Diablo® III

Fixing useless stats

Do you know that skills can be changed ?
Reply Quote
You raise a valid point, Nivik. However, if you look at how many players actually use these affixes and if you compare it to D2, where most CCs had a 100%, you can see that it is in a bad place right now. Just compare the use of Windforce vs. Manticore. The high knockback should be extremely to DHs, but they all use Manticore because Dps alway wins. CCs have become more of a gimmick.

If CCs could only roll on gloves, bracers and weapons and they would roll a lot higher, the affix would be a lot more desirable and fun.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Joren
Just compare the use of Windforce vs. Manticore. The high knockback should be extremely to DHs, but they all use Manticore because Dps alway wins. CCs have become more of a gimmick.

You obviously didn't look at my profile. While I do not own a double socketed Manticore, I do have a much stronger dps xbow (by around 20k dps). The utility of Windforce makes it my preferred weapon 9 times out of 10.
Reply Quote
Pick up Radius is the only useless stat listed in the OP and it should be removed from the game. All the other stat's work great if you use them. Not being used does not mean useless, it just means people are missing out by being single-minded
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Nivik
Just compare the use of Windforce vs. Manticore. The high knockback should be extremely to DHs, but they all use Manticore because Dps alway wins. CCs have become more of a gimmick.

You obviously didn't look at my profile. While I do not own a double socketed Manticore, I do have a much stronger dps xbow (by around 20k dps). The utility of Windforce makes it my preferred weapon 9 times out of 10.

I didn't said it was a bad bow. It's a very good bow, actually. It's just that Manticore can give you a lot more dps and as a result, a lot more people use it.

You do not represent EVERY DH.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Slay
Pick up Radius is the only useless stat listed in the OP and it should be removed from the game. All the other stat's work great if you use them. Not being used does not mean useless, it just means people are missing out by being single-minded
How ironic is this?

You want to get rid of Pickup Radius just because you can't see how useful it is, yet you call other people single-minded...
Reply Quote
Thanks for all your imput, the OP keeps improving.
No, pick up radius should not be comletely removed, it should be adressed. preferably in the way I suggested. for most it's a "quality of life" stat that is just annoying not to have (like movement speed). I think my idea would benefit everyone.
OwE should be changed and not taken into account in this discussion, because it's abroken passive.
Joren, thanks to your idea I was able to change my suggestion in a way that I think everybody will agree on. A stat on an item doesn't have to rely on other items just to be useful. I think they have it right with Azurewrath.
Yes, I still think that if Blizzard doesn't plan to do anything with Indestructible it should be removed from the game, becouse as Nivik said: weak stats are one thing... This is just something you ignore right now. Stats should not be implementd into the game before Bliazzard has any idea how to make them even remotely useful.
Reply Quote
You want to get rid of Pickup Radius just because you can't see how useful it is, yet you call other people single-minded...

Deus, I don't agree with Slay either, but he never said anything like that.
Be civil everyone. This is an issue that we all care about, so please, discuss, and refrain from slinging mud at eachother.
Reply Quote

Single Skill Bonuses - Need to roll on legendary or corresponding class items only. Should recieve a slight buff to actually make them desirable[/i]

Are you trying to tell me that the otherwise nicely rolled Manticore I found yesterday SHOULDN'T come with a WD bonus skill???(therefore marking it currently useless in value compared to what it could have been with a DH skill bonus) that would interfere with blizzard's plans for 1.09 for the RANGE WD build I understand :D
Reply Quote
Supes, i know you played it for laughs, but as I said: "Need to roll on legendary or...".
Still, lol XD
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Joren
You do not represent EVERY DH.

True, but I do represent A DH.

11/23/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Joren
The high knockback should be extremely to DHs, but they all use Manticore because Dps alway wins

Should read:

The high knockback should be extremely to DHs, but they mostly use Manticore because Dps typically wins

What can I say, I'm a math guy. We're taught to pay extremely close attention to quantifiers.

Edit- This does raise an issue that I have brought up before in a different thread. I think that Blizzard should implement some sort of actual dps stat in the character sheet that would tell you what your actual dps was over the last hour. The current dps rating does not take into account many aspects and can mislead a lot of players into choosing gear that is actually worse than what they have.
Edited by Nivik#1182 on 11/23/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
This duscussion got sidetracked a bit, does anyone have anything to say about something in the revamped OP?
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Deus
How ironic is this?

Ironic? Pick up Radius only helps lazy players get gold faster, and it lets them suck up health potions that other players may need later. Pick up Radius is for selfish players.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Slay
How ironic is this?

Ironic? Pick up Radius only helps lazy players get gold faster, and it lets them suck up health potions that other players may need later. Pick up Radius is for selfish players.

Might as well add magic find and gold find to the pile because once you're paragon level 100 they're useless anyways!
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Ironic? Pick up Radius only helps lazy players get gold faster, and it lets them suck up health potions that other players may need later. Pick up Radius is for selfish player.

Easy man, relax. PUR does have it's merits, especially for the WD. it's viability just needs to be fixed for other classes.

Might as well add magic find and gold find to the pile because once you're paragon level 100 they're useless anyways!

I adressed that issue in the OP. check it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]