Diablo® III

Newest Patch, can't login to D3

So, as the headline says, I can't login to the game. I enter password and then a box pops up and says that a new patch is available, game will shut down, install patch and I can continue playing. That doesn't seem to be happening. Can't log in. Maybe patch not installing? Also, when launch client opens, it says that the game is up to date.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Purgatorio,

Could you try what's described in the following two articles please and then try the game again?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

If the above doesn't resolve it, delete the Diablo III\Updates folder along with the Diablo III.mfil and Diablo III.tfil files. Try the game again after these have been deleted.
Reply Quote
same is happening to me , i will check if they work

* i open d3 and it goes to log in , i try to log in and says update needed and says it will go back and auto update but it doesnt so just looping
Edited by cozmic#2718 on 11/29/2012 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
i did what you said Omrakos and i did the first 2 and still didnt work now i deleted the update folder in program files and the other 2 files and its saying failed to launch a critical file ?? looks like im gonna have to redownload , hopefuly this sorts it out
Reply Quote
Hello Omrakos,

I tried all these and didnt work still, are you fixing it soon ?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ismail ,

Please don/t reopen old threads, just make a new one describing the problem you're having.

I see you have an EU Battle.net and game account. If you happen to be using the US game client or have ever ever modified the Agent.db file in the past, you would have been patched to a version not matching the EU servers as they haven't been patched yet.
Reply Quote
I have done just this....is there a way to downgrade to the previous patch still running on the EU servers?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Talvard ,

Not really. Patching modifies game client files. We don't release patches to unmodify files that need to be modified to be current. You could always install the EU client to play on EU servers. It wouldn't be patched until the EU region is ready to do so.
Reply Quote
I have the EU client but when I launched diablo 3 today, it automatically changed the option to "The Americas" and then patched, now I have the same issue as the owner of this thread. I thought the EU and The Americas used the same client as you could switch between them in the options?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help, I solved my problem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]