Morning bump.
Edited by Zandalar#1242 on 11/27/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Late afternoon bump.
Edited by Zandalar#1242 on 11/27/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice build! I like it!
Reply Quote
I tried a similar build on mp8 farming for keys (did not attempt ubers). This is the build I used, https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bRidUT!Wac!bZZ.cc

My attack speed was 1.75 and my paper DPS was over 257k with my scoundrel. He was using Buriza, Crippling shot skill and the 3% extra crit skill.

Fairly safe due to the slow, jinx, and Bruiser Garg. Also, you can kind of hide behind your barrage of lob blob acid slimes which is neat. The build is pretty fun.

Some Disadvantages:
- not so effective against ranged targets as Slow doesn't reduce their attack speed, just their movement
- low dmg compared to bears

Unfortunately, if you wish to do ubers on a high mp, you need to dish out the dmg to avoid enrage unless you have a strong dps party. Although I didn't try ubers with this build, I think the slow would perform poorly against them. It would probably be most useful in the SK/Magda portal and against Siegebreaker. Ghom has poison clouds, Rakanoth telestomps, while Kulle teleports...
Reply Quote
I tried a similar build on mp8 farming for keys (did not attempt ubers). This is the build I used, https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bRidUT!Wac!bZZ.cc

My attack speed was 1.75 and my paper DPS was over 257k with my scoundrel. He was using Buriza, Crippling shot skill and the 3% extra crit skill.

Fairly safe due to the slow, jinx, and Bruiser Garg. Also, you can kind of hide behind your barrage of lob blob acid slimes which is neat. The build is pretty fun.

Some Disadvantages:
- not so effective against ranged targets as Slow doesn't reduce their attack speed, just their movement
- low dmg compared to bears

Unfortunately, if you wish to do ubers on a high mp, you need to dish out the dmg to avoid enrage unless you have a strong dps party. Although I didn't try ubers with this build, I think the slow would perform poorly against them. It would probably be most useful in the SK/Magda portal and against Siegebreaker. Ghom has poison clouds, Rakanoth telestomps, while Kulle teleports...

I don't really see how your build is similar. I like what you did with your Scoundrel, with the Buriza/Crippling shot, but you don't incorporate any other slows. The idea behind my build is to stack as many as possible. Grasp of the Dead + Medusa Spiders + WoZ + Templar (or Scoundrel) = up to 260% reduced movement speed.
Reply Quote
I was playing with an extremely similar build recently, but with bears over AC and Bruiser for even more CC over Soul Harvest. Very viable in upper mp and fun to play. Getting good with Z-wall takes practice, but the pay off is worth it, and I have a feeling that move could be a !@#$% in PvP.

This build is hilarious for Butcher runs btw. I have my templar set up with a massive tank/slow/freeze spec, and the butcher can hardly even move out of his starting spot. When he's about to charge, plop z-wall in front of him and 'lol'.
Reply Quote
This is a cool build, but there's just so little damage output compared to a ZB/WoS build. Against non-range mobs you can pretty easily not take a hit with all the snares but it just takes so long to actually kill the mobs that I don't see a build like this being very viable.
Reply Quote
Check my build. I use pyro, then acid, and then bears while jinx and bruiser do their thing. Rinse & repeat. Severance handles the critters that get too close. At MP 9 & 10, I do run from time to time, but I use AR @ 950+ for that.
Edited by mapasu#1685 on 11/30/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is a cool build, but there's just so little damage output compared to a ZB/WoS build. Against non-range mobs you can pretty easily not take a hit with all the snares but it just takes so long to actually kill the mobs that I don't see a build like this being very viable.

Another "shallow" 4 piece zuni bear builder..... YAWN.
Reply Quote
Bump

I think this build could be a serious consideration for PvP/upcoming duel feature.
Reply Quote
cool build, I also happen to be a snare doc, thanks to you I've decided to replace garg for WoZ,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bUZdkR!WUc!YaabZZ

here's my build, with the grin reaper. mimics can cast both GoTD/UG and SH/languish I still use this build to hunt up to mp6, even use this build for uber, switching spider to spirit barrage.

sometimes i switch SH to hex/jinx, hex can be really useful against elites especially. i switch my weapons as well, got a manajuma for DPS and azurewrath for the freeze.
Edited by Maxiel#1888 on 1/14/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry for the necro but I'm curious what your typical attack pattern is with this build? Does it change depending on if you're doing a solo run or running with other players?
Reply Quote
Woah there lol. This is an old thread!

Hey lalallaalal, you look like you could use some new gear. Want some items?
Reply Quote
Sure, I'm down for that.
Reply Quote
Add me in game. I'll be on shortly. SunTzu#1166
Reply Quote
Have you tried using Haunt - Grasping spirit for Slowing down 30%. By far, my favorite kiting skill, is Spirit Barrage - Manitou - lots of dps for a slowed target over 20 sec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]