Diablo® III

*S&B Barb Q&A Thread*

ok ill let you know when i get home. Just add me in game.
Thanks everyone for the support =)
Okay so I guess the consensus is a SS with 9+CC and high block% then
Ohh and somehow my profile didn’t update yet… my current shield is one with a socket it in and I just won a ring last night for a bit under 500K with AR on it .. was super excited!! I rarely win things .. and always get outbid lol

200Kdps? Hahah yeah possible but you’ll have to enter the realm of the godly SnB barbs .. some of them have already blessed us with their presence ;)

@powpow
Yeah a guide to SnB will be awesome! Including gearing and build and everything! It’ll help out new SnB barb a lot!
.. I just read your post that you wanted to buy Madmitch’s SS = / lol
Why godly barb must you be so cruel! Hahah
Hmm but if you get his then can I get yours? I’ll give you all my gold! You’ll be rich =P

@Madmitch
I’m working right now too … I’m volunteering after work as well .. then some errands.. I’ll probably be able to get online at 9pst?
For sure I’ll add you and if it’s high block with 10CC then it is a godly SS =D (that apparently powpow will probably get)
This is what I typed until I saw powpow’s post “…. I only have 3 mil right now though ..=(... can I pay you the rest when I get more gold?”
Lol it’s all good though = )
I would prefer it go to someone who needs it more. So just add me in game and we will work somethin out. Also i still need to check the stats on it. but either way it may be a decent upgrade for you.
Edited by Crippler#1119 on 12/4/2012 9:40 AM PST
@QHTran

LOL...bro, go for it. My shield is already pretty good. It can improve a little, but it can wait.

You add Madmitch and check it out. You've got first dibs

@madmitch...ya, i agree. I already have a decent shield...sell it to someone who needs it more first. Use me as the last option. I can easily pick one up on ah at anytime

------------------------------
WTB 1400 dps rune sword with Str and socket
WTB 250 str Ice climbers with vit and MS
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/4/2012 9:51 AM PST
For sure sounds good
@powpow
It’s all good I think the three of us can work something out.
A godly item on my barb will just be out of place
Your SS will be an awesome upgrade for me already
BTW I was just kidding about you being cruel since your far from it = P … well at least to us humans .. you’re probably a terrors to those demons on the battle field >:D

@Madmitch
Thanks for the generous offer = )
So what do you say? Can you, powpow and I chat in game and work something out tonight?
My barb is far from godly so I don’t need godly gears .. just good gear that can last me a long time
As I mention I can get on at 9pst tonight = )
yea lets do that. ill be on around 5 pst and i will make sure i am on at 9
haha you guys are awesome!!
we're just super nice ppl aren't we?

mm but I think we need some godly SnB models in the SnB guide so making powpow godlier will be nice for the new SnB barbs to look up to ... along with baller, crypter, nikeboy and other godly SnBers = )

ohh and plus I got +8% from my HoC which I’ll be using for a long long long time

Cool Madmitch!
Watcha says Powpow?
@Tran:

I second all the other folks here who have been saying you should shoot for higher Block and CC on your Stormshield. The increased block will do wonders for your EHP; more than any amount of Life% could ever hope for. With the possibility of adding another almost 10% CC from your shield, in addition to the Str it already provides, the damage potential of a SandB barb (or monk, who stands to be even better in the damage dept) is very respectable indeed. Couple that with the fact that you can laugh off attacks that send even we well-geared 2Hers scurrying out of the mob, and I can't fathom why anyone would make fun of your choice to shield it.
View profile
If you are willing to wait and stalk the AH you can get a 8%/30%+ Stormshield for less than you think. Take a look at mine, it cost...2.7m. My brother scored one even better for 2.6m. I'll admit it took a week to snag it, but it was worth it because there is no way I can afford the buyout prices either. I put my whole barb together for under 15m; I farm and do bosses on MP5 and can easily handle MP7...it's just slow and inefficient. My goal is to reach 100k dps/50k life unbuffed. I just need a Mempo, paragon levels, and upped gems, but I will no doubt make more tweaks along the way. Also, I would personally swap for a more damage focused helm after you get the SS, 30% block seems to be plenty.

Long live SnB!!!
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 12/4/2012 10:50 AM PST
haha you guys are awesome!!
we're just super nice ppl aren't we?

mm but I think we need some godly SnB models in the SnB guide so making powpow godlier will be nice for the new SnB barbs to look up to ... along with baller, crypter, nikeboy and other godly SnBers = )

ohh and plus I got +8% from my HoC which I’ll be using for a long long long time

Cool Madmitch!
Watcha says Powpow?

Can't promise anything as i just bought a Wii U and will be playing that tonight but I'll try and get on at 9pst
FYI Everyone who thinks SS best for SnB, for my build/char the results -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SS

195 Strength
34% Block
80 AR
Melee Reduction 5%
Elite Reduction 7%
Cric 8.5

EHP = 544159, Life 34425.71

VS

My Shield
268 Str 260 Vita 176 Int 10% Cric

Effective Health: 578739, Life: 45436.71

DPS + 8.5k Non SS
Edited by Kalesh#6633 on 12/4/2012 11:11 AM PST
@ kalesh you are forgetting the strength and 1.5% CC on the SS btw. Unless you used Strength in the calculation.

Was a typo, calculations with 195 str Cric 8.5, updated now. For proof, use D3Rawr.com, kalesh#6633 and replace my shield with SS with stats above.

See the difference yourself.

The SS listed is for sale. Bin 35 mil. Its on AH listed as 45 mil, 15mil less than any 34% block. 8% cric
Edited by Kalesh#6633 on 12/4/2012 11:17 AM PST
S&B here, late to the party.

I want to work HotA into my skill list, but I'm wondering if I should drop war cry or revenge. I'm farming keys at MP9 and Ubers at MP7 (mainly because of ZK since the other ubers aren't a problem even at 9), so dropping either might be a little problematic.

I want to work HotA into my skill list, but I'm wondering if I should drop war cry or revenge. I'm farming keys at MP9 and Ubers at MP7 (mainly because of ZK since the other ubers aren't a problem even at 9), so dropping either might be a little problematic.

SnB don't need Tough as nails. With SS, your good with 40k HP.

Switch to bloodlust. - +3% LL
Drop IK to witching hour - 15k DPS and more IAS
For ubers use Frenzy with stun.
Replace Revenge with HOTA

Edit: You seem obsessed with Armor,

Use warcry with 15% dodge or 20% resis
Switch from rare pants to Blackthorne's Jousting Mail 150 str/200+ vita - Better survival
or Inna Temperance (100+ vita, 8-9% IAS, 2os) - DPS
Edited by Kalesh#6633 on 12/4/2012 11:25 AM PST
@Kalesh

You may have greater EHP with the 260 vit, but you're a lot more fragile. Sustain mods such as LS/LOH/Regen/pots work much better with lower HP and higher mitigation. Your mitigation with SS is 15.8 vs 12.7 with the other shield. That means each HP restored is 15.8 EHP with SS vs 12.7 EHP with other shield. It takes longer to recover from damage even though burst damage is slightly easier to absorb.
You may have greater EHP with the 260 vit, but you're a lot more fragile. Sustain mods such as LS/LOH/Regen/pots work much better with lower HP and higher mitigation. Your mitigation with SS is 15.8 vs 12.7 with the other shield. That means each HP restored is 15.8 EHP with SS vs 12.7 EHP with other shield. It takes longer to recover from damage even though burst damage is slightly easier to absorb.

I have tested both builds, LS/LOH/Pots are matter of chance and at MP8+ its better to have decent HP. With SS its difficult to attain 40k+ hp without sacrificing DPS.
FYI Everyone who thinks SS best for SnB, for my build/char the results -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SS

195 Strength
34% Block
80 AR
Melee Reduction 5%
Elite Reduction 7%
Cric 8.5

EHP = 544159, Life 34425.71

VS

My Shield
268 Str 260 Vita 176 Int 10% Cric

Effective Health: 578739, Life: 45436.71

DPS + 8.5k Non SS

in your case, your shield holds almost 25% of your Vit...so equipping a SS and losing 25% of your life is definitely more detrimental.

This doesn't mean that the SS isn't the best shield for barbs, it just means that it isn't the best for you given how you've built your barb

This also means that you are tied to that shield and it will be a rather wholesale change in gear for you to make up the 260 vit on other pieces (i.e, if you ever decide to go with a different set up)

Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/4/2012 12:42 PM PST

you have an interesting setup. I envy the 2.8LS on your sword...that has freed you up from bloodlust. i think the most efficient thing you can do is drop revenge and use HotA instead. Or switch to bloodlust instead of ravage for the higher MP's in combination with HotA.

HotA is doing crazy dmg now...you get +1% crit chance for every 5 fury you have. It is completely OP

Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/4/2012 12:49 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]