Diablo® III

My journey through HC - Monk

That's sad but at the same time, encouraging to see you will re-roll

Sip coffee until the re-roll is completed

As for me; still alive and turned 50 I think (or was it 49).Got a few scary moment in the Barracks...didn't remebered that Fallen Maniacs were having a "blast" in that location.

Was just remembering the Keep lvl 2 and a dungeon in the first outside place of A3 (feild of slaughter?)
Reply Quote
Guys, thank you so much for the encouragement! Truly appreciated. And as promised, I am back in game. Started this pm as soon as the servers were back up and now landed Level 10, playing MP 5. Yeah, I know... a bit crazy but I want to get back into the swing of things ASAP and continue this thread.

With that being said, that MP5 thing is only a temporary measure to help me lvl up fast so I can use the gear I stored in my stash. Already had access to 2 rings, rare pair of pants and gloves. Kinda cool. Whoever told me to do that, know that you are most def on my xmas list!!! So no worries guys... I'll drop the MP as soon as I feel the slightest bit of heat. Spud <--- My new HC Monk, is not going to die before lvl 60. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

Be well and stay safe my brothers in arms!

IO
Reply Quote
Glad to hear that IO

Add me whenever you play (Mulzan#1895), I'd be more than happy to grind with you later on. I'm sure you'll beat me to 60 (even if I'm at 49 atm).

Keeping all you lowbies items in stash on upgrade is surely a good thing; I'm trying to have a level 25 set of items, another for close to level 40 (that will allow to bring me to 55-60 i guess) than I'll grind my lvl 60 gear

I'll try to grind Normal A2 mp10 tonight/tomorrw to try to get a Leoric Signet. We could tag-a-long :) if you feel your hp allows it
Reply Quote
I've read all of this thread. Quite interesting. I'm currently running with my 2nd HC monk and not experiencing too many difficulties. My first one died close to end of A2 Hell game, lvl 56. Poor tactics at the time and over confidence got me slain...

One thing that I disagree with here though is the recommended parity between dex and vitality. i always tend to run with about a 3:2 ratio, the philosophy being that offence is the best form of defence. Kill them as quickly as possible. Decent dodge and high AC for damage reduction + firepower does it for me.
Reply Quote
Its a must to have at least 150 ar at act 1/2 hell and 300 act 3
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Bloodthirst

I'll remember that ballpark as I will (knock on un-d/c'ed wood) enter Hell in a short period of time
Reply Quote
Do you recommend being lvl 60 before starting act2 in Hell? It seems to be a tough place for people.
Reply Quote
Nah 150 all resist shud be enough 25k life and dps 6-7kish 54+ shud be sweet
Reply Quote
If u need lvls maybe get a cheeky few at leorics manor killing that biggroup of cultists there
Reply Quote
Wow, crazy session in terms of finds. Two legendaries along with a rare ring with dex/vit/crit chance and a socket.

That's in just finishing half the first act of NM.
Reply Quote
Glad to hear that IO

Add me whenever you play (Mulzan#1895), I'd be more than happy to grind with you later on. I'm sure you'll beat me to 60 (even if I'm at 49 atm).

Keeping all you lowbies items in stash on upgrade is surely a good thing; I'm trying to have a level 25 set of items, another for close to level 40 (that will allow to bring me to 55-60 i guess) than I'll grind my lvl 60 gear

I'll try to grind Normal A2 mp10 tonight/tomorrw to try to get a Leoric Signet. We could tag-a-long :) if you feel your hp allows it

I'll add you for sure when the time comes. As for farming a LS, I think your best bet is to farm alone at MP8 to 10, Mantra of Conviction - Submission. Since LS will only drop in Normal - ACT 2, Oasis (rare) to VoA (Desolate Sands), everything should die as soon as you come close, even E-packs. Just have to have enough DPS on your weapon and you won't have to lift a finger.

BTW, I farmed for so many hours prior to release of patch 1.0.5 and the HF ring for that LS that I still have nightmares about it. I wasted my time on that way to much for my taste and I think you can easily do without. Just put a nice ruby in your helm and you're set. So I'm sorry friend, but no, my LS farming era is long gone and I'm not about to do it again for the reasons mentioned above... but I do wish you the best of luck. Who knows, maybe you will find it.

Be well and stay safe!

IO
Edited by InstantOcean#1793 on 12/12/2012 4:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Bloodthirst

That's overkill imo. I mean I know I have a good leveling weapon and shield, but I had no resist gear at all until lvl 54 on my most recent run at which point I was half way through act 2. I just feel like with the gold you're going to spend on getting that absurd resist you're just better off getting a -10 level weapon with like 800 dps and just roflstomping hell all the way through 60.

I think my monk had about 150 res until lvl 60 while running MoH time of need and he had about 3k armor. I played him in duo with a WD though so maybe I was a little light on survivability due to his pets being able to tank for me. I just solo'd my barb 1-60 in 14 hours and she was doing act 3 with about 7.5k armor 100 resists and 35k hp. One thing I would definitely recommend against is going all the way to 60 before beleil. He's not as difficult as you think. It's going to take you like 10 hours to go 55-60 in act 2 hell and you can literally get a character 1-50 no problem in that same amount of time. I have to imagine that a lvl 57 character using self found gear can kill beleil at least 95% of the time and if you can kill him even 3 out of 4 times you'll be better off going for the kill at 57 as opposed to going all the way to 60 from a time management perspective. Besides, you really need to practice him in a form in which he can actually hurt you if you want to be in any way prepared for inferno.
Reply Quote
Today is a good day to die....err.... yesterday....hehe.

I'm sure it was a glorious battle, worthy of song.
Reply Quote
How is your new monk progressing? Also, were you rerunning any areas on your first HC Monk? I seem to be falling behind level wise in comparison to the stats you were posting after each act.

I'm currently lvl 38 and in Act2 NM. Im getting a little worried about Act3 and 4 in NM.
Reply Quote
How is your new monk progressing? Also, were you rerunning any areas on your first HC Monk? I seem to be falling behind level wise in comparison to the stats you were posting after each act.

I'm currently lvl 38 and in Act2 NM. Im getting a little worried about Act3 and 4 in NM.

I'm lvl 41 and just started Act 2 NM. I've been farming previous areas on higher MP since Act 1 Normal. I'm currently running MP3 in Act 2 NM, and may increase it to MP5, depending on my confidence to clear the content. My plan is to play Act 2 till level 44 as I have purchased some lvl 44 items from the AH. Looking at your DPS, running MP may not be viable as monster health grows quickly with MP. If this is the case, just run through areas again with no monster power.

Know that at level 36, the VIT -> Life formula changes.
Level 1-35: Vit * 10 = Life
Level 36-60: Vit * (cLevel - 25) = Life
This means that each level you get +vitality to life (You have 597 vitality; you will get 597 life on you next level). Basically, with 3 levels, you will increase your life by 22%
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. Your gear is pretty stacked.

I'm thinking it may be time to drop some gold and upgrade a lot of my terrible pieces to make NM a lot easier. I'll probably also start to rerun some areas to stay ahead of the lvl curve.
Reply Quote
Glad to hear that IO

I'll add you for sure when the time comes. As for farming a LS, I think your best bet is to farm alone at MP8 to 10, Mantra of Conviction - Submission. Since LS will only drop in Normal - ACT 2, Oasis (rare) to VoA (Desolate Sands), everything should die as soon as you come close, even E-packs. Just have to have enough DPS on your weapon and you won't have to lift a finger.

BTW, I farmed for so many hours prior to release of patch 1.0.5 and the HF ring for that LS that I still have nightmares about it. I wasted my time on that way to much for my taste and I think you can easily do without. Just put a nice ruby in your helm and you're set. So I'm sorry friend, but no, my LS farming era is long gone and I'm not about to do it again for the reasons mentioned above... but I do wish you the best of luck. Who knows, maybe you will find it.

Be well and stay safe!

IO

Yeah, I was tired last night when I encountered a fast blue pack of Mallets in A4...couldn't take the risk so I did 6 runs of VoA, Dalghur and no LS ring...MP10 normal so barely 110%mf, which is not optimal and I dont have high dps so took longer than expected (20-25 minute a run when it should take what? 10 minutes max if +mov speed and high dps aoe spell

I might give it more tries when I feel bored
Reply Quote
Hiya!

I'm back at the level I made a last entry (lvl 55) but not quite at the same place. I'm in Hell - Act 1 - Festering Woods. A couple of factors helped me level a bit faster: 1. Previous leveling gear that I've kept and also, playing most of the game at MP3. Although I'm level 55, I find that my stats are not as high as they were on my previous Monk. Spud (my new Monk) lacks a bit in DEX/VIT/ARMOR but has a bit more Res All. So to get back on track, here are the stats for now:

Level 55 (40% done)

Dex 802
Vit 822
Armor 2394 - Res All 117
DMG 5248 DPS
Life 24.9K

Those numbers are all unbuffed.

My next update should be at the beginning of Act 2.

Be well and stay safe!

IO
Edited by InstantOcean#1793 on 12/18/2012 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quick Update: Landed at Hell - Act 2

Purchased a new weapon since I was playing MP2 before The Butcher. Good thing I did because he was something, but I managed with 1 potion and Serenity. Not much else to report except that I'm not sure I will continue on MP2. Might tone it down to MP1 or even remove it altogether. I'll see how it goes. This is the act where I died last time and I ain't planing on an "Encore presentation". LOL Here are the stats:

Level 57 - (20% done)

Dex 847
Vit 828
Armor 2435 - Res All 145
DMG 7943 DPS
Life 26.7K HP

Hopefully, my next message will not be a RIP post. LOL

Be well and stay safe!

IO
Reply Quote
Enjoyed the thread, I like that you came back after the death, Took me 3 times to get my monk to 60, just had to take a few days off..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]