Diablo® III

plot hole, or am I just missing something?

ok i'm going through on normal and i'm in act 3. Close to the end of act 2 everyone started calling me a nephilum. After going through all the cinematics I can't.find where mysteriously became one. Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
In act one, you visit an ancient temple to find the second piece of the broken sword. A spirit/guardian remains over that temple and he calls you a nephilum. After that, someone everyone else in the game manages to figure that tidbit out and continue to refer to the hero in that manner.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Neofawkes
ok i'm going through on normal and i'm in act 3. Close to the end of act 2 everyone started calling me a nephilum. After going through all the cinematics I can't.find where mysteriously became one. Am I missing something?
every person in the diablo universe is a nephilum, most though are locked away, your hero Leveling and gaining loot makes you Unlock the potential of a nephilum. Now if you where no nephilum, it would be impossible to kill any deamon or angel. and thus create a plot hole. also nephilum are both created by a deamon and a angel together to make our heroes and the like.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 11/30/2012 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
isnt it spelled nephalem?
Reply Quote
Alaric (ghost in act 1 temple) is the first who implies you're a nephalem. When Leah tells him there are no longer any nephalem, Alaric says "Hah! Yet another myth" and then when you defeat all the raised champions inside the temple, Alaric says "Your strength rivals that of our greatest champions. What, then, do you think you are?" Implying that you're a nephalem and just don't know it yet.

Then in act 2, from the very first time Zoltun Kulle sees you, he says "you're an interesting one, I wonder if your friends know what you really are", again stating that you're a nephalem and don't know it yet. The reason he also implies that "your friends" might consider that a bad thing, is because of the whole bit that is revealed later that angels don't have much love for nephalem and even voted on exterminating them.

So I think the answer to your question is that you (the hero) are and have always been a nephalem. It's just that you never knew it until your quests during this game helped you uncover that potential... Which does beg the question: Are only a select few people nephalem? Or is all mankind nephalem, but they have to go through the "unlocking of their potential" as Gunghoe mentions above, to truly become one.

I think it's the latter (cause Zoltun Kulle does also say at one point: "I could have helped all of manking become nephalem, but my horadric brothers <something I don't recall>").
Edited by Boss#1285 on 11/30/2012 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ooh ok thanks for clearing that up for me, idk how I missed it the first time.
Reply Quote
Then in act 2, from the very first time Zoltun Kulle sees you, he says "you're an interesting one, I wonder if your friends know what you really are", again stating that you're a nephalem and don't know it yet. The reason he also implies that "your friends" might consider that a bad thing, is because of the whole bit that is revealed later that angels don't have much love for nephalem and even voted on exterminating them

i thought he was talking to leah refering to her heritage, she is around for that discussion. food for thought
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]