Diablo® III

So.. its cm or nuthin hey?

getting tired of every class in this game only have one specc that is usefull passed mp1.
blizz u need to buff every skill.. i mean every single one. the desicion on wich skills to use is too easy.
Reply Quote
That's totally not true. Archon has its strengthsas well and they can easily go up to mp 5 plus. Cm is not a super efficient build but is by far the best crowd control spec in the game.
Reply Quote
i do mp9 ubers with archon, just get alot of dps and lifesteal, can tank while healing to full
Reply Quote
ok so there are 2 specs available to wizards.. great.. bored already. selling my wiz if anyone wants.. so i can pay for a hero that isnt complete !@#$ and boring
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Nedo
i do mp9 ubers with archon, just get alot of dps and lifesteal, can tank while healing to full

what do you do when archon wears off ?
Reply Quote
To address pigionholing they should just halve monster HP and increase their damage by at least 50% AND bring back enrage.

Keeps CM scubs out of mp10 or any scrubs who just stacks ar and armor in lieu of DPS out

Right now a 10K DPS CM or dreadnought barb or any other class defensive spec can BEAT mp10 for about 35m.

Makes Archon and high DPS other specs/class viable in MP10.

And yeah all range spells need at least a 200% buff to compete with archon and CM.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/29/2012 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here's a guy solo mp10 ubers...not CM or Achon

ROF build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG_9ypO5oug
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Vladis

what do you do when archon wears off ?

As an Archon wiz I do MP8 carries with another CM wiz and MP10 runs if a team of friends is online. When Archon wears off I refresh it in less than 10 seconds if fighting SB/ZK or Ghom/Exe. This puts me in Archon mode longer than being out of Archon. When fighting SK/Mag my dps is sufficient to simply DPS with WW and Electrocute and save Archon for spawned skeletons and thralls.

Maybe someday I'll follow Jellz's suggestion and fraps a run and post it on Youtube.
Reply Quote

ROF build

I haven't played my wizard like that since like....a few weeks after launch. It was kinda scary how good I got at blizz/hydra/ pulse kiting.
Reply Quote

ROF build

That's quite impressive. Sadly, CM procs quite well from Ray of Frost and would probably make a decent addition to his build for refreshing DS and TP.
Reply Quote

ROF build

that makes me miss kiting & blizz hydra days :-(
Reply Quote
@ Nanji - The problem is that you aren't the one doing carries, your CM friend is. You're just providing DPS. I'm sure your CM friend could do the carries without you, and I'm 95% sure you couldn't do them without him (your stats and mine aren't drastically different)

But yeah, basically 2 specs: Archon and CM. A bad CM can still kill just about anything, given a long attention span and 2.74 APS. A bad archon will still run MP0-1 really fast but will die at MP3-4. A top CM can kill anything and is only really challenged by a few combos and fights. A top archon can do MP6 or 7 smoothly.
Reply Quote
There's way more than one viable build. See here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930
Edited by MrIr8#1955 on 11/30/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
kinda hit the boredom too. I am actually rolling my second wiz, lol. I guess I can try diff builds in lower mp's. Meteor builds looks fun - might give that a shot.
Reply Quote
@ Maysrill

My response was an answer to 'what to do when Archon wears off'. Yet I think you bring up an interesting point of discussion: What value does an Archon (or any other DPS) bring to a carry team?

While I agree that CM is an absolute key component in the carry team I also believe that a smooth carry team also has the DPS side of the equation solved because that's never a guarantee with whoever you are bringing along. Admittedly I'm speaking from a point of view of someone with a fragile ego (myself) trying to prove my own self worth, so that comes with a grain of salt. :P

I know for a fact that there are CM wizards who carry 3 at a time so there's no question about that. Would it be as seamless or easy without a guaranteed and proven DPS? I don't think so. Just last night we ran 2 groups through who were mostly dead the whole time, especially against Mag / SK. Could the DPS be anyone other than an Archon wizard? Definitely; add any other high DPS player and you've got the team setup. My point is that it's possible to be consistent high DPS as an Archon despite the long cooldown of the ability.

Just as food for thought the reason I call it a team and say, "we" is there's more than just guaranteed DPS I bring. I'll start an MP8 game while my friend looks for a couple people to bring along. I clear Woods leaving only elites up. If there's a pack I generally kill all but 1 elite (unless it's health link, I've made that mistake before) and try to position them as a group outside one of the 2 dungeons there. I also locate and setup the KW and make sure we have another elite group (or even two if time allows) available somewhere if the occasion calls for a refresh. Once everything's staged we've usually got a couple folks set to join and everyone joins up on a pre-staged game. At the end of the run we go through and finish off KW and whatever left over elite groups are positioned, just to sweeten the carry experience.

Essentially it's a smooth positive experience for anyone who comes along with us which is my goal. Key components for this? One CM wizard and one DPS working well in tandem seems to be a great setup. :)
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Maysrill
@ Nanji - The problem is that you aren't the one doing carries, your CM friend is. You're just providing DPS. I'm sure your CM friend could do the carries without you, and I'm 95% sure you couldn't do them without him (your stats and mine aren't drastically different)

Agree but that's only because his build is setup for DPS and not for both (Tank/DPS).

11/30/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Maysrill
But yeah, basically 2 specs: Archon and CM. A bad CM can still kill just about anything, given a long attention span and 2.74 APS. A bad archon will still run MP0-1 really fast but will die at MP3-4. A top CM can kill anything and is only really challenged by a few combos and fights. A top archon can do MP6 or 7 smoothly.

Not sure why people keep assuming archon is only good up to mp7... MP7 is a joke no matter what build you use.

I switch b/w CM-Archon and CM- explosive blast depending on how my fingers feel. The only difference b/w two build is the farming speed and it's not much of a difference.

@Vladis

You tank when archon wear off brutha.

Archon two man and solo MP10 uber

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004043993
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]