Diablo® III

Fixing useless stats

By now it seems that blizzard realised that there's just too many stats in the game that no one can benefit from. What's frustrating about this is that, in my opinion, resolving these issues is not very problematic:

Thorns - Change it to reflect all damage done to you, based on either a percentage of your damage or the damage taken.
Bleed Chance - Should be damage that is a percentage based on your damage, which would make it scale.
Experience Gained - Should allways be percentage based.
Magic Find/Gold Find - After the addition of paragon levels and MP these stats really lost their charm and should at least be combined, but that won't copletely resolve the problam. This is how you make it usefull: change it to "Gold, Magic and Health Globe Find" (would only effect health globes found after kill). This will encourage builds focusing on health globes as a way of sustain and/or damage (WD Gruesome Feast).
Indestructible - Completely useless and counters the idea of a gold sink in game. Unless a new mechanic gets implemented that has a chance to destroy items, this should only be on some legendary items as garnish.
Life After Kill - Completely useless and counters the idea of the health globe mechanic. Should only be on some legendary items as garnish.
Life regeneration - Should be buffed a bit to make it competitive with Life Steal and Life on Hit.
Singular Resists - Should range between 100-200.
Extra Health from Potions and Health Globes - Should be changed to: "x% to life and resource pool from health globes and potions".
Blind/Fear/Knockback/Slow/Stun/Immobilize/Chill/Freeze on Hit - Should roll on fewer types of items, and recieve a buff to compensate.
Single Skill Bonuses - Need to roll on legendary or corresponding class items only. Should recieve a slight buff to actually make them desirable.
Crowd Control Reduction - Should roll on fewer types of items, and recieve a buff to compensate.
Pickup Radius - Should roll on fewer types of items, and recieve a buff to compensate.
Stat range - Needs to be adjusted. ilvl63 items shouldn't be able to roll stats that are the same as ilvl13 items.

These changes are meant to ecourage a more diverse skill and passive selection among the classes and to combat the tendency of all players to look for the exact same stats.

This post will change in accordance to the discussion, so feel free to voice your opinion on the matter.
Edited by HATOTAH#2129 on 11/23/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
true but not about the cc effects around 15-30%... this is way too much and even more when pvp will be released. you cannot cc someone 30% of the time without any skills... this is ridiculous
Reply Quote
I actually agree with most fixes, specially the single resists rolling up to 200

I think Thorns should do damage regardless of melee/ranged damage done to you, and it should take your main stat into consideration as does regular damage... maybe cut all thorns by half and then apply regular main stat bonus or some like this.
% of taken damage would have to be HUGE to make an impact, it's kinda like why "mirror skin" rune on diamond skin is so useless... monsters do about 20-30k damage at most... players tend to crit on hundred thousands of damage....

Bleed and procs in general could just take your main stat into consideration and be fine with that.

About Blind/Fear and stuff... 15, 30% is maybe too much...
but yeah, that needs to be buffed... maybe to 10-15% or something like this.
Windforce has 30-50% knockback and does pretty good at that level.
Other CC effects could be broken at % that high.

Everything else seems perfectly fine.

+1.
Reply Quote
Great suggestions.
Some of these changes would promote interesting gear choices instead of everyone going for the standard BIS items for their class.
Reply Quote
true but not about the cc effects around 15-30%... this is way too much and even more when pvp will be released. you cannot cc someone 30% of the time without any skills... this is ridiculous

The develpers said that they won't compromise PvE balnce for PvP blance, and this should stay true to CC Reduction (PvE and PvP should have different balances anyway). Yes, maybe that range is a bit too much (although with the recent changes to how CC works i don't realy think so), but right now the average on an item from my experiene is about 2%, which is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
+1

I don't agree with everything but the purpose of the post is what matters.
Lets buff the lesser affixes to try and make them as appealing as CHC, CHD, RA, etc

My favorite here is single resists dwarfing all resists.
A great change that could only be implemented after OwE gets its long awaited nerf.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 11/22/2012 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Please, if you don't agree with me explain to me why. this discussion needs to stay alive and we all need to learn from each other.
Reply Quote
My favorite here is single resists dwarfing all resists.
A great change that could only be implemented after OwE gets its long awaited nerf.

Exactly. Thank you.
Reply Quote
irl the harder you hit a thorn, the harder it will hit you, besides you dont need hit it - just touch it to get hurt. maybe thorn could deal dmg to all nearby enemies as well as those who hit you.

yes single resist shouldnt roll anything less than 80. a character whos afraid of molten should be searching for more fire res, not ar. tho phys res are fine, would be op if buffed
Reply Quote
The changes your propose are pretty good, but the implantation is difficult. Blizz would have to update every item existing: Something they can do, but it would require a lot of time and resources. They'll probably wait until they have more changes on itemization and then update all of it at the same time.
Reply Quote
I'm actually surprised how little disagreement there is about my suggestions, I was sure that I was missing something. Is this realy such an oversight by the development team? seems weird.
Reply Quote
+1 made sense.
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 06:42 AMPosted by HATOTAH
I'm actually surprised how little disagreement there is about my suggestions, I was sure that I was missing something. Is this realy such an oversight by the development team? seems weird.

There is nothing really gamebreaking wrong with them as it is right now.
Most likely, the reason why that Blue posted about this is so they can yell: "Look guys. We fixed the itemization problem (a bit). Diablo is super fun again and you should all be coming back."
For the people who tolerate the itemization as it is, it'll be pretty cool. For the people who come back expecting use changes.. meh..
Reply Quote
The changes your propose are pretty good, but the implantation is difficult. Blizz would have to update every item existing: Something they can do, but it would require a lot of time and resources. They'll probably wait until they have more changes on itemization and then update all of it at the same time.

Although I understand the anger it can couse among players, the changes don't have to be retroactive, just like they weren't with the new legendaries.
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 06:55 AMPosted by HATOTAH

Although I understand the anger it can couse among players, the changes don't have to be retroactive, just like they weren't with the new legendaries.

As a Monk who is happily using OwE, I cannot tolerate that :)
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
As a Monk who is happily using OwE, I cannot tolerate that :)

No way, you're a monk who uses OwE?! man, that's radical O_O

All jokes aside though, why can't you tolorate that? Sure, you won't get more AR with OwE if it's not retroactive but it won't change anything for you for the worse either. And aside from that, a change to OwE should really come already, preferably with or before the stat changes. It's a broken passive that monks feel like they have to use in order to be competitive.
Reply Quote
The difference between adding new legs and adding new single resist gear is that the new legs didn't make your old gear obsolete. If you had endgame gear in 03, you could still sell it for a pretty good price, because it was still good gear. If Blizz would add items with 2 or 3 times amount of the resist we have now, my gear would be garbage. Who the hell would buy a piece of armor with only 60 OwE-resist - no matter how good the other stats are - if you can get one with 200..
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Joren
The difference between adding new legs and adding new single resist gear is that the new legs didn't make your old gear obsolete. If you had endgame gear in 03, you could still sell it for a pretty good price, because it was still good gear. If Blizz would add items with 2 or 3 times amount of the resist we have now, my gear would be garbage. Who the hell would buy a piece of armor with only 60 OwE-resist - no matter how good the other stats are - if you can get one with 200..

Again, OwE needs to change (by Blizzard's own words). please don't take it into account in this dicussion.
Edited by HATOTAH#2129 on 11/22/2012 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I use a monk and I obviously fear the umpteenth nerf to our class.

Single resist higher than AR is what should have been from the beginning, changing it now would be game breaking though.

That said:
- introducing it without changing older gear - every monk gear becomes crap.
- introducing it retroactively - monk OwE becomes extremely overpowered.
- introducing it retroactively AND changing OwE - almost impossible to achieve without destroying every monk's build (and with build I mean gear composition).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]