Diablo® III

question for the cm/ww pros about mitigation

View profile
Is it worth it to get 90% dmg mitigation, as i'm currently at 89.69% with -14 from elite dmg but +5 from fire dmg.
Basically I need to know do I go mempo, bt ammy or similar lacuni with ar instead for my next upgrade
B/c not counting the addition of any int i need 35 more ar to have 90% dmg mitigation
Reply Quote
Do it!
Reply Quote
I think the question that needs to be answered is, when you do your upgrade how much is it going to increase DPS or other stats and are you currently experiencing and problems with mitigation?

for increase in DPS and you do not have problems yet with mitigation, the issue could be RD/electrify. That being said it changes everything if you are already having problems. but if you are trying to gain IAS and/or crit chance it totally changes everything. This is why more info is needed.

Edit: unless I am totally misunderstanding you and the question is should you just for the sake of doing it uincrease mitigation... I dont think that little amount of increase is going to change much at the level you are already at. It will help in the long run, but then its a cost/benefit analysis.
Edited by apotheun#1677 on 11/28/2012 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
pss im in the same boat right now, got like 300 mill to spend and am not sure if i want to get an apoc chants and a !@#$ty mempo for the ehp increase to open up my way to the nats set, im stuck with legacy zuni till i get mempo to compensate for the ias loss.

or just screw it and just get a new gg wills wand.

thing is i feel my mitigation is ok for what im farming and what is holding me back is the dps not the ehp.
Reply Quote
When you find yourself wondering whether its worth getting like .1% higher protection for millions of gold it's time to go mempo. Start saving and make the leap when you're at 500 m gold so you can get a apoc force. Stop this nonsense man!
Reply Quote
my dilema is a bit different but related.

I can get more ar easily just getting some more on gloves or an ar witching without it being stupidly expensive. (60-100 mill)

I know my endgame is gona be apoc chants + mempo which will also be an even bigger ehp increase, because the good thing about this route is i will be able to switch my boots and ring for a nats set, more ehp and cc. But this is stupidly expensive (500-700 mill easy) if i want to get good pieces.

or

since im sporting a pretty !@#$ty wills wand (920 dps socketed 1.65) i eventually will want to change that coz getting a 200 dps increase is like 20k dps more without touching my ehp which is ok right now for what im farming. this average expensive (200-300 mill)
Reply Quote
You don't need anymore mitigation. Increase your DPS. Anymore EH is just futile. But get rid of that Andy lol +Fire dmg taken is nasty. Time for Mempo !
Reply Quote
btw sorry for highjacking the thread with my own dilemas.

But i have to agree, ur setup for that mempo. though a nice trifecta bt ammy could be awsome too, ehp + dps gain conserving the loh.

edit: forget what i said about the bt ammy hadnt noticed you were wearing a bt chest and already have de 100 vit bonus..... Actually it might not be a bad idea coz it has the %life on it, and me thinks right now that ur biggest ehp boost would come from vit not mitigation.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 11/28/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
thanx everyone for the advice im probably gonna go bt ammy first since itll give me 6% boost against elites and then go mempo, just so i can troll ppl with my andys helm (its actually starting to grow on me)

ximae i dont mind the thread jacking as ur in a spot that i used to be where upgrading 1 pieces means that ure forced to upgrade one other piece of gear
personally if i was in ur shoes id upgrade wand (not needed but the dps boost means ull farm faster) then source with apoc then mempo/Lacuni (i know its not on ur wishlist but itll probably be cheaper than a mempo and also gives u movespeed) and then u can get nats set
Reply Quote
sup, i lost the bid to the wand i was after but i think i scored a good deal on an apoc chants force , what do you think about it, it was 135 mil.

ive even still got 200 mill saved up to snatch the wand when see a good deal on the ah.

its ah lurking time :D
Reply Quote
135 for that source is an awesome deal. Nice snipe!
Reply Quote
From one point of view, you need migher mitigation to survive reflect damage as you increase your dps...

So you can either upgrade dps first and not have the mitigation to survive it, or upgrade mitigation first and live easier until you get more dps.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 08:14 AMPosted by BDF
From one point of view, you need migher mitigation to survive reflect damage as you increase your dps...

I would wait on mitigation purely due to reflect damage mobs. There was a blue post about devs taking a look at the RD affix. I think they will nerf it in some manner.

The way RD interacts with MP just doesn't make sense. You need more damage to kill higher MP mobs and more EHP to handle the MP scaling. It's a pretty proportionate scale with just these two variables. When you throw in RD mobs, the EHP scale to counteract MP and RD scaling is just unreasonable for the average player.

I think there are only two reasons to increase EHP right now. To handle the MPX ubers you want to do, and to run a SNS variant. RD will be fixed in some manner to make more sense.

Edit: You can also cheat RD mobs with Safe Passage, or just by not spamming EB right now too.
Edited by Junger#1623 on 11/29/2012 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

So you can either upgrade dps first and not have the mitigation to survive it, or upgrade mitigation first and live easier until you get more dps.

well my physiscal resistance is at 790 and loh 1280 so rd is not an issue really, maybe at 140k dps it might be.... probably wont know till i take the path.

but u really hit the nail with the comment coz right now im not really sure what to do, get a 1130-50 dps will or get an average int 4.5 cc mempo..... dilemas dilemas.... dps... ehp... what to do?

i guess il let ah snipe god decide for me lol.
Reply Quote
aw crap ... what would you guys do?
Reply Quote
ok finally made up my mind and got my self my mempo... for 185mill, what do you guys think i feel the price is correct but not a steal.

since i still had some spare cash i and got my self a nats set, the ring is not a cc one but something i can use while i save up for the real deal. this was much cheaper than i expected just spent 20 mill on boots and ring.
Reply Quote
That's about the right price for a mempo. Got mine for a similar price
Reply Quote
I hate your andy's helm, and in turn it likely hates me too.
Reply Quote
thx for the confirm jellzroc, i was thinking so my self but havent been lurking mempos for long so i wasnt sure if there was a spike in the market prices, people who overprice gear in ah and others follow suit even if it doesnt sell.

thing is i wanted a 4.5cc one at least but getting it with good int and decent rolls was a bit more than what i had to spend. Last night i was too impatient to keep lurking untill something like that poped up for under 220 mil.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]