Diablo® III

Is 5 piece IK worth it?

I've got two right now for the all resist bonus. I found a nice belt, but not better than my current. Boots look good too, but the helms are craptacular - certainly not better than a mempo with crit and str that I'm saving for.

Is this the 5 piece set the end all for ww barbs?
Reply Quote
It's not the end all. Most incredibly geared barbs only use 2 piece as its fairly mandatory unless you have absolutely amazing gear.

For starters you cannot reach the 30 tick WW breakpoint without a mempo unbuffed and there are just some better pieces out there than IK. Boots for example.

I say that if you are a mid MP player and want to level as fast as possible then IK + a mighty weapon MH is the best way to go about playing. However, at higher MP levels if you bought a budget IK set you are going to be far behind on damage, as most IK pieces are expensive yet mediocre. I used the IK 5 set for a few weeks and loved it, still miss the set bonus tbh but I had to catch up to the damage potential of my friends and so I broke the set, sold the pieces I wasn't going to use and bought replacements. Much happier now and mp8 is a breeze, mp10 key runs with a CM wizard don't take near as long as they used too either.
Reply Quote
it's worth getting a cheap IK set for farming if you feel the fury regen will help you mindlessly farm low MP.

otherwise I'd stick with two piece (though ATM I have 3 pieces, going to get mempo though)
Reply Quote
Fun, useful, but not the end-all. Using all 5 pieces now, but ready to drop the helm and the boots once I can afford something new.
Reply Quote
you only need 2 or 3 piece IK max depends on your build

and
u dont need mempo when andy's around (cant afford a crit mempo ... cry in a corner)
Reply Quote
nah i just go for the two set. fury generation aint a problem as long as you have a decent aps and lots of crit.
Reply Quote
I have tried perfect rolled mempo wh innas. Keep coming back to ik5 just love the utility and ease of startup engages

Though i agree if your on a budget cheap wh mempo ic etc blow away even great rolled ik if you want luxury of ik5 and sick dps ehp be ready to PAY :)
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/3/2012 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
For my level of gear and dps with only about 40 mill to upgrade all my gear, which two IK pieces would you guys recommend
Reply Quote
Paragon-leveling, yes. I'd love to spam rend while relying on sprint and nado for mobility which is a faster build, imo.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Felandro
For my level of gear and dps with only about 40 mill to upgrade all my gear, which two IK pieces would you guys recommend

belt chest
Reply Quote
If you can't afford mempo with crit, then use IK Helm. Mempo without crit is very mediocre.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:30 PMPosted by yuench
If you can't afford mempo with crit, then use IK Helm. Mempo without crit is very mediocre.

You need the ias from that slot if you are using SOJ and trying to maintain aps breakpoints. Mempo comes with plenty of EHP as well. I used to think it was garbage without crit and preferred andy's. Andy's was a big fail in higher MP vs a non crit mempo.
Reply Quote
As others said already. I say 2 to 3 pieces is good. I'm using three pieces right now so leave me room for more dps and HP. I found my ice climbers which is lucky it has +ms on it. I think a nice fire walker is better than iK boots unless you got the gold for a really good one
Reply Quote
im using the whole set for farming low mp levels

I have a high str mempo as well and LOVE it. So if you want to farm the lower mp lvl go for all 5, if you want bis gear get 2 or 3 set
Reply Quote
i am using all 5 pieces , good for survivability and decent dps (194k dps unbuffed) can facee diablo in mp10 without needing to pots or runnning away , just ww all the way. if u can get decent rolled i its worth it .
Edited by Slayer#6134 on 12/4/2012 12:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
15 Pandaren Hunter
Its difficult to fully optimize your DPS wearing 5 IK. You need to mix and match. The 3 most important ones are chest, belt and gloves. Prefer IC and Mempo with CC to complement those 3 pieces.
Reply Quote
mempo with cc isnt as good as my helm.190 str.4% cc,9%ias mempo drops my dmg for about 500.mempo just wins because of the AR.

but i do agree it is hard to optimize your dps with 5 stacks of ik,unless you are rich enough to go for all the high end ik gloves,helm,armor.
Reply Quote
The 5 piece set isn't that great. You will want Mempo for helm, Witching hour for belt, ice climbers for boots. Those will be BiS and will help you achieve the highest DPS possible.
Reply Quote
It's good if you want to just level on lower mp's, but I wouldnt go 5 piece for end game. You will be giving up too much stats for the medicore bonuses. Test out the passive unforgiving if you want to see what it feels like.
Edited by Cloud9#1256 on 12/4/2012 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
15 Pandaren Hunter
mempo with cc isnt as good as my helm.190 str.4% cc,9%ias mempo drops my dmg for about 500.mempo just wins because of the AR.

but i do agree it is hard to optimize your dps with 5 stacks of ik,unless you are rich enough to go for all the high end ik gloves,helm,armor.

i think mempo helm still wins hands down. its a great source of dps (IAS/CC) and eHP (AR). not to mention it has a socket for a HP gem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]