DPS Score: 303.20
EHP Score: 70.19
Sustain Score: 1.10
Move Score: 1.24
Paragon Score: 1.47
Misc Score: 1.02
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Apotheosis
Time to look for a godly eHP piece, swap it in to have it reflected in dp, swap it out when in game and watch my score soar. I definitely underestimated how much eHP and mitigation is being weighed with this system.

You can blame Revrac for that. I originally had the breakpoints for EHP lower, but he convinced me that EHP should be weighted more. Actually, he wanted the breakpoints even higher than what I eventually went with, but I did draw a line in the sand. ;)
Reply Quote
Lol, no need to blame anyone but putting so much emphasis on eHP on a ranged class is just...bonkers.

We might as well start putting billions of gold/dollar figures next to the rankings, cause trying to attain gear with eHP rolls as a DH is significantly more costly due to the fact that we don't get the 30% damage reduction that melee classes do, for a reason - cause it's a ranged class.

Just my 2 cents. I could easily give up 200k in dps to gain 200k in eHP and have my score surpass 45k easily just for the sake of this hall, which is just crazy, imo.

People are just gonna think that this is the "Hall of Godly RMAH/pay2win/AH flipping DHs." Which wouldn't exactly be far from the truth.
Edited by Apotheosis#1815 on 12/5/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lol, no need to blame anyone but putting so much emphasis on eHP on a ranged class is just...bonkers.

We might as well start putting billions of gold/dollar figures next to the rankings, cause trying to attain gear with eHP rolls as a DH is significantly more costly due to the fact that we don't get the 30% damage reduction that melee classes do, for a reason - cause it's a ranged class.

Just my 2 cents. I could easily give up 200k in dps to gain 200k in eHP and have my score surpass 45k easily just for the sake of this hall, which is just crazy, imo.

People are just gonna think that this is the "Hall of Godly RMAH/pay2win/AH flipping DHs." Which wouldn't exactly be far from the truth.

1) You had an opportunity in the other thread to make your opinion known.

2) If you give up 200K dps to gain 200K ehp, your score would drop tremendously.

3) People who have the very best gear generally use RMAH/AH flipping no matter what the ranking system. You'd have to be insanely lucky to get to Revrac's level just on drops.
Reply Quote
TiagoMD#1658

Hall Score: 34,176.48

DPS Score: 249.50
EHP Score: 65.79
Sustain Score: 1.12
Paragon Score: 1.46
Misc Score: 1.03
Reply Quote
Nash#6830

Hall Score: 35,885.85

DPS Score: 282.82
EHP Score: 60.49
Sustain Score: 1.11
Paragon Score: 1.36
Misc Score: 1.12

Still far off from the top... Lol
Reply Quote
damn, i can solo mp8 just fine. and my score is not even half of these guys lol

15,855 hall score
Reply Quote
New score

Hall Score: 65,488.83

DPS Score: 332.97
EHP Score: 92.82
Sustain Score: 1.13
Paragon Score: 1.48
Misc Score: 1.02

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/revrac-1267/Revrac/3316454
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 36,101.16

DPS Score: 227.29
EHP Score: 60.46
Sustain Score: 1.08
Paragon Score: 1.49
Misc Score: 1.33

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dragus-1935/Windforce/1124232

power to lazy legacy nats! :)
Reply Quote
Im almost embarrassed to put my score here compared to these guys..... 1hand xbow here

Hall Score: 14,006.61

DPS Score: 166.96
EHP Score: 45.03
Sustain Score: 1.07
Paragon Score: 1.28
Misc Score: 1.10
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/chewychua-1812/baroness/11380120
Reply Quote
@chewychua 22,800

@nom

What numbers do you consider "meaningless and arbitrary" out of:

DPS
EHP
MS
LOH
LS
Regen
Health
Paragon Level
Max Disc
Hatred Regen
Disc Regen

As far as I can tell, these numbers are universally agreed upon to be valuable to DHs (except maybe Paragon Level).

IIRC, your suggestions in the other thread basically boiled down to measuring just 3 things; xp/hr, elite kills/hr, and rare/set/legends/hr. For many reasons dealing with practicality, this is not an acceptable scoring system for a Hall.
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 5,006.97

DPS Score: 89.95
EHP Score: 33.14
Sustain Score: 1.10
Move Score: 1.12
Paragon Score: 1.25
Misc Score: 1.09

Troll. :)) LOL, damn. Look at that Score ;)

Then I updated.. and..

Hall Score: 8,069.71

DPS Score: 92.24
EHP Score: 38.94
Sustain Score: 1.38
Paragon Score: 1.25
Misc Score: 1.05

Still. DAMN >_<
Reply Quote
Last I heard, variables ARE numbers. You are being very imprecise with your terminology.

As you confirmed in your last post, you want everything to be based on xp/elite kills/loot per hour. If that is the case, then no Hall will ever satisfy you.
Reply Quote
Last I heard, variables ARE numbers. You are being very imprecise with your terminology.

As you confirmed in your last post, you want everything to be based on xp/elite kills/loot per hour. If that is the case, then no Hall will ever satisfy you.

lol

well there has to be some basis in REALITY here. if you aren't willing to take reality into account, your "hall" will never be worth much.

basically yes, you need to do better than "well, I asked this one guy, who has really good gear, where to make the cut-offs, and he said to do this, so that's what I did"

Please. LOL. pretty sad.

edit: i mean...you're lumping max discipline, discipline regen, and hatred regen together...thats already completely beyond silly...

Ah, the old reality argument. Take a look at the current rankings. Is there any gross mismatches? Do you find that someone with a 35k score is actually better than someone with a 50k score? If the rankings are generally the way you would expect people to be ranked, then you must concede that they have SOME basis in REALITY.

I had extensive experience running the Barb Hall. I did ask opinions, but I generally know what numbers make a character better.

As you admitted, the only numbers you're happy with are xp/elite kills/loot per hour. Why don't you run your own Hall with just those factors?
Reply Quote
Just a suggestion, maybe do an alternate score with everybody normalized to 0 paragon level or 100 paragon level, so that score reflect purely of gear quality, which is what most of us care the most about anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]