Diablo® III

CM Wiz to Tank Dh

Moving from an amazing tanky 100k dps SNS CM Wiz to 50k dps Tank DH!!

A lot of people are moving to CM wizards, here is a story other way round! I got so bored of freeze and sleep. Its so boring, its a snooze fest, you essentialy hold the hotkey and sleep, while ubers die.. I acutally sleep...

I had a few items, which had dex on them... found a quiver, had a DH, I just got few items, the pants, windforce bow, blet, vile ward, hat ! all under 10 mil !!

Now am enjoying playing the tank dH, did not know that DH could actually face tank the sh1t out of the mobs...

I want to know if tank dh can play mp10 elites/ubers and I want to reach 100k dps!! Is it expensive crazy ? 200mil is enough ? how much minimum discipline should i have ? regen minimum ?

from "You Dare Attack Me" to "You Won't Survive That" .. best DH dialoge !!
Edited by Infinity#1407 on 11/27/2012 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would consider myself a pretty top-tier DH tank. Arcanes, Desc, Molten, Fire Chains, you name it.. I can tank it on MP10. Ghom? I can tank him afk with just chain of torment.

I personally do not rely on life regen at all. Loh is the way to go for me.
Reply Quote
I would consider myself a pretty top-tier DH tank. Arcanes, Desc, Molten, Fire Chains, you name it.. I can tank it on MP10. Ghom? I can tank him afk with just chain of torment.

I wish I could have your calamity. How much you bought it? I bought mine around 120mil.
Reply Quote
View profile

Hey decided to remake my DH, trying to go the tank route, actually using a variation of your build, what loh/AR threshold does farming higher MP's become viable, I'm aiming for 650 AR, 5k armor and 50k life with 2500 loh sound about right? I'm Dual wielding btw. Would 1h xbow and shield be more advisable?
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 11/27/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

I want to know if tank dh can play mp10 elites/ubers and I want to reach 100k dps!! Is it expensive crazy ? 200mil is enough ? how much minimum discipline should i have ? regen minimum ?

from "You Dare Attack Me" to "You Won't Survive That" .. best DH dialoge !!

I doubt if you could have a 100k dps tank dh with just 200mil.

btw my tank dh has 119k unbuffed dps, 1.2mil unbuffed ehp and 1.9k LOH.
Edited by Sephiroth#6628 on 11/27/2012 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Hey decided to remake my DH, trying to go the tank route, actually using a variation of your build, what loh/AR threshold does farming higher MP's become viable, I'm aiming for 650 AR, 5k armor and 50k life with 2500 loh sound about right? I'm Dual wielding btw. Would 1h xbow and shield be more advisable?

Burning, just send me a PM when you see me online (I know I have it on busy almost all the time, but I'm there a lot haha), I can answer any questions you got about DH tanking.
Reply Quote
lots of us either run constant tanks or have tank builds.

I'm one of the many who has separate tank gear to run a DH Tank.

I'm slowly (2nd priority and only buy if I see a very good deal on something because I put most of my gold on my dps build) upgrading gear for my tank DH. I have nowhere near the HP that xenophis has of over 150k. I run about 70k and over 1k resistall with perfectionist/boar. WOrks great except for too many arcane sentries. I also run (depending on which bow I choose) ~2100 LoH. Just used my gear the other day tanking MP9 for a friend. Did die once only because I forgot to restart my chakram for procing LoH in melee mode and was sitting in reflect phasebeasts with arcane I think or poison pools... they ended up trapping me and couldn't get out before I realized my chakram wasn't running. DH Tanks are a great build and I want to get to the point of upgrading my gear for more DPS without suffering my other stats.
Reply Quote
Tank DH sure can handle MP10, but i don't think 200m is enough to build a great Tank DH.

And don't expect you can deal ton of damage, like a crit with 500k, you will just deal a lot of smaller damage. but the advantage is you can holding there without kiting. in some case, Tank DH are faster then dps DH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]