Diablo® III

*S&B Barb Q&A Thread*

@ op,
I'm at work right now.. Will link the SS in here when I reach home. U should see Nikeboy SS it's better than mine :) actually u shud see his gears!! It's badass!! I always look for them if I wanna upgrade my gears.. Some of the few badass SnB r Baller,Nikeboy & Crypter.
@ NikeBoy
I just bought a new MH. And yes I can sustain without LS in the weapon. Thanks a lot mate!
Edited by PlainDoe#6114 on 12/3/2012 6:28 PM PST
Yeah SnB!

IMO, go for the stormshield with higher block rate.
Stormshield pricing is quite an anomaly these days, so try to snipe for one of these babies. I paid for a 30%blk, 187 str, 8.5 CC stormshield about 1.5 months ago for 28 mil. Two days later, the one I have on right now popped in the AH for 13mil. It's not 34% but I gladly paid for it and resold my previous SS. I'm thinking most people don't bother with shields anymore hence the price inconsistencies.
Hey man,

We are still alive.

Crypter and PowPowBoom gave some very solid advice and have some really interesting builds. Please dont look at my build right now, its still got me using a WW, since I rock the WW build w/ shield sometimes on MP3 for quick run by leveling when im bored.

Im currently gettin a HC barb together.... Havent logged in SC for a few days.

Anyways as the other have said a lot of the top SnB's have posted in here.... Crypter, PowPowboom, NikeBoy, Jook.... we are all very different so check us out to get some ideas. One thing in common is we all have stormshields (hint hint... get one!).

-Baller
Yet another SnB barb coming out of the wood work with a storm shield.....

Cracked the 100k dps unbuffed barrier, with interest @112k dps and 150k dps with marauder's 30%.
Depending what im doing, i'll either run blood thirst, brawler or animosity as my third passive. Brawler ramps the dps up to 190k odd in full flight with frenzy and enchantress buff, very handy right when you need it, surrounded by lovely targets to slice up into bits with rend/revenge.
Starting to run mp7 solo.
Long way to go to catch up to the big boys, but i'm getting there!
add me, i have a shield that you might want
All the people telling to people to "keep at it" in SnB are doing people a disservice.

Get 10CC Stormshield or DO NOT GO SWORD AND BOARD.

9.0+CC Stormshield is the minimum requirement to make SnB not worse than 2h or dual-wield.

Also keep in mind that block just doesnt matter against the things that kill you.

Arcane, poison, fire chains, desecrator, molton, frozen Cannot Be Blocked.

If you are getting killed by anything else you have way too low EHP in general anyways.
Edited by TehCommunism#1537 on 12/3/2012 8:49 PM PST
View profile
@ op,
I'm at work right now.. Will link the SS in here when I reach home. U should see Nikeboy SS it's better than mine :) actually u shud see his gears!! It's badass!! I always look for them if I wanna upgrade my gears.. Some of the few badass SnB r Baller,Nikeboy & Crypter.
@ NikeBoy
I just bought a new MH. And yes I can sustain without LS in the weapon. Thanks a lot mate!

told you man! you dont really need the LS on the weapon as it will be a bottleneck to your DPS increase. the LS on your belt should be enough, so how much dps did you increased?
Shout out to a fellow SnB barb that just gave me a new shield! =D
You know who you are ;) but since you didn’t post on here I’ll respect your wanting to be anonymous

@NikeBoy yeah! SnB all the way!

@PlainDoe
Hey sorry but after thinking a bit I’ll try to save up for a 30+% and at least 9CC .. I just think that it’ll be better for me in the long run… some other SnB barb share this point as well. Thank for the offer to help though = )

@Impepe
Hahaha yeah price were huge back then… my templar got my old tank SS that I sniped for a bit over 2 mil a while back
Your SS is 13 mil?? You kidding me?? That’s a really good deal!! I think that’s +20mil

@Baller
Yeah I totally should get a SS but I also should look for the right now … now something like yours is just pure awesomeness with perfect block and CC and elites reductions

@Dabait
I added you … what kind of shield you got? You’re peeking my interest by being mysterious like this lol

@TehCommunism
So your saying go higher CC but it doesn’t matter the block%?
I was talking to the SnB barb that just donate to me my new shield and yeah he said for me to save up .. I think 9cc minium but also 30block as well… your thoughts and comment?
@ op,
@ NikeBoy

told you man! you dont really need the LS on the weapon as it will be a bottleneck to your DPS increase. the LS on your belt should be enough, so how much dps did you increased?

Lifesteal on weapon or bloodthirst isnt needed if you have LS onbelt.... no need unless you have a witching hour.....

NikeBoy.... whats up with you upgradin and passin me up mate? .... Good Stuff!
Shout out to a fellow SnB barb that just gave me a new shield! =D
You know who you are ;) but since you didn’t post on here I’ll respect your wanting to be anonymous

@NikeBoy yeah! SnB all the way!

@PlainDoe
Hey sorry but after thinking a bit I’ll try to save up for a 30+% and at least 9CC .. I just think that it’ll be better for me in the long run… some other SnB barb share this point as well. Thank for the offer to help though = )

@Impepe
Hahaha yeah price were huge back then… my templar got my old tank SS that I sniped for a bit over 2 mil a while back
Your SS is 13 mil?? You kidding me?? That’s a really good deal!! I think that’s +20mil

@Baller
Yeah I totally should get a SS but I also should look for the right now … now something like yours is just pure awesomeness with perfect block and CC and elites reductions

@Dabait
I added you … what kind of shield you got? You’re peeking my interest by being mysterious like this lol

@TehCommunism
So your saying go higher CC but it doesn’t matter the block%?
I was talking to the SnB barb that just donate to me my new shield and yeah he said for me to save up .. I think 9cc minium but also 30block as well… your thoughts and comment?

You can block fire chains, not sure what communism is talking about, plus the shields gives you a butt load of armor and all resist/melee reduction/elite reduction. Not 100% but I think you can block desacrate to.
View profile

Lifesteal on weapon or bloodthirst isnt needed if you have LS onbelt.... no need unless you have a witching hour.....

NikeBoy.... whats up with you upgradin and passin me up mate? .... Good Stuff!

haha only few upgrades mate, im just adding some dex in my stats and it's actually pretty cool! i got 18% dodge at the moment and im significantly feeling it's positive effect.

still very impossible to beat jook's number man! 2.6M is just insane!
I would like to take this chance to ask top SnB on the idea how to move on. Finally over 100k dps and I concentrated on cc and cd because after tested 100% CC HoTA, I found it is superb! My target is playing on MP10 with high dps. Did several runs on MP10 act 1, sometimes I could get key and died for 3-4 times only, sometimes died for 3-4 times for a single elite pack. Without crazy budget, I feel I got stuck right now :<
@ Nikeboy
Currently I'm sitting at 117k DPS unbuffed.. N my health now is at 55 k :)
@QHTran
No problem man :) u can ask the pro SnB barb here for suggestion.. In still in the learning process too...
View profile
I would like to take this chance to ask top SnB on the idea how to move on. Finally over 100k dps and I concentrated on cc and cd because after tested 100% CC HoTA, I found it is superb! My target is playing on MP10 with high dps. Did several runs on MP10 act 1, sometimes I could get key and died for 3-4 times only, sometimes died for 3-4 times for a single elite pack. Without crazy budget, I feel I got stuck right now :<

hey mate, crypter is the expert on S&B HOTA, he will be able to advise on this.
@QHTran

Yeah I know man. I think I got it below the normal price.

Anyway, afaik you can block firechains, mortars. Stormshields have armor + high STR (add'l armor), high resists and elite and melee damage reductions. You'd want to get a stormshield with nice block rate and crit chance.
hey this thread is great.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but Can I squeeze in a quick question to all the top-tiered SnB barbs here:

It's about MS. I have no idea where to put it. I currently have a lacuni's right now, but I believe it's holding back my DPS/EHP a lot. I can't afford MS Climbers. Are inna pants with 200 vit any good?
View profile
hey this thread is great.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but Can I squeeze in a quick question to all the top-tiered SnB barbs here:

It's about MS. I have no idea where to put it. I currently have a lacuni's right now, but I believe it's holding back my DPS/EHP a lot. I can't afford MS Climbers. Are inna pants with 200 vit any good?

hey impepe im not sure if changing your BT pants with an inna pants will be a good idea, you will lose more EHP in the process. currently you have 10% life, 98vit and about 300+STR = Armor. i dont think it's worth it to lose all of those just for a 12% MS.

if you really are keen to have MS its best to invest it on boots or some good lacunis. Not on pants.
@idol Nike

haha. Thanks for the advice godly barb. I'd just have to save up for an MS climbers then or get a better lacunis.

OT: Lol, I got beat two nights ago by a last second sniper/flipper on a very nice rare shoulders. Stats were somewhere afaik around 198 str, 188 vit, 76 all res, 40 fire resists, and 12% life. Last bid was around 55Mil. After a day, the poor thing is on the AH again for 800mil min. bid price. Thank you Mr. Flipper.
View profile
@idol Nike

haha. Thanks for the advice godly barb. I'd just have to save up for an MS climbers then or get a better lacunis.

np, if you notice i dont have MS as well, i can easliy buy some average lacunis and ice climber to gain 24% ms but i dont think its worth it lose good stats for those.

im currently saving for a good ice climber with MS and time will tell when i can afford it lol
When I run SnB I use a rare shield with 27% block and it has 200 str, 200 vit, and 10% crit chance. A shield is of course used for block, but overall it is a stat stick. So you want great stats on it. I never liked a SS due to it not having Vit and having AR instead. High AR is not really needed when you do 100k dps and do mp7 or lower.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]