Diablo® III

*S&B Barb Q&A Thread*

@QHTran...its too bad...2 weeks ago, i gave away a 26% block, 6.5 CC stormshield. I found like 6 of them in a week. 1 sold one ah, and i brimstoned the rest...the 6.5CC one was the best of the bunch and i gave that away to a friend who was a newb. You should have known me 2 weeks ago lol

To answer your question:

1. Storm shield of around 30% block and 8CC?

i would say minimum 26 block on SS with minumum 9%CC. There are tons of them for cheap. Find a deal. Look on ah everyday

2. An IK boot per VeePow suggestions .. the cheapest equivalent to mine is 15 mil buyout >_< why all so expensive? Lol

Sigh, i recently brimstoned a 90/90 ik boot sigh. I would aim for ice climbers though, not ik. Ik is a nice boot because it comes with 12% MS, str, vit, ar, and you can find tons of the mid to lower tier ones for practically nothing, but IC with MS are best in slot for barb

3. Gloves/Bracers? IK armour? I haven’t thought that far ahead yet lol

For gloves, aim for trifecta but non-IK. I find that you are limited with IK gloves. For chest, IK. Bracers, aim for lacuni's with crit, but for the time being, any decent str, vit with crit chance bracers will do.
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/5/2012 10:37 AM PST
@Teh, i actually read everything you wrote...does that mean you owe me a cookie?

@QH, ITF is into the Fray...its battle Rage and generates a crap load of fury
@TehCommunism
Thanks I’ll try switch out marauder for thrive on chaos then

@powpow
Thanks for the explanation
Haha yeah I should’ve know you sooner .. well at least now I know you = )
I shall prowl the AH in search of my SS = )
Lol your term of “cheap” is the equivalent of expensive = P .. but yeah I’ll not buy anything else and save up to 15 mil for one
Then save another 15 mil for the IK boots … Iceclimbers are super nice but way way over my budget, same for IK chest and lacuni

What is your approach in terms of farming and getting more $$?
Should I stick to MP3/MP4 and do it slowly like right now …. Or should I drop to MP0/MP1 and WW it in my firewalker?
I don’t really know how to WW properly though lol
I mainly use it for running from one back to the next faster
@TehCommunism
Thanks I’ll try switch out marauder for thrive on chaos then

@powpow
Thanks for the explanation
Haha yeah I should’ve know you sooner .. well at least now I know you = )
I shall prowl the AH in search of my SS = )
Lol your term of “cheap” is the equivalent of expensive = P .. but yeah I’ll not buy anything else and save up to 15 mil for one
Then save another 15 mil for the IK boots … Iceclimbers are super nice but way way over my budget, same for IK chest and lacuni

What is your approach in terms of farming and getting more $$?
Should I stick to MP3/MP4 and do it slowly like right now …. Or should I drop to MP0/MP1 and WW it in my firewalker?
I don’t really know how to WW properly though lol
I mainly use it for running from one back to the next faster

you want battle rage/into the fray + Berserker/thrive on chaos. This in combo with Hammer is OP.

as you play the game more, you'll get more drops and you'll get more gold. ya, what i consider to be dirt cheap might be expensive for you, but that's just right now. Once you get some paragons behind you and you start getting some decent drops, the gold will start to flow. For me, that was around paragon 45

As far as what MP, you want to play the highest MP that you can efficiently kill in. You want to make use of the highest possible XP and magic find/gold bonus. There is no point playing mp2 if you can kill just as fast in mp3...because each mp gives you another 25% magic find and other bonuses mentioned above.
12/05/2012 02:20 PMPosted by powpowboom71
As far as what MP, you want to play the highest MP that you can efficiently kill in.

hmm I think understand when you say this ... K I'll drop to MP1 and work my way up with a WW build

I can do MP4 but I don't think it'll be as fast as MP1 and plus I have no move speed with my current boots so it take longer going from pack to the next
hmm paragon 45 eh?... I guess I can switch in a ruby and my vit hellfire ring .. I know .. I don't have a strng one = ( but it's the only one that I have and I share it with my other chars

hurray! endless grinding here I come = )
ohh and i'll defenitly try the ITF +ToC + hammer = ) ... they hit .. HARD! my yellow numbers never went close to 800K yet until I tried it the other night
SnB barbs are still here :)
I've always played SnB, and will continue to.

When inspecting your profile, things that stood out to me were gems, shield, and jewelry. I didn't read all 6 pages, but I'm sure people already commented about that stuff.

As for SS, I bought mine for 4m on AH. I know it's only 7.5%, but it had a nice roll on str, so it somewhat balances out.

My barb is far from perfect, but you can reference it if ya want to :P
@nike
ya, i noticed yr new ring which has provided more dps and EHP compared to oculus. thks for your opinion, i will have to buy wisely...but need lot of savings to do that too.

@QHTran,
as mentioned by powpow, you have to be patience to get a good SS, monitor closely and you will get one that u like, i got mine at 9.8M with 33% block & 9%CC, and i have bought 3 SS with 29% and 9-9.5%CC at 4M, 7M and 9M. but i sold all to make some gold, the deal is too good to miss.

it is going to be long way to catch your guys, who are very very top snb barb. so far, nike, baller, crypter and so many others are setting very good example as SNB and also my goals to be like you all...
there is one S&B that i really like to meet and have a chat with

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nick-12502/Efialtis/1587654

however i cant seem to see if he is active in this forums.

we should create a S/B guild here

all sword and boards are welcome to join. These threads pop up more and more often now and i find that we often repeat the advice over and over...plus after a few days, that thread is lost in a sea of threads. The information contained in one place would be invaluable for beginners to pros alike

------------------------------
WTB 1400 dps rune sword with Str and socket
WTB 250 str Ice climbers with vit and MS

Yeah man, im in! Best thing about us SnBer's is we all get along, unlike a lot of other styles around here lol!!

can you please stop upgrading! I don't need you to pass me on the godly thread! lol

hahaha dont worry man it's not my goal at the moment! i am still lacking 24ms and paragon score that is why im not in Cel's thread lol.

EDIT* my goal is to pass Cherry;s score in pvp dummy, he's just 40k points away from me finally!

Man! You are almost there! Im rooting for you! Too bad jook justt took off like a bat out of hell lol..... good thing he is a cool dude and well deserved.
View profile

hahaha dont worry man it's not my goal at the moment! i am still lacking 24ms and paragon score that is why im not in Cel's thread lol.

EDIT* my goal is to pass Cherry;s score in pvp dummy, he's just 40k points away from me finally!

Man! You are almost there! Im rooting for you! Too bad jook justt took off like a bat out of hell lol..... good thing he is a cool dude and well deserved.

thanks mah mate! yeah when i was still in the process of gearing upi i've always seen Cherry's barb in the top of the ranks. During that time i was still around 2.5M EHP and 40K RAW DPS pre 1.0.4. I've seen a lot of godly barbs tried to took the first rank but never succeeded (except our mate Jook who has some EU BARB stats!), so it really motivates me to slowly upgrade and upgrade and took months for me to reach this score and somehow i have figured out what to upgrade to pass his score.

what i like about the S&B community is we seldom see any arguements, fights etc relating to our builds, instead we help one another and the people who aspires to become better S&B barbs. We may have some competion but it is a friendly competion which motivates us more to become better, so mate im looking forward for your next upgrade move!
Hi,

I juz starting to change from 2h to SnB. Is there any advice on my setup currently?

Im looking at how can i improve my AR as its like really too low ~_~
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/qhtran-1403/KOnan/7885001

Your ehp is very low at 928k. You need more vit, resist and armor. I see you want a cc stormshield, well I had one with 34% block and sold it for only 2m because no one wanted to pay more. There's very little demand for shields so I hope you don't pay over 2m for one. Also note if you want cc on a stormshield, you will lose vit or % life and take a huge hit in your ehp. This is why I don't bother with cc/cd with tank gear. cc/cd is for glass cannons. My barb isn't too glassy, but still 1/4th the ehp of my tank gear.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ace-1696/BarbMale/4850585

My ehp is over 1.4m with skorn. You should be well over 2m ehp with shield, I am around 6m ehp with my tank gear that's sitting in my stash.
Thumbs up for Nikeboy, truly well said and I believed this is all what we want here,
To share, learn, motivate and compete in a friendly way..keep it up and I will need
All your help on and off along the way...cheers
So following some builds I've seen of baller and powpowboom I've been working on my build and my gear some--I must say that I've been loving how much more I survive as SnB!

Are there any thoughts on where I should go from how my gear is now?

Also, I'm in dire need of a new weapon, what should I be looking for on the AH as I have terrible luck finding almost anything myself.
hi guys. SnB barb here. Hoping we can hunt keys together. Im on GMT+8 though... lol
I love these SnB threads! Some really great info in here.

@ crypter
Since you’re the HotA master can you tell me the proper way of playing it?
Right now I bash x 3 ->killing spree -> rend -> bash and Killing spree till full fury -> then just smash until fury is out
And how do you run with WotB on all the time? … I had to switch out WotB to try HotA

Well to be honest you should never be running out of fury, you may want to give animosity a try if you find yourself always low on fury. Your HOTA (using Smash I hope) should be proc'ing enough to generate the fury to sustain itself. Especially when you are hitting more than 1 target. The way I play it when starting from 0 fury is I first Bash 2 or 3 times to fill fury then rend once, all the while I am constantly spamming Overpower since it does not cost any fury. After that it's HOTA until I feel the Punish Rune has worn off then I will throw in another bash or 2. I never let my fury go below 1/4th full. If I find myself depleting in fury I will bash a couple time, this also has the effect of resetting my Punish clock.

Honestly between your HOTA proc and Bash Proc you should always generate enough fury in a battle to reset the WOTB timer, maybe not all the way, but enough to move to the next pack. Big packs will reset it all the way for me usually.

I think the key is IAS....you may need more. IAS is important to fury regen when relying on HOTA/Bash procs to refill it.

On that note, I had a pretty awesome Witching Hour fall on my lap yesterday. I switched out my IK belt for the day and gave it a spin. I lost 3 LS but the increase in IAS and DMG was enough to offset some of what animosity was providing and so I threw bloodthirst back in. This boosted my DPS by 20K!!

I am up to 168K unbuffed DPS from Diablo Progress.....wonder if I can hit over 200K unbuffed DPS and still maintain about 1.5 mil EHP.
Edited by Crypter#1856 on 12/6/2012 7:10 AM PST
I think what makes for a GREAT HOTA experience with a SnB barb is stack IAS where possible. This has a HUGE impact in 2 areas. First, it will help fury gen which in turn will keep HOTA procs coming and WOTB going. Second, single HOTA crit for me range between 800K and 1.2 mil so the more of these hits I can squeeze in per second my actual DPS goes through the roof. Right now with that witching hour I threw in, never mind my paper DPS going up 20K. I am doing waaay more HOTA dmg now too. My next step is to get a nice Mempo, then after that find a set of IK Irons like the ones I have now but with some IAS too..
View profile
@Crypter - well done with the upgrades man!
View profile
Thumbs up for Nikeboy, truly well said and I believed this is all what we want here,
To share, learn, motivate and compete in a friendly way..keep it up and I will need
All your help on and off along the way...cheers

yeah, that's what forums is all about, knowledge sharing and not like "hey im a godly barb i kill ubers in x minutes fck!n worship me!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]