Diablo® III

What to upgrade to make my barb near godly.

I plan on getting 3 billion (give or take a little) soon so I am wondering what would be most pertitnent to upgrade. I want gear that will give me the most impact and cost efficenet-ish.

First thing I am thinking is Vile Wards for shoulders since they have gone down a lot. Then maybe Inna Pants or Lacuni Prowlers and rings.

I am not looking for godly but near godly. I don't plan on rebuying my whole char and most of the pieces I have are fine IMO but I may be wrong.
Reply Quote
First you need to list out your goals for stats/build and then you can start the itemization process. This will save you time/money in the long run. When I starting building my barb, I modeled after the top barbs and then tweaked to what I needed.

Once you have an idea of what you want, then you can run simulations (d3up, etc) on the items that you need to buy, to get you where you want to be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This game makes me sick..

Some people don't even have 5k elite kills and are getting 3b and !@#$..

I play since day 1 and most i had was 80'ish million..

Good thing my d3 fad is going away.. Each passing day i play it less and less..

I'm not pissing on you, OP.. Just ranting..!

With that much money I would immediately upgrade shoulders, bracer, ring, gloves and maybe the amulet or pants if there's something left (wich it will)..

Good luck.
Edited by Shun#1789 on 12/3/2012 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just want to increase my damage and survivabilty. I like the wpn throw barb build. I am fine with me wpns, boots, and helm. I don't want to decrease my res all, armor, or life, unless the extra damage is worth it for lifesteal.

Like my bracers have decent CHC and 123 vit. Get Lacuni's with similar stats will be about lil more than a 3rd of my money and even then I will have less life. I assume that the faster attack speed and the increased damage (12000 on one I saw) would actually increase my survivability even if my life and res all go down.

I know for sure that I am getting Vile Wads. Prices have dropped a ton and they have nice res all, armor, and life regen on them. 300 life regen is not great but it is still something nice.
Reply Quote
Here's a worthy model for aspiring weap throw barbs:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/det0x-2856/dtx/432203

152k unbuffed DPS with Leoric's+SoJ makes my head spin a little bit.
Edited by VeePow#1555 on 12/3/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
I picked up my rare for 1/3 price of a vile just for your info. Ways to save money
Reply Quote
3billion?

you can start with:
Mempo with crit (at least 5% cc)
Lacuni's with crit (at least 5% cc)
pants with higher str
Ice climbers with vit and movespeed
Then you can look at trifecta gloves, rings and ammy...get near max values of dmg modifiers
Reply Quote
I have Ice Climbers with vit and armor on them. My spear has movespeed on it alreadt so with lacunis I won't need it boots with movespeed. I gues i could get boots with more life but i rather get something better.

Maybe I wont get Vile wards. I mostly liked them for the extra armor and the life regen.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
not enough CC, CD or AS -- get trifecta MH ring and ammy. Best money can buy if you have 3B :-)
Reply Quote
copy this guy as much as possible

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PwnzMaoMao-6821/hero/20513809
Reply Quote
Would an Inna's pants or a BT Jousting Mail be better for EHP? I used a couple of calculator but they dont seem to take lifesteal, life regen, or LOH into consideration.

@Gawdzilla

Dear god. That guy is insane. Thats like 2.84 APS.
Reply Quote
First or all what is your definition of godly? If something close to mine I might be able to help you. Add me if your interested arthur#1635
Reply Quote
Would an Inna's pants or a BT Jousting Mail be better for EHP? I used a couple of calculator but they dont seem to take lifesteal, life regen, or LOH into consideration.

you can have upto 80 resist (with 100 int so thats 90) with 2 socket for blackthorn pants.
EHP wise, blackthorn..
ppl go with inna pants for more dps/movement speed.

i use inna pants for farming and blackthorn pants for uber bosses.
Reply Quote
I am trying to find out which is best overall between the two pants. I have 3 lifesteal and 0 LoH. Inna's pants would increase my DPS by a a lot while BT will giv me more life at the cost of res all but it ends up increasing my EHP by using d3up.

I am thinking that if I get more dmg that Inna pants will be better for me in the end since I will attack more and do more damage.

And I am prolly going to upgrade only 1 ring. The other will still be my HF for EXP.
Reply Quote
15 Pandaren Hunter
I am trying to find out which is best overall between the two pants. I have 3 lifesteal and 0 LoH. Inna's pants would increase my DPS by a a lot while BT will giv me more life at the cost of res all but it ends up increasing my EHP by using d3up.

I am thinking that if I get more dmg that Inna pants will be better for me in the end since I will attack more and do more damage.

And I am prolly going to upgrade only 1 ring. The other will still be my HF for EXP.

In a nutshell, aim for this minimum specs:

6% LS (Belt, Weapon or Passive)
500 AR (Try to stack more fire/physical resist)
45k HP (Having more Life% is a huge bonus)
2.0 ATK SPD (Aim for the tornado breakpoints)
50% CC (Allows you to crit consistently)
450% CD (Stack them from your weapons, rings and amulet)
12-24% MS (For farming efficiency. Ideally you would wanna get them from Inna and Lacuni)
200k DPS (Unbuff)

3bn is more than enough, probably have spare change. Not much need for LoH if you have high DPS and LS.
Reply Quote
I may change my 300th spear in the future but I think the damage bonus from it makes it hard to give up. It will probably be the last thing I change.

Well I have 600 AR XD so I guess I can loose a little for more damage output.

I have a radiant star amethyst that I use for ubers but otherwise I keep the ruby for XP purposes.

I am close to 2.0 AS. I have 1.93 now so a couple of more items with it IAS and I should break that.

Buffed my CHC is like 48.5% with BR? Plan to increase my CHC with items so hopefully I can get near 60% with upgrades.

Have about that much but hopefully I can get 450% unbuffed (like if I had no weapon master or ruthless).

I have 12% movespeed thanks to my spear and with lacuni's and Inna I would have max.

I was looking on the AH and idk if 3 bill is enough. I am prolly gonna get between 2-3 bill.
Reply Quote
Everything except IK helm. IK Chest, and your weapons can use an upgrade.
Reply Quote
I think my weapons are fine. Getting upgrades for them prolly won't lead to any greater dmg output but I will check it out (as in cost efficentness)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]