Diablo® III

Suggestions to make the game better

-Bonus of the day

First "Act boss" of the day. League of Legends has it. It Starcraft II HotS will have it. It might be the time to consider implementing something similar to Diablo 3. In LoL, it gives you additional IP (allows you to buy champions, etc). In SCII, it will allow you to gain additional experience. In Diablo 3, it could give you additional rewards. Extra loot? More gold? More XP? Guaranteed legendary item? There's surely a fine balance for the reward.

While it may seem insignificant at first sight, it's something really useful for a game. It makes people come play the game at least once per day, or whenever possible. It increases the longevity of the game.

-Powerful rewards through rare random quests.

1) The first thing that might come to many people's mind is "SOCKET QUEST!". Yes, socket quest could be an option, although it might create a VERY lucrative market (Socket quest in my game! 1 million for invite!). Well, there's a way to prevent the market from being destroyed by such a quest.

*Once per week (could be more or less), per account, at most... that way, people won't just spam games to get it. You will get it while playing through the game. When I say "once per week", it's really "once per week". If you join someone else's game, you will not be rewarded a socket bonus.

*Rare random quest started by NPCs in town. There's a VERY small chance that they give you the quest. Every time you complete a quest or a side quest, you will have an additional chance of being awarded a ticket for that quest!

*Makes the item account bound. Once you add a socket, you won't be able to trade it anymore.

2) It could be a higher tier gem reward (Star quality gem for instance) if you score a flawless score* while completing a quest. It could be a guaranteed legendary for completing a rare quest. It could be a huge gold reward (100k). It could be a rare jewelry (small chance of being legendary of course)! It could be XP boost for the day. Magic find and gold find boost for the day (100%). There's so many exciting potential rewards for completing RARE quests or random events.

*When I say flawless score... Let's take one of the quest we already have as an example. In act 3, on the battlefield, there's a chance that you run into a camp, guarded by soldiers. That camps gets attacked by waves of monsters. Flawless score means 0 soldier died. The reward of that random event would be based on how many soldiers made it out alive. I could see many random quests like this one, in which you need to protect innocents from waves of attack. You get a full reward if not many people died. You can even fail the quest if too many people died. People might want to invite others to help them in those quests. While they may be "doable" in solo, it would be near impossible to do so unless you are extremely well geared and make no mistake.

*Many of those events should be rare ones. When encountering one of them, you would want to call in your buddies (assuming you're not *forever alone* type) to make sure you score as high as possible.

-Global event, on every server, not just IP based

Let's take diablo 2 as an example. If people sold enough SoJ (Stone of Jordan), a global event (sadly, it was IP based) would occur in Hell (our current Inferno). Pandemonium Diablo (basically a stronger version of Diablo) would replace the next champion/elite pack. It created a frenzy, in which people would join other people's game (public game) in hopes of getting that event! Everyone wanted it. Everyone.

To adapt it to Diablo 3, it could be triggered through salvaging SoJ for instance. It could be triggered through a SUPER rare (like 1/10.000.000 chance of spawning in your game) random event. When anyone in the Americas server finds it, it is triggered for EVERYONE in Americas server. The way to trigger it would be up to their imagination I guess.

*It could be a once per day event and you cannot be rewarded more than once per day per account. The rewards could be a legendary charm I suppose (whatever will go in our Talisman... assuming that thing makes a glorious return in the xpac!).

-PvE arena

While killing each other may be fun, sometimes we also feel the need of killing hordes of monsters. I'm proposing an arena, in which you fight monsters. Lots of monsters. LOTS of them. Here are the possibilities!

*Endless waves of monsters mode --- Yep, ENDLESS, until you DIE (okay, maybe it might need some tweaking in HC). Should monsters give rewards? Who knows... but if the reward is too good, people would stop farming acts altogether, so we need to be careful. It could be some sort of ladder I guess. People who survives the longest or kill the most will have their name on top of the ladder!

*This is madness! --- Bring forth your frail Hero and fight against your most hated foes. Packs of Demonic Tremor, Blood Clan Occultist, Phase Beasts, Wood Wraith, Fallen Maniac, Morlu Incinerator, Mallet Lord, Savage Beast (and much more!) will tremble your corpse and feast on your soul. Can you make it out alive? (This one is a bit different, as there's a limit to how many monsters will spawn).

*** Feel free to share your ideas and bump this thread ^^***
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 11/30/2012 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Glorious bump
Reply Quote
Money bump
Reply Quote
Hidden bump
Reply Quote
Black magic bump
Reply Quote
All great ideas, forwarded to the Xpac department I'm sure.
Reply Quote
On reflection, some additions:

- All legendary stat bonuses are either % based on /clvl. All legendaries can now drop (at ilvl 63) in inferno.

- The base DPS table for magic & rare weapons is adjusted. The bottom 33% (for 1H weapons) and 50% (for 2h) of possible loot roll outcomes are removed. Also applies to + fixed damange range affixes.

- For your "super rare limited occurrence quest idea" you can add upgrading an items ilvl and/ or rerolling fixed affixes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Global event, on every server, not just IP based

Let's take diablo 2 as an example. If people sold enough SoJ (Stone of Jordan), a global event (sadly, it was IP based) would occur in Hell (our current Inferno). Pandemonium Diablo (basically a stronger version of Diablo) would replace the next champion/elite pack. It created a frenzy, in which people would join other people's game (public game) in hopes of getting that event! Everyone wanted it. Everyone.

To adapt it to Diablo 3, it could be triggered through salvaging SoJ for instance. It could be triggered through a SUPER rare (like 1/10.000.000 chance of spawning in your game) random event. When anyone in the Americas server finds it, it is triggered for EVERYONE in Americas server. The way to trigger it would be up to their imagination I guess.

*It could be a once per day event and you cannot be rewarded more than once per day per account. The rewards could be a legendary charm I suppose (whatever will go in our Talisman... assuming that thing makes a glorious return in the xpac!).

That is exactly what they plan on doing with Hellfire rings. Way to ruin the surprise buddy!
Reply Quote
Global event, on every server, not just IP based

That is exactly what they plan on doing with Hellfire rings. Way to ruin the surprise buddy!

My brother has 2 mule full of hellfire rings... can't wait until the day they have some use =/
Reply Quote
Footprints bump
Reply Quote
If there was a socket quest then the item should be forced to become account bound.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:32 PMPosted by AcidSkift3kk
If there was a socket quest then the item should be forced to become account bound.

Of course.
Reply Quote
Light bump
Reply Quote
Nice bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]