Diablo® III

Total Noob needs help :S

View profile
My advise for leveling a WD:

Use pets, dogs and gargantua. They help so much.
At low level Firebats rule, as you level they get less awesome.
Acid cloud takes over from Firebats at some point as most awesome.
(experiment to find out)
Big slow two handed weapon with Acid Cloud is very good while leveling.
(Fyi, big slow two handed weapons are much better if you mostly use high damage, high mana cost spells like Acid cloud. Small fast one handed weapons + mojo are better for lower cost spells like Poison Dart.)

Use socketed gear!!!!!
You can buy cheap leveling gear on the AH that has sockets.
You can buy cheap gems on the AH to put in those sockets that are designed for level 55+ and thus are very strong at lower levels.

Buy weapons on the AH that have the "lower level requirement" mod. Can make a huge difference in dps.

Ya I have already noticed the waning awesomeness of the bats and my now favorite acid cloud.

11/29/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Desponyd
At this point in your class' career, I would say focus on trying out all of the skill/runes, learn how to stutter step/kite, and just get a feel for what is what. You will find what works best for you. :)

I am doing that as well, it is easier now that I have more combinations. I have a question though, you can make it (in the options) so that you can mix and match your skills, should I be doing that at all or just stick to one of each???

And shout out to tigerclan who gave me some good stuff (relative to me at least) that I look forward to being able to use :) Also helped me finish act IV, normal was so tedious. Nightmare is 10 times better. Can't wait for Hell and Inferno :D
Reply Quote
I would try out mix and match with your skills, certainly. That will give you a good idea what slots you can comfortably switch out the default for something you like better.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/30/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Desponyd
I would try out mix and match with your skills, certainly. That will give you a good idea what slots you can comfortably switch out the default for something you like better.

Ya I definately will start trying it out, my mana cap and regen rate however is a pretty significant indicator of what I can actually do so so far I don't really have the ability to make good use of mixing and matching really :S

Some of the ones with long cooldowns though (like zombie wall) that seem good but knock out abilities like acid cloud I have been trying to mix in for my lesser favorite abilities but I will have to play around a bit more tonight :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]