Diablo® III

Hall of Godly Demon Hunters Thread

Who on the list has poor itemization and shouldn't be ranked so high? Please give specific names.

Anybody using Bat Companion has a gear problem that is being band-aided by items. Do you really want me to go down the list? Most of these "top" players are using it.

Yes, please go down the list. If you are going to say that a player's gears are poorly itemized, then at least have the decency to say the names directly instead of beating around the bush.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 10:17 PMPosted by nom
it's hard for me to even identify who would be a good demon hunter because they are probably fairly deep down in the trenches and too busy playing and gearing for performance to land high on these arbitrary metrics like diablo progress and your hall, etc.

the thing is, the game has been repeated nerfed to the ground that any n00b with a bit of gold can roflstomp inferno on mp0/1, which is the most efficient level to farm at (for both XP and gear arguably). to do ubers on higher MP doesn't take a lot either, since the game's been out for so long and legendary drop rate doubling etc, the market has a ton of good gear for cheap.

so at this point, how do you separate the good players from the godly? im pretty sure in terms of mp0 farm speed, a guy with 200k dps, 300ehp isn't much slower (if any at all) than a guy with 300k dps and 1m ehp, so farming efficiency doesn't really work. without pvp we can't settle this in fights either. so people made up scoring system to try to compare characters (e.g. diabloprogress, and OP's score system).

also could you explain your comment about archery with xbow? i cannot figure out why you say it like its a bad thing that people are using it. the scores are based on unbuffed stats so passives don't count first of all, and secondly whats wrong with increasing dps with a passive in game?
Reply Quote
Archery according to Diablo progress is in 72% of all HC DH and in 74% of all SC DH, so what is your point? This is based on top500 heroscores for DH. Most DH will have that skill. Does it matter it is for hand crossbow, crossbow or bow?
Edited by RaveaAngel#6183 on 12/6/2012 11:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
A huge percentage are using bat companion, and a lot are using ARCHERY with a CROSSBOW

talk about a wasted passive, let alone skill slots...these are the "godly" demon hunters? good lord.

it's like ranking which car is fastest by who has the most horsepower. horsepower doesn't win you a rally race.

it's hard for me to even identify who would be a good demon hunter because they are probably fairly deep down in the trenches and too busy playing and gearing for performance to land high on these arbitrary metrics like diablo progress and your hall, etc.

Still waiting for the list of specific names. Are you going to put up or shut up?

You are an utter moron if you think Archery with a crossbow is a wasted passive. I can't believe you think yourself some sort of expert at DH and you make one of the dumbest comments on these boards ever. 50% CD is gigantic when you have high crit chance.

I think anyone who you name as a poor player (still waiting for the list by the way) should wear it as a badge of honor.

Edit: I just checked and archery gives me 17K dps and my CC is only 48%. If my CC were 60+% like some of the top DHs, that would be an even bigger increase.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 12/6/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 11:24 PMPosted by nom
The idea that with a "gg gear set" that you can just "pick any build you want" is a fallacy, 100%.

do you mean there are builds that a "gg gear set" cannot make work? or do you mean even with gg gear sets you are limited to only certain builds? if the former then can you give some examples of builds that a "gg gear set" can't make work. if the latter then i think it's more of a game design issue than a gearing/build issue
Reply Quote
hey Celanian.. dun rank me.. at least not yet..
if i want to be ranked i will take out the hell fire.. tyvm
Reply Quote
erm... so nom... what is the passive u are talking about? brooding? i am pretty sure any of the people in the top 20 list can use shadow power and instant heal just fine.

anyway, godly dh, in ur terms, seems to be defined by using specific passives and skills? but if the player playstyle isnt suited to using the passive, then isnt it gonna weaken his capabilities instead?

The reason is this: it just doesn't expand your capabilities that much. It's simply a damage gain, and not an overly massive one in a global perspective. Other passives can offer much more ridiculous gains in the form of numbers (damage) appearing over the enemies head. The idea that with a "gg gear set" that you can just "pick any build you want" is a fallacy, 100%.

so what is the capability u are talking about? isnt killing capability the TOP capability that we all want? and u yourself said that farming speed shd be one of the defining points of a top dh? so higher killing capability = faster farming = better dh? so what skills or passive are u proposing to give us a higher capability to kill other than archery?
Reply Quote
I'm getting the feeling playing HC has given nom an increasingly large ego that is making him delusional.

I'm really curious to what are better alternatives to archery since most of our passives are terrible or a niche build (grenades, rockets).
Reply Quote
maybe OP shd start a HC Dh hall... this shd solve the problem =)
Edited by AuJo#6730 on 12/7/2012 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 11:24 PMPosted by nom
Archery is a pretty weak passive compared to a lot of alternatives, at any monster power. Especially with the variety of gear available to these players.

I have refrained from responding to your imbecilic comments in this thread and in many others, even complimenting you on your prowess in hardcore, but enough is enough. I am calling it how it is.....your simply a jealous person. I am VERY sorry that your not getting the recognition YOU think YOU deserve. And since that is not occuring your only possible way to get people to recognize you is through ridiculous comments like the one I quoted. Archery simply put is a mandatory skill and if not mandatory then only removed in a gimmick build. PLEASE and I mean PLEASE explain the " lots of alternatives" to Archery because I would love to use it.

Furthermore, your vitriloic statements in regards to Celanian and his models are just another example of your jealousy. Since you cannot get a ranking in this hall because you choose to focus on HC, you have to rant and rave like a lunatic about how everyone else is wrong and your right. The final say in this matter is the public, and the public has spoken loud and clear on this except for a few crazy people.....they like this thread.....they want to be ranked.

So seriously do yourself a favor and quit looking like a jealous fool, only out to get attention. Thank you and good night!
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Pwnsauce
I just don't understand how my score is lower than Aujo's

why are u aiming me? but if u really want an answer perhaps its because my dh is not named sauce...
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 30,459.31

DPS Score: 173.43
EHP Score: 53.85
Sustain Score: 1.33
Move Score: 1.24
Paragon Score: 1.37
Misc Score: 1.45

why am i lower than Aujo??!?!?! fml
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 12:51 AMPosted by PewPewTiuTiu

you need to pewpew more. Should have upgraded to the Nerf Big Bad Bow.
Reply Quote
Hall Score: 16,298.01

DPS Score: 160.99
EHP Score: 37.19
Sustain Score: 1.19
Paragon Score: 1.32
Misc Score: 1.40
Reply Quote
www.diabloprogress.com/e!@#$%/myepenisislargerthanyours/epeenyo,itsthewaytogo
Reply Quote
Posted by PewPewTiuTiu

you need to pewpew more. Should have upgraded to the Nerf Big Bad Bow.

nawwwwwwwwwww then my hero score would be insane
Reply Quote
I bet if my Destiny Scorn ring was exactly the same except that it had an extra 50 CD, it would be worth 300M to 500M as opposed to its almost vendor trash status at the moment.

After upgrading pants, my new score is 6,735. It'll be a long time before I can make my own Hall, especially with my Barb grabbing the lion's share of my budget. :)
Reply Quote
Giving this a shot for WF =)

Though using WH rakes more score than using innas favor last time I check with diabloprogress. Not sure though but my score went down when I swap to innas.

Hall Score: 33,593.24

DPS Score: 189.96
EHP Score: 55.34
Sustain Score: 1.58
Paragon Score: 1.49
Misc Score: 1.10
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/7/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]