Diablo® III

Hall of Godly Demon Hunters Thread

For LS and LOH i've noticed that tank DHs with life regen just camp out and wait for people to attack. They build life when most come up to them and try to attack. Also longer brawls such as against a WD you will benefit a little since the fight is typically longer and you can build life off their pets. I personally don't use LS or LOH but did try it before. It does help a little but not worth it compare to high crit damage. Anyways it could still be considered.

As for discipline. I believe that if we have 70-80 disc we can keep up with legacy nats. I've done 1v1 yesterday with my friend and tested it out. We did not shoot and I wanted to see how much disc I would need to keep up. By the time I ran out of disc I used preparation and then continued on. By the time i ran out again my prep was ready again. But I would say legacy should have a little boost over new nats but not by much. The reason is because I would use up my backup plan which is 60% health gain while he still has that as a backup. In a real fight once i use up my prep im vulnerable while the legacy nats still has it available.

I tell you this though. legacy nats will not save you if you are a glass canon such as my friend. i think it was 20-0. Well the other factor is that he only had 80k dps with sharpshooter. lol.
Reply Quote
Definitely elite damage bonus should be counted fully. Reduced damage vs elites can't be counted at the moment unfortunately since it's not summarized at the left of the DP website.

+max disc value will be doubled as well as L4N under my proposal. So someone with 80 max disc will get a 50% bonus for pvp as opposed to 25% bonus under the current formula.
Reply Quote
I have a question for the DH PVP crowd.

Do calamity users do as well as manticore users in pvp? I'm wondering if I should place more emphasis on base damage as opposed to APS in the formula but I'm concerned that it might hurt calamity users a lot. However if calamity users don't do as well as manticore users, the drop might be warranted.

Would it be possible for someone with high level calamity and manticores to do some test duels and see which is generally more effective?
Reply Quote
would be interesting if i ever make it in there, but kudos to the guys that's already in the board.
Reply Quote
Yes they do. I've fought a couple of them before and they were a little difficult to bring down. Most use a shield and tons of life regen. Most used the blackthorne set and they would camp with brooding and aid station. It works pretty good against other chars but there are always ways to counter such as very high dps. The ones I met didn't have much dps though so the only way they killed me is if i sat in their turrets and tried to facetank them. Overall they do pretty well with decent gear. I would assume they do pretty good with godly gear. Also I haven't met one yet with a marquise ruby.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Beast
That's crazy, my friend. We'll have to do a run later when I get home so I can see that DPS in action. :)

sure my friend, actually my ehp-BT set got the higher score than my 500k+ dps set.

And plz record my new hall score of PVE wing in 1.07

DPS set:
Hall Score: 70,947.43

DPS Score: 536.15
EHP Score: 62.54
Sustain Score: 1.10
Move Score: 1.25
Paragon Score: 1.50
Misc Score: 1.03

EHP set:
Hall Score: 73,812.50

DPS Score: 409.31
EHP Score: 80.24
Sustain Score: 1.18
Move Score: 1.24

lol my EHP set is still higher
mate plz refresh my record of my EHP set
Edited by Kamikaze#6577 on 2/14/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 57,218.03

DPS Score: 353.15
EHP Score: 78.06
Sustain Score: 1.09
Misc Score: 1.02

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/cyon-1808/Cyon/28040304
Reply Quote
I also believe that ulostface#1341 sold most of his gear so his score would be different.
Reply Quote
It looks like ulostface has switched to 1H. I've moved him to that wing with a new score.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 01:07 PMPosted by blkdrgn
Yes they do. I've fought a couple of them before and they were a little difficult to bring down. Most use a shield and tons of life regen. Most used the blackthorne set and they would camp with brooding and aid station. It works pretty good against other chars but there are always ways to counter such as very high dps. The ones I met didn't have much dps though so the only way they killed me is if i sat in their turrets and tried to facetank them. Overall they do pretty well with decent gear. I would assume they do pretty good with godly gear. Also I haven't met one yet with a marquise ruby.

It seems calamity is only useful when paired with a stormshield in pvp....
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 61,442.45

DPS Score: 345.71
EHP Score: 86.60
Sustain Score: 1.09
Paragon Score: 1.49

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/v%C3%A3gisil-1781/Lulamdar/8825604
Reply Quote
For LS and LOH i've noticed that tank DHs with life regen just camp out and wait for people to attack. They build life when most come up to them and try to attack. Also longer brawls such as against a WD you will benefit a little since the fight is typically longer and you can build life off their pets. I personally don't use LS or LOH but did try it before. It does help a little but not worth it compare to high crit damage. Anyways it could still be considered.

As for discipline. I believe that if we have 70-80 disc we can keep up with legacy nats. I've done 1v1 yesterday with my friend and tested it out. We did not shoot and I wanted to see how much disc I would need to keep up. By the time I ran out of disc I used preparation and then continued on. By the time i ran out again my prep was ready again. But I would say legacy should have a little boost over new nats but not by much. The reason is because I would use up my backup plan which is 60% health gain while he still has that as a backup. In a real fight once i use up my prep im vulnerable while the legacy nats still has it available.

I tell you this though. legacy nats will not save you if you are a glass canon such as my friend. i think it was 20-0. Well the other factor is that he only had 80k dps with sharpshooter. lol.

@@ 80k dps with ss, do you even need to use prep? that doesn't mean anything
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 2/14/2013 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Updated score

Hall Score: 66,540.69

DPS Score: 373.24
EHP Score: 82.94
Sustain Score: 1.13
Reply Quote

@@ 80k dps with ss, do you even need to use prep? that doesn't mean anything

This was to test how much discipline I needed to equal legacy Nats. I basically needed 80 disc.
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 70,074.97

DPS Score: 351.31
EHP Score: 92.73

New DPS-PvE score
Edited by REVRAC#1267 on 2/15/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ BLKDRGN

Thanks for pointing out I have sold my new nats gear and manticore. I meant to get on here earlier to recalculate my score but I haven't been playing my demon hunter all that much since I hit paragon 100.

Here is my current PvE legacy set profile score

Hall Score: 41,806.26

DPS Score: 227.20
EHP Score: 67.77
Sustain Score: 1.08
Misc Score: 1.35

If anyone is interested in doing some PvP add me in game. I'm curious to see how my calamity works against high EHP tanks. I'm pretty tanky too when I throw in my amethyst gems... just under 1m EHP with the legacy set so it could be fun......or not so much for me if my calamity doesn't do any damage. lmao.
Edited by ulostface#1341 on 2/15/2013 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 70,074.97

DPS Score: 351.31
EHP Score: 92.73

New DPS-PvE score

When are you going to upgrade the rest of your gems? I did mine just for the hell of it even though it hardly did anything.

But my new amulet finally brought me into the 500k buffed / 1 mil ehp group. I can still use my Lacunis but i lose 200k ehp but still over 1 mil ehp but i gain 10k dps. Will test it out on MP10 and Ubers to see if it makes a difference. I'm thinking the increased attack speed will makeup for the loss of ehp.
Reply Quote
Hi Celanian, I beat the new record for Bow Wing honorable mention.
Thanks!

Hall Score: 32,170.83

DPS Score: 263.04
EHP Score: 49.91
Sustain Score: 1.44
Paragon Score: 1.31
Misc Score: 1.05

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/frozenarrow-1722/FrozenArrow/29472602
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 2/15/2013 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, I've decided that I'm going to reduce the LS coefficient in the sustain score from .2 to .1, but only for Xbow users since I don't want Windforce users to have their scores drop massively. There is no easy way to do this since DP doesn't summarize the type of user at the left of their profile screen.

Here is how I'm going to tentatively do this. If you have less than 2 attacks per second, your LS coefficient will be .1, otherwise it will be .2. I've taken a look and every Bow user in the Hall has at least 2.1 APS. Some extremely geared Xbow users might get that high, but it would be very unusual. Also, 1H xbow users with LS might get a bonus, but that's something I can live with since they are not currently dominating the list.

Any issues or unintended side effects that I might have missed?
Reply Quote
To summarize my pvp thoughts:

1) 1 wing of 20 names. No sub wings

2) EHP is counted fully instead of diminishing returns

3) Remove LOH/LS from sustain score

4) Remove Paragon score

5) Full bonuses to elite damage in dps score

6) DPS is divided by 1/2 the attacks per second above 1. So 2 APS means you divide your dps by 1.5. (Not sure on this one since 1H and Bow users will be severely penalized)

7) Double the value of disc. Each +1 max disc adds 1% to score and L4N adds 60% to score

8) Can't add elite damage reduction since DP doesn't summarize it in their profile page

Does this sound good to everyone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]