Diablo® III

Is 5 piece IK worth it?

mempo with cc isnt as good as my helm.190 str.4% cc,9%ias mempo drops my dmg for about 500.mempo just wins because of the AR.

but i do agree it is hard to optimize your dps with 5 stacks of ik,unless you are rich enough to go for all the high end ik gloves,helm,armor.

Whats the point of comparsion when you got 260ish str in IK Helm? We are just talking about the norm. Not sure you wanna show off or what.
Reply Quote
If you can't afford mempo with crit, then use IK Helm. Mempo without crit is very mediocre.

You need the ias from that slot if you are using SOJ and trying to maintain aps breakpoints. Mempo comes with plenty of EHP as well. I used to think it was garbage without crit and preferred andy's. Andy's was a big fail in higher MP vs a non crit mempo.

You may be well geared and so have the luxury to ignore the inbuilt cc in IK Helm, which may not be the case for lesser players like myself. The most important attribute to run a ww barb is cc, followed by ias. If you say we can get cc somewhere else, the same can be said of ias. Also, IK Helm rolls vit or AR so the EHP issue is simply irrelevant. Lastly, Andy is simply out of the league.
Edited by yuench#3554 on 12/4/2012 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Luxury ease of startup amazing melee ehp look badass go with ik5... Epeen diabloprog stats.... And look stupid in blue non dyeable silly lookin leather looking armor...Ias legs :)

As i said ive tried perf wh mempo innas and ic compared to my near perf rolled ik i hit 1 more breakpoint and gain a lil under 100k paper dps in terms of actual dps my ik5 is only 20 to 25% less Actual dps(mainly due to witchin hour but you also lose 3% lifesteal keep that in mind too.) If you like to epeen out by all means but its not so much more dps where ik5 isnt worth it. Those that tell you otherwise i bet havnt spent a week with perf rolled ik5.
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/4/2012 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have to laugh in your faces calling people with full IK med to lower end farmers.
The IK set is good for a well balanced Barb WANTING TO DO ANY MP lvl (just bring it)
It depends on what kind of WW Barb you want.
Yes that's right there are several different ways to go.. And everyone THINKS theres is best. Find what suits you and use it.
I personal LOVE the full IK set and can EASYLY do MP10
Edited by Waycooloz#6135 on 12/4/2012 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
mempo with cc isnt as good as my helm.190 str.4% cc,9%ias mempo drops my dmg for about 500.mempo just wins because of the AR.

but i do agree it is hard to optimize your dps with 5 stacks of ik,unless you are rich enough to go for all the high end ik gloves,helm,armor.

i think mempo helm still wins hands down. its a great source of dps (IAS/CC) and eHP (AR). not to mention it has a socket for a HP gem.

it's not a debate. if you spreadsheet it and your dps goes down, it's not as good as much as you want to pretend it is.

take what makes your stats go up, not down, regardless of what it's called.
Reply Quote
I have to laugh in your faces calling people with full IK med to lower end farmers.
The IK set is good for a well balanced Barb WANTING TO DO ANY MP lvl (just bring it)
Yes that's right there are several different ways to go.. And everyone THINKS theres is best. Find what suits you and use it.

A good IK set can make one do mp10 but it is defnitely not your case.
Reply Quote
I love my IK 5 set. It by no means maximizes your DPS, but I can still kill elites on mp10 within 20% of the clear times as even the fastest high DPS barbs and its mainly due to the fact that the IK utility allows me to run a no fury generator build comfortably, which frees up a skill slot for more damage skills on my toolbar. Is IK 5 set the greatest? Not for straight DPS....but it does allow you more build freedom and execution in my opinion, which with the proper skill can put you right up with those 300k unbuffed dps barbs.

It all depends on goals and play style.
Reply Quote
By the way OP, if you really want to look at a barb with true end game gear Cloud9 profile on the first page is a great example of the end all type gear you were referring to. I have farmed with Cloud on a couple runs, and while he is undeniably faster then me, I hold my own and can normally keep a decent pace with him. IK 5 is viable in end game for sure, but if you want to be the absolute best with gear, it can't get you there....

Honestly though, once you can farm the hardest content in the game nearly as fast as the most geared players though....I just don't see the benefit of dropping my 5 set, changing my play style, and spending a few billion gold to get maybe 10-20% faster....I am content where I am at with the gold I have spent.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 02:37 AMPosted by yuench
Whats the point of comparsion when you got 260ish str in IK Helm? We are just talking about the norm. Not sure you wanna show off or what.

take a chill pil mate.

my point is simpe,mempo are way too over-priced, people should see that by having a good rolled ik helm which cost way less than a cc mempo is very comparable to a cc mempo.

what i'm trying to point out secondly is, mempo now is more like a show piece gear. To me,that's one of the factor why a mempo cost so much.

back to my first point,why not get a helm which is comparable to a mempo with cc at a much lower price?

and yes,of course the mempo with cc is the best end-game helm. all i'm trying to say is there are better option than having to spend 500m+ on a single piece of gear.
Reply Quote

LoL and looking at you easy as bring it
P.S can't you kill Diablo going on your Progress????
LoL oh my god LOOK AT your EHP in Diablo progress I would be hang my head in shame lol if I had that stat
Edited by Waycooloz#6135 on 12/4/2012 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

LoL oh my god LOOK AT your EHP in Diablo progress I would be hang my head in shame lol if I had that stat

Your research is irrelevant since I am not the one who is shameless and dumb enough to claim to be able to do mp10 EASILY. I can't do mp10 efficiently. But you are not even close.

Btw, EHP doesn't affect my speed since I am not dying a whole lot. We don't have PvP yet and EHP only matters to epeen who look at diablo progress every day.

Epic fail.
Reply Quote

Your research is irrelevant since I am not the one who is shameless and dumb enough to claim to be able to do mp10 EASILY. I can't do mp10 efficiently. But you are not even close.

Btw, EHP doesn't affect my speed since I am not dying a whole lot. We don't have PvP yet and EHP only matters to epeen who look at diablo progress every day.

Epic fail.

Dude get a education if you can, I feel so sorry for you. It's truly sad that you talk about issue's and options that you sadly lack an knowledge of. Instead of having a Ad-Hoc approach to what others can easily do and achieve and were you are greatly lacking, try to learn from your betters. At this stage I do not see any point in taking this further as I feel like so many others here that yes indeed you are truly lacking on many fronts. Good luck with your Ad Hoc approach to this game and life in generally you will need it.
P.S' Also notied your failure to reason why you can't complete the game would you require help in this factor maybe the low EHP score that you shameless have is stopping your ability to achieve this???
Nope stop I'm better then this and better then you Luck Mate
Edited by Waycooloz#6135 on 12/5/2012 3:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have a full IK set, decent rolls too.

And honestly? I usually only use 2-3 pieces at a time.

Boots, Belt and Chest most the time.

Helm when im feeling frisky.
Edited by AudioCG#1473 on 12/4/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I love the 5-piece IK set. I have tried using Mempo (without crit) and high rolled IC. But I still go back to 5-piece after 3 days.

I guess its what they say, once you have tasted 5-piece IK, you would not turn back.

Unless , maybe, possibly, when PVP actually does, highly unlikely, comes out, I will switch out 5-piece IK
Reply Quote
Wayneold nailed it right on the money like usual :) man has a way with words i suck at gettin my points out lol.

Im not saying ik5 is the best either it is no doubt less dps but it has to be. If it gave you the luxury it does and best dps.... Op way to op. if your goal is to epeen out like i said dont get ik5 but you simply cant sit there and bash it saying its not viable endgame material...

Luxury and utility vs 20% or so more dps ( and 3% less lifesteal if using witch hr too) which honestly is at least 10% of that extra 20% dps alone. Ik5 and ias legs are both perfectly viable engame sets the choice is yours to make in the end. But honestly those epeener top 100 barbs saying its not viable are dead wrong and with that ill end this debate :)

Edit one more thing this seem familiar to anyone with the cold soj vs rare ring debate lol? Just shows how much paper dps makes ppls epeens bulge. Been proven the elite dmg is more real dps than any rare ring at 300k+ dps but just cause they cant see the dps increase on their sheet they fight tooth and nail that the rares better.... Alll epeen man.
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 12/5/2012 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]