Diablo® III

Anyone get saved via Spirit Vessel? HC WD...

At paragon 15.5, I had it proc at least 10 times by now, but only because I know I got a second chance and can play my WD a bit more recklessly cause of it, I know one of these days it will get me, but SV is really the best ability in the game on HC imo.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:32 AMPosted by JiJin
FinnishHymn (plvl 23) has only procced SV twice, but never since around plvl 3. Even so, I wouldn't dream of taking it off.

Make that three times, just a minute ago. :-/

Farming for Act 2 keys, restarted saved game in the Vault. Saw a blue light, threw spiders at it thinking it was a totem like I've seen near the entrance a few times, but it wasn't. Teleporting knockback frozen snakes were on me in a second. Bad instinct to spirit walk after the stun, because it came off just in time to get frozen. SV procced, I got out the portal, and had to scramble around dealing with the white lacuni up top with low life, but pulled through.

Thank you, Spirit Vessel!

Furthermore, after restarting the game, the very first white mob dropped a pretty decent Madstone with Deadly Reach (the skill my monk has been using)!

Hells yeah, Spirit Vessel! :-D
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Sunshine
I don't think you can ever use SW to run through waller walls.

I could swear I've done it, many, many times. Maybe I'm mistaken or misremembering (edit: or crazy), but I could swear it works most of the time.

(I guess it's possible that I was just assuming you could and have actually only tried it once or twice, but ... damn ... I could swear I've actually done it.)

Yeah, I dunno. I guess I'm nuts, or the walls were dropping anyway or something.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 12/5/2012 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ugh, this thread is jinxtastic. I just procced mine last night, got caught on an object or pillar or something and watched as a fire chains/desecrator/arcane mob dropped pain all around me. Fortunately once SV went off I was able to move off of it.
Reply Quote
I think it all comes down to style of play.

I've done the bears aggressive sytle where it proc'ed a lot - That WD is dead but I had fun playing that way. 2 waller champ packs and one had desecrate and the other arcane - yummy.

Currently doing all my damage from afar with this WD and having just as much fun. If SV is proc'ing I just go down a MP with this one. Scoundrel + Windforce = broken. Throw in an echoing fury and I rarely get touched. Not as efficient as bears but still fun.
Reply Quote
got saved by SV 2 mins ago , went to keep 3 moved a bit face to face with a big big baddie , vortex me in the middle of these 6 big big baddie , couldnt leech enough hit spirit vessel get to the waypoint hit bastion keep , vortex in the middle again , this time SV popped i hit pot now im thinking larder might be a safer bet than waypoint but hey its a millisecond i hit waypoint bastion keep and this time it worked.

Pheeeew
Reply Quote
I don't think you can ever use SW to run through waller walls.

I could swear I've done it, many, many times. Maybe I'm mistaken or misremembering (edit: or crazy), but I could swear it works most of the time.

(I guess it's possible that I was just assuming you could and have actually only tried it once or twice, but ... damn ... I could swear I've actually done it.)

Yeah, I dunno. I guess I'm nuts, or the walls were dropping anyway or something.

So I just tested this out a few times to make sure, but you can't run through waller walls for sure. Your guess that the walls were dropping anyway is probably right, or the walls didn't have you totally boxed in and you snuck through a crack.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 12/6/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:15 AMPosted by D3POKER
i hit pot now im thinking larder might be a safer bet than waypoint but hey its a millisecond i hit waypoint bastion keep and this time it worked.

If you go in there, you can still leave game as there's a part before the cutscene to fight ghom.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Sunshine
So I just tested this out a few times to make sure, but you can't run through waller walls for sure. Your guess that the walls were dropping anyway is probably right, or the walls didn't have you totally boxed in and you snuck through a crack.

Yeah, I definitely think it's something like that, now. Was farming a bit on my WD between my orig post and now and when I ran into a not-very-dangerous waller pack I'd try it right after the wall got put down - and every single time I collided.

TBH most of the time on my WD I just stay inside the wall and keep shooting, it's only ever been when I get too much desecrate or whatever inside that I've ever tried to use it as a wall escape.

So it's probably some combination of some weird circumstance making it look like it worked, + selective memory or something. Or I'm just crazy. Let's go w/ crazy for now ;)

So from my original post my plan should have been just to SW through the mobs to the other side of the pack anyway (and if I'd done that originally, directly, instead of trying to go through the wall first, I've had cleared the whole pack before SW ran out and not needed to proc SV).
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 12/6/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Paragon 20 now, I've procced it 3 times I believe. Twice in keeps depth 2 on the maniacs when they sneak up on me and blow me up, and once in Stonefort on a nasty frozen jailer vortex arcane pack with the Keywarden and they pulled me into a frozen orb and arcane beams right after I spirit walked out of the jail..

Would never run w/o SV, ever.
Edited by Nhayes#1895 on 12/6/2012 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Anomie
TBH most of the time on my WD I just stay inside the wall and keep shooting, it's only ever been when I get too much desecrate or whatever inside that I've ever tried to use it as a wall escape.

I do this, too. For bears, the best strategy is always to back up against a wall because the bears go farther and in a straight line. A waller wall works just as well as a real wall for this, and it makes me kind of love the waller affix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]