Diablo® III

best monk weapons

im still fairly new to the D3 community and would like some opinions on what is the best weapon for a monk? i have a good idea of the stats i should look for but is there a hands down winner like a skorn, echoing fury or a pair of shenlongs? im looking to beef up my dps and have been hitting a wall lately because i cant keep pumping money into new gear, i am willing to upgrade my weapon(s) though to try and get my dps up some more. any positive feedback and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
9xx +20% Wkl bis in slow for monk
Reply Quote
View profile
there is no real hands down winner.

WKL is great if you use fists of thunder/ sweeping wind cyclones, however, i feel it will pin you into this build and you won't be able to diversify with future buffs/nerfs - plus a high end one will be hella expensive;

echoing fury is great, as it gives the attack speed bonus to our other weapon as well. some people hate the fear proc, but i love it now that i've learned to drive it correctly;

i've personally never used the shenlongs, but they look good and the mix of LOH and LPSS looks like a good thing. not sure how powerful the proc is;

skorn seems to be THE 2-hand weapon. heavy hits, but very slow as compared to dual wielding. i dunno about you, but i picture the monk as a ninja. i like hitting fast;

i reckon butcher's sickle is still an underrated dark horse. it has LS and built in crit damage. the proc is fun and stuns for a quick bit;

you'll see i'm using Sky Splitter, but i wouldn't recommend it unless you're stacking life per second like i am. it compliments the rest of me perfectly, but if you're not going silly on the lps like i am, then i would recommend one of the above;

whatever you get, make sure it has a socket.
Reply Quote
i just got a real cheap 'The Fist of Az'Turrasq' it does mean damage but only i random roll so no double stack on crit damage and or LS
stun is good Tho much better than fear!
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah, the fist is good too! i missed that one !
Reply Quote
Echoing Fury + Butchers Sickle = cheap kick !@# proc combo and good damage.

But I am now using 2 good rare fist weapons I found.
Reply Quote
I was using a nice skorn for a while and I was sitting on about 140k dps, but it didn't have life steal and I couldn't afford a high dps one that did, so survivability at higher mp levels suffered big time. But up to mp4 it was good, so long as I used crippling wave for mobs and blinding flash + seven sided strike to take out elites before they got stuck into me.

Now I'm using Shenlongs and they're pretty sweet with the life steal and life on hit, but I would swap out one of them with an echoing fury for extra dps so long as it didn't kill survivability too much. Liked my sky splitter back when I used one but I moved on. Azurewrath is fun if you're going for attack speed, but prob for kicks only.

Using my current build I can farm keys at mp7 pretty quickly but I need to up my resists... Haven't tried the ubers with these weapons but I'm hoping i can solo mp5.
Reply Quote
I do 205k unbuffed EF Wkl are monk best weapon combo if you want bat sh#t crazy dps go for those or high crit weapons or 100% crit weapons with sockets
Reply Quote
I'm still new at monk, but I bought a whole arsenal of weapons on a budget. If you aren't rich there are many nice weps on the AH for cheap. Azturrasq (Stun), Sky Splitter(stun), Azurewrath(Attack speed+Freeze), Empyrean Messenger(All Resist), Burning Axe of Skains (Fire monk) are some cheap weps i got for under 50k (Some 10k). With dual wield I usually have around 40-50k DPS unbuffed which is decent for MP 3-4. For Two hander Skorn is the best even without life steal. It gives you pretty much one shot abilites and with proper set up you can hit over 1 million crits with ease. Inna's Reach isn't as great as Skorn but if you farm with Tempest it usually has crit rating on it, as well the helmet sells for cheap too so you can get a easy set bonus.
Reply Quote
A rare weapon with %LS, critical hit damage, dex (and or vitality), with an open socket for a main hand and an echoing fury on the off hand.
Reply Quote
I have a different way of playing. I concentrate on LOH. I do around 2.5k LOH and it enables me to be able to solo MP6 most of the time, Ubers are always tough, but with my skill sets I can dance around and usually stay alive long enough for buffs to come back and get a health boost again. I have tried many 2 handed weapons, but the Monk relies heavily on attack speed. The quicker the hits, the quicker LOH gets you back to full health. For me the Shenlongs were the way to go, my next upgrade will be socketed Shenlongs to gain more crit damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]