Diablo® III

why is paper damage so low?

My profile only reads something like 75k damage but in game damage is over 100k without sharpshooter. Then I have 2.5 attacks per second so I end up doing more damage.

I recently switched to this dual wield (yesterday) from manticore and dead man's legacy quiver as an experiment bc I'm tired of being one of everybody using a manticore.

Any advice/tips/thoughts? Please help!
Reply Quote
You need more crit chance, plain and simple solution also try calamity/DML
Reply Quote
Dual Wield you have to stack Crit Chance and Crit Damage...

Gloves, and Ammy are Primary for Crit Chance...
Secondary Bracers, Helm, and Rings
Weapons with Natural crit and socket are your primary source of crit damage
Secondary Ammy, Rings Gloves and Belt
Reply Quote
Dual Wield you have to stack Crit Chance and Crit Damage...

Gloves, and Ammy are Primary for Crit Chance...
Secondary Bracers, Helm, and Rings
Weapons with Natural crit and socket are your primary source of crit damage
Secondary Ammy, Rings Gloves and Belt

+1

well said, good info ;)
Reply Quote
One thing it took me awhile to learn is that if everyone is doing something that generally means it is because that is the best thing to do, at least in this game. :P

For example, I used evasive fire forever because I liked it and wanted to be different. I found that bola shot is more effective, and elemental arrow is better for farming low mp levels. I used windforce for a long long time because I wanted to be different, but manticore is more effective.

Having said that, it keeps the game interesting to try different playstyles. I really enjoyed playing with windforce and throwing one on my scoundrel, and I may go back to it. But for now I'm enjoying playing with manticore and blowing stuff up with huge spike trap crits and bola explosions. After I get bored of this I may switch to calamity and go for a bola stun build with high attack speed. Experimentation is fun and keeps the game interesting, but you have to realize also that if the best players are doing things one way it is probably the most effective. :)
Reply Quote
Thread title: "why is paper damage so low?"

OP:
My profile only reads something like 75k damage but in game damage is over 100k without sharpshooter. Then I have 2.5 attacks per second so I end up doing more damage.

???
Reply Quote
"????"
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Gnosis41227
from manticore and dead man's legacy quiver as an experiment bc I'm tired of being one of everybody using a manticore.

Hipster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]