick way to die lol.
Reply Quote
If its not procing every now & then u playinf the WD class wrong.
Reply Quote
Man, walking through walls would be a godsend! Waller is basically the only affix that bothers me, when it comes with something like vortex, teleport or fast. Everything else I can mostly stand in or run through while taking mobs down, probably safely up to MP3.

12/04/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Battle123
Once you become a pro WD farmer, you'll realize that popping SV is a part of WD play and shouldn't be seen as failure if it happens. The whole point of WD is to go in and bear the crap out of everything and hope things die before they touch you.

That's one kind of WD. The whole point of my WD is to have superb armor and resists with a shield, so that Frightening Aspect becomes 8 seconds of invulnerability to keep on rotation with SW. Once I did that, I could focus on gradually acquiring gear that would give me nice dps at the same time.
Reply Quote
Never proc'ed on me, but only level 56, and in A2 Hell.
Reply Quote
If its not procing every now & then u playinf the WD class wrong.

Well, you can play it right like Sigol and be dead in Act 3, or play it wrong like me, alive at 60(23) and on the verge of getting a Hellfire Ring, or wrong like Sunshine, also alive and kicking at 60(19) after taking SV seriously.

Take your pick.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:21 PMPosted by JiJin
Well, you can play it right like Sigol and be dead in Act 3, or play it wrong like me, alive at 60(23) and on the verge of getting a Hellfire Ring, or wrong like Sunshine, also alive and kicking at 60(19) after taking SV seriously.

Haha, thanks. I appreciate the shout out. In my view, it's a matter of style more than a matter of there being a right or wrong way to play. I try to strike a balance between speed (love me some bears!) and safety (rarely fall below 60% life) that works for me. Other people are comfortable with a different balance - it's all good.

Anyway, the person who really deserves a shout out for success with a conservative approach to SV is LSU, with his lvl 60(62) WD and invariably pleasant presence on the forums:

12/04/2012 07:13 AMPosted by LSU
I think I have proc'd it 3 times in my WDs life. Thing is the only reason i proc'd it tho is because I play looser having spirit vessel. I take more risks plus if spirit vessel didnt exist I would have a nice helpful passive there that would help me live anyways.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 12/4/2012 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Sunshine
In my view, it's a matter of style more than a matter of there being a right or wrong way to play. I try to strike a balance between speed (love me some bears!) and safety (rarely fall below 60% life) that works for me. Other people are comfortable with a different balance - it's all good.

Oh, I agree. It's just the fact that the dude flat out said we were "doing it wrong". :-)

A lot of people would see my WD gameplay and think "crazy" -- a typical pattern of engagement is (i)spam bears (ii)spirit walk through the middle of whatever plagued/arcane/flames there are to grab globes for Gruesome Feast (iii) drop addling toads along the way (iv) continue to stand near all the scary stuff, shoot some bears again and quickly hit Horrify just in case. It feels extremely badass, especially in co-op with people who have never seen a WD tank like that before.

I never even come close to proccing SV playing like this because I use a shield and have the #2 WD armor in the world (but check out #1, it's amusing), and also the #1 WD regen on the Asian server at least.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/04/2012 11:35 PMPosted by JiJin
#1 WD regen on the Asian server at least.

Do I even want to know how much. I was nearing 2K before my last WD died and I was #8 US I think. Back to 1.5K regen now =) time to start building my equipment back up while I level some no-AH characters on the side.
Reply Quote
saved me a ton of times
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Lykotic
Do I even want to know how much. I was nearing 2K before my last WD died and I was #8 US I think. Back to 1.5K regen now =) time to start building my equipment back up while I level some no-AH characters on the side.

Just 1.7 or 1.4 depending on the shield. I'm using my +spider damage shield now, so looks like I'm #3. US has many higher, for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]